Any older car refurbisher around…? Want to recarpet and detail older Toyota….

mikey88

Hi everyone….

The title says it all actually. I’m wanting to bring an old Toyota back to life……I need a guy or a company who car replace the interior carpeting…..and maybe detail the interior upholstery….

Always appreciative  of the help…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Hi everyone….

The title says it all actually. I’m wanting to bring an old Toyota back to life……I need a guy or a company who car replace the interior carpeting…..and maybe detail the interior upholstery….

Always appreciative  of the help…

Try this.  Best group of car guys you could hope to meet, located all over Thailand with regular meetups and always helping each other. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thailandexpatcarclub

• Thanks 2

The carpet thing is quite easy for a DIY guy, remove the seats, pull out the carpet and use the bits as templates to cut out from a length of auto carpet.

You can buy seat covers, even leather seat covers, for particular rides. Where I am there are shops that recover anything, just keep your eyes open for them...????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikey88 said:

First thing I need done is the interior…..new carpet if at all possible…

Refresh the upholstery…..that sort of thing….

Just spotted your location... far from me but I know a great guy if you get stuck.

Otherwise the car club would help you out.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, Thailand said:

Just outside Airport Plaza just before the lights turning left to immigration, last building on the left.

Very good, very quick. inexpensive.  Highly recommended.

Name is Chai. I have his number and he is on LINE.

Thanks for that tip…..would you be able to send me his number…if possible…I don’t use LIne….

Is it a business …..small shop……?

On 7/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, Thailand said:

Just outside Airport Plaza just before the lights turning left to immigration, last building on the left.

Very good, very quick. inexpensive.  Highly recommended.

Name is Chai. I have his number and he is on LINE.

Not sure I understand your directions well enough….

so….driving towards Immigration…Airport Plaza on my left…..I pass Airport Plaza and turn left before Immigration….?

1 minute ago, Mahseer said:

There was a lovely old Jag parked up in the place on Chareonrat Road yesterday. It's straight across the street from the Sikh temple named Gurudwara which is between Nawarat and Nakornping bridges.

Depending on what it is, it could be a nightmare to get involved with, plus a Jag ending up valuable, would be questionable. ????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Depending on what it is, it could be a nightmare to get involved with, plus a Jag ending up valuable, would be questionable. ????

It was a mark x that appeared in decent nick. Looked like they were just refreshing the upholstery.

Just now, Mahseer said:

It was a mark x that appeared in decent nick. Looked like they were just refreshing the upholstery.

Probably now has a Toyota engine.....????

There is a 1970 Pontiac Bonneville near me, has a Toyota V8, sounds OK though.... 

55 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

the Sikh temple named Gurudwara

????

All Sikh temples are called gurudwara.  It is the name of a Sikh place of worship.  There are at least three gurudwara in ChiangMai with different names.  All good for a quiet meditation,  some have free food.  

31 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

????

All Sikh temples are called gurudwara.  It is the name of a Sikh place of worship.  There are at least three gurudwara in ChiangMai with different names.  All good for a quiet meditation,  some have free food.  

I gave the name of the road which limits the choice to one I believe.

9 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

I gave the name of the road which limits the choice to one I believe.

Yes you did fine, very clear, and even came up with an uncommon word, gurudwara.  

Thank you.  No offense.  I was just offering some clarification because I like Sikhs and their temples.

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

Yes you did fine, very clear, and even came up with an uncommon word, gurudwara.  

Thank you.  No offense.  I was just offering some clarification because I like Sikhs and their temples.

All good. Watched a documentary about Duleep Singh last night. Very interesting.