Checking Luggage Through To Udon, Is It Possible?

We are arriving from Seoul on Thai airways and our onward flight departs from DM, also with Thai airways. I am assuming we will have to collect our luggage in Suva and pass through customs and then take it all to DM via bus/taxi.

However, as Udon has recently opened their 'International' Airport, I am wondering if we can arrange for our luggage to be booked through to Udon, as I have read it can with Chaing Mai.

Another question, my wife and son will be traveling on Thai PP so can I accompany them through the Thai PP Immigration booths at Suva (I could at DM, when we returned from Taiwan 3 years ago)?

No, you must check your luggage only to BKK, then collect it and transfer to DMK where you must recheck your luggage. UTH is now an international airport, but the only international flights I've heard of that go there are Tiger Airways flights from Singapore. As far as THAI is concerned, it's just a strictly domestic route from DMK to UTH.

No, you must check your luggage only to BKK, then collect it and transfer to DMK where you must recheck your luggage. UTH is now an international airport, but the only international flights I've heard of that go there are Tiger Airways flights from Singapore. As far as THAI is concerned, it's just a strictly domestic route from DMK to UTH.

Hi, I am flying in from Los Angeles to BKK, and then traveling on to Chiang Mai. My flight is scheduled to depart to CM from BKK less than 2 hours after my scheduled arrival into BKK from Los Angeles. Both flights are on Thai Air.

I was told that I could have my luggage just forwarded on to CM, and actually go thru immigration at CM. The flight times are very close, so I would prefer to do it this way if possible. Can it be done?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi, I am flying in from Los Angeles to BKK, and then traveling on to Chiang Mai. My flight is scheduled to depart to CM from BKK less than 2 hours after my scheduled arrival into BKK from Los Angeles. Both flights are on Thai Air.

I was told that I could have my luggage just forwarded on to CM, and actually go thru immigration at CM. The flight times are very close, so I would prefer to do it this way if possible. Can it be done?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

If you are flying from LAX to Chiang Mai & are transiting Suvarnabhumi (make sure that your Bangkok - Chiang Mai flight is departing from Suvarnabhumi also, as some depart fom Don Muang!) and both flights are TG (Thai Airways International), then you should chek your bagging in at LAX all the way through to Chiang Mai. when you arrive in Bangkok, go to the domestic transfer counter (if you do not already have a boarding pass for your Bangkok - Chiang Mai flight) and you will effectively transit Bangkok & they'll give you a sticker to wear prominently with CIQ on it, which indicates to them that you've not been through immigration (on the flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, there will be both domestic & international transit passengers on board). When you arrive in Chiang Mai, you go through the immigration exit (signed), collect your baggage & clear customs. I've done this innumerable times & never had any problems with my bags making the connecting flight to CM. This is without doubt the easiest & most foolproof way of making your connection.

To another poster that has to change from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang Airport, even if you are flying TG to TG, there is no facility for interlining of baggage (that's what it's called by the way) between the 2 airports & even though Udon Thani may now have international status, you must clear immigration in Bangkok, collect your bags & clear customs & then trek across to Don Muang Airport. Recommended minimum connecting time from arrival at Suvarnabhumi to departing Don Muang is 4 hours! You can take a meter taxi or there is a regular bus service (not free) operating between the airports.