Non Imm O - Retirement Permission To Stay - 800K Thai Bank Balance

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The 800k in the bank (400k after three months) cannot be touched so you still need 'money to live on'. When doing the monthly transfer, be it 65k or less, you can spend every last satang.

It can be touched after I have extended for the first time & successfully met the Payment method of 65k Minimum criteria. This was always Plan A, I just needed guidance and advice on what I could do with the Above 800k monies in the interim.

On 8/1/2022 at 1:18 PM, Carrbhoy said:

But I would still need to transfer the minimum 65k per month? I want to use the amount above 800k & then the 400k (800 to 400 end of Q1 next year) towards some outstanding B2L mortgage. 

I know many people who are married, they still use the 800,000 method, just saying

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, Carrbhoy said:

Really? I thought it was a minimum of 400k and 65k monthly transfers.  

I have used the 65,000 baht transferred in each month for well over a decade now. No minimum bank balance required.

5 minutes ago, flexomike said:

I would leave the 800,000 in the bank for sure, you can take it down to 400,000 for five months but they will expect it to be 800,000 in the bank before your extension, possible might not be an issue at some offices but I wouldn't take the chance, once you have that extension based on the 65,000 a month go ahead and take all of the 800,000 out if you want

I agree 100% that each Immigration office can treat things differently - that is why I would suggest speaking to the local IO for clarification of their requirements.

Logic ? says that you have complied with the previous terms of approval by keeping 800k and then dropping tp 400k. The 800k for 2 months prior is directly connected to the upcoming application, the new basis of applying requires 12 x 65k transfers as described above.... BUT.....check with the IO 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 1:47 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Not mentioned so far, but don't these monthly transfers have to be shown to come from overseas and do your Wise transfers indicate for that event at Bangkok Bank?

If you use Wise to transfer the 65k to Bangkok Bank AND show the purpose from their drop down menu as Long Stay Thailand, Wis should send the transfer to Bangkok Bank and not another banking partner.  Bangkok Bank uses the "FTT" code for such transfers (Foreign Telegraphic Transfer).  I renewed my extension in June at Immigration's Pattaya Office. They require a separate letter from your bank listing all foreign deposits.  There was no problem in getting the letter from a Bangkok Branch (other than they needed bank statements for the period as my passbook had some "consolidated entries") - they listed all deposits with the FTT code.

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 6:41 AM, Wrwest said:

I have used the 65,000 baht transferred in each month for well over a decade now. No minimum bank balance required.

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate the info.

Do you deposit 800k for a couple of months prior to the annual Renewal or not required?

On 8/3/2022 at 8:42 AM, soisanuk said:

If you use Wise to transfer the 65k to Bangkok Bank AND show the purpose from their drop down menu as Long Stay Thailand, Wis should send the transfer to Bangkok Bank and not another banking partner.  Bangkok Bank uses the "FTT" code for such transfers (Foreign Telegraphic Transfer).  I renewed my extension in June at Immigration's Pattaya Office. They require a separate letter from your bank listing all foreign deposits.  There was no problem in getting the letter from a Bangkok Branch (other than they needed bank statements for the period as my passbook had some "consolidated entries") - they listed all deposits with the FTT code.

Thanks for the reply. I've used this Wise code each month and checked that it does in fact show as FTT on my bank book entry. All good so far.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:43 AM, hotandsticky said:

I agree 100% that each Immigration office can treat things differently - that is why I would suggest speaking to the local IO for clarification of their requirements.

Logic ? says that you have complied with the previous terms of approval by keeping 800k and then dropping tp 400k. The 800k for 2 months prior is directly connected to the upcoming application, the new basis of applying requires 12 x 65k transfers as described above.... BUT.....check with the IO 

Thanks for the reply. I'll definately check with the IO in Chiang Mai before transferring any Cash to ensure I meet with the local requirements. Hopefully, I can reduce the Balance to zero and rely on the monthly 65k transfers.

• Thumbs Up 1