Escalating Taiwan tensions may be discussed today in 55th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, in Cambodia

geovalin

The Official Spokesperson of the 55th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, which starts today in Phnom Penh, says that FMs may discuss the escalating tensions in Taiwan – which have been exacerbated by US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan.

Dr. Kong Phok, Secretary of State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia and the Official Spokesperson of the 55th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting stated “I have informed the agenda as well as the main points of discussion of the ASEAN Foreign Ministers today, there is a topic related to regional and global issues,

I think the foreign ministers will take this opportunity to discuss and find common ground so that ASEAN can contribute to the coordination as well as express their views on how to stabilize the situation in Taiwan. “It does not lead to conflict and the emergence of political heat of all parties involved .” The third regional meeting, of which Cambodia holds the ASEAN chairmanship, is being held as tensions mount between China and the United States over Ms Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501124718/escalating-taiwan-tensions-may-be-discussed-today-in-55th-asean-foreign-ministers-meeting/

Escalating-Taiwan-tensions-may-be-discussed-today-in-55th-ASEAN-Foreign-Ministers-Meeting.jpg.af99ecf2bd524c73452155cd91843510.jpg

As an American this will be the first and only time  I ever say this: Nancy Pelosi was right.  She can visit anywhere she wants to.  Too bad PRC.  What are you gonna do?  Either take back Taiwan(or as they refer to it as “the breakaway republic”) or be quiet.  Last time I was in Taiwan it looked and sounded like an actual country. Taiwanese people actually have passports as well.  

I have taken several flights with EVA(a Taiwanese Airline) so am I escalating “tensions” as well?