how late can you be on a PEA payment before electricity is disconnected

flexomike

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just checked last bill.

Meter reading/print date: 23 July

Due date: 2 August

That's only 10 days (to my surprise).

But I am certain that next house they didn't for a whole month and not disconnected.

A long time ago, the bill had gone missing and after a month I came home to find no meter and no electricity. That was painful, we had one extension lead from next door to power a fan.

A few years later, I forgot to pay, a young guy came after about 6 weeks to disconnected the meter. The power went off the meter, I ran out and I managed to get the him to reinstall the cable and I paid via the app, that was over a month. After that, luckily, he found it funny to ring the doorbell to tell me I had forgotten to pay and I paid using my phone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Been using it for months. Works OK....................oh, and I am a Foreigner!

I think you have to put in the details of the PEA Account holder, which is, in my case, my Thai GF. But it works on my phone.

And I added my next-door sister onto the app.

PEA bills can be paid on Lazada, has an English menu too.

• Thanks 1

If you have a Thai bank account you can pay online, my Kasikorn account has the Utilty listed and with PEA when you click on it and input your PEA account number you can save as a favorite then when you click on it in the future it will tell you if anything is owed and you can pay. Simple and easy, I was in the UK in June and was able to pay from there using my thai phone and the banking app. 

You can pay using Lazada.  There's not even a service charge.  They'll email you a reciept for payment. 

You can use Lazada app anywhere and they also except foreign credit cards.

My wife says a few months for cutoff entirely for non-payment.

It's too bad there isn't the option to pay in advance or have credit like they do on TRUE.