Drivers License Exam Questions

Qman

I believe that the written test you are worried about is a multi-choice answer test.  I thought th afternoon session on the Highway code was to prepare you for this test.

When i took my test, at Phayao I was excused the written test as they could not find the English version I had to take.

Hence, the examiner checked my UK licence and after I explained the UK vehicle classifications to her, (not many electric milk floats in Thailand)  I was given Thai licence for car and motorcycle.  There might also be some nonsense about medical and reaction test and colour vision.  

Is Thailand the only country in the world you can pass your driving test without needing to change gear as you drive; only need 1st. and reverse?

At my test I did reaction/colour test next to "Old farmer Noi" who could not see the colour lights, or understand the reaction test.  He passed despite his daughter begging the examiner not to pass him as he "could not see very well"

UPDATE

Went to my appointment on the 8th for my license renewals which were over the one year grace period.  We had to watch two hours of videos and were called out by groups to do the color and reaction tests.  After the videos were over about 11:15 we had to review the paperwork they completed, check details and then sign a few times.  Were told to come back at 1:00pm for the written test.  Waited about until 1:00pm then we were brought in one at a time for them to register in the computer system and take a thumbprint.  After we took the computerized exam which randomly picks questions.  Answered the 50 questions and check them again as I had a lot of time remaining.  Hit send button and it flashed back I passed.  Called over the exam monitor and he signed the page in the data set that I passed.  Was then told I needed to take the test again as two licenses requires two tests.  What??? Not happy but no choice so he starts setting the second exam.  Just as he started the power went down in the entire building about 1:45.  Some people left but most foreigners stayed and waited.  About 4:00pm they said go home and come back another day.  I picked Wednesday and they said can do 9:30am or 1:00pm so I chose the morning session. 

Went today a bit early and had to explain to exam monitor why I was there.  They found my paperwork and I pointed out I had passed one exam and was there for number 2.  He set it up and checked my fingerprint so I could the start.  Did exam and reviewed answers.  Pushed submit and got back passed with 49/50.  Monitor got wide eyed and gave me a fist pump LOL.  Signed off and then to pay window.  They give you a number and you go outside and wait for picture to be taken while you stand outside and they take from inside.  Was confusing and hard to hear your number called.  After picture they come out again with licenses about 10 minutes later and call name again.. I actually went back in to see if they had called my name and she said wait here while she finished mine.  Out of there about 10:30 with both licenses.

A big thanks to all who provided links to old exams and information sources.  While I studies and practiced all the old exams the most current and useful based on the tests I took this week was this one.  https://thaidriveexam.com/  It does have some translation issues and some show up as missed when the correct answer was not one of the choices.  Just review what was missed and you will get the correct answer which should be on the real test.  i took multiple tests for each section as it takes multiple ones to see all or most of the questions.  

I also read the attached English translation of the Land Transport Act which is helpful.  

Overall it was not that difficult if you study and practice the one line tests.  Takes time and due to power outage it was two days for me.  I was surprised with having to take two tests which does not make sense to me.  They do count the color and reaction for both so only one testing for those.  Good luck to those who are going through the process.

Thai Driving Regulations Summarized.pdf

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 5:25 PM, StevieAus said:

Are you saying that the driver turning out of the side road has priority over all traffic traveling towards them or only the car turning right into their road?

If the former is the case it would potentially cause mayhem on two or three lane roads.

It does. as the vehicle on the main road blocks the view of that exiting and joining into traffic. 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, crazykopite said:

If a Thai can pass the driving test you can 

Why?  Are you suggesting foreigners are superior to Thais? Or are you promoting the inferiority of Thais to white people?

It's not funny- it's just a tired, clichéd racist trope.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, crazykopite said:

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why?  Are you suggesting foreigners are superior to Thais? Or are you promoting the inferiority of Thais to white people?

'White people' ; I didn't get that part. If a Thai flunks probably you will too?  Why you'd bother to challenge the use of a "tired, cliched racist trope" is also a tired cliched racist trope.  You made yourself feel better but changed absolutely no body's outlook on life. 

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:
  On 7/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, crazykopite said:

'White people' ; I didn't get that part. If a Thai flunks probably you will too?  Why you'd bother to challenge the use of a "tired, cliched racist trope" is also a tired cliched racist trope.  You made yourself feel better but changed absolutely no body's outlook on life. 

Other people's casual racism does not make me feel better. Nor does their denial of their racist views. I don't think this forum  was set  up for small minded ignorant  people to slag off Thais and Thailand in a thoughtless, clichéd racist way. If such  racists wish  to suggest they are superior  to Thais they need a better grasp of language and use their  own original language  to defend  themselves from criticism  not just not just quoting their critics language  back at them. Perhaps  you didn't mean to suggest that Thais  were inferior to whites/ foreigners but test the sentence  out  replace the word Thais with Africans or Jews or Blacks and then you will understand why your sentiment is a troubling racist cliche.

Many people hold views they think  are normal and say  things they think  are funny. But they are  not funny and only  normal in the  company of like minded people.

Casual Racism is different than 'Learned experience'  prejudice.  I got conscripted in 1969 when I was merely prejudiced; came out 24 months later, having being reprogramed  by black conscripts  to be  a racist as soon as I got some power.  Never got the power to be  racist so have to be satisfied to have learned  justified prejudices from close contact with blacks..