Thailand’s methamphetamine drug supply pushes prices to as low as 10 Baht/tablet

webfact

we bought a new set of curtains from a lage retail store(they are all over Thailand), got them home and when we opened up the plastic cover out popped a bag of pills. Wasnt sure but had suspisions so did a google search on the shape imprinted on the pills, turns out they were meth so crushed the bag/pills and flushed all the contents. Have to wonder if they were using the business as a means to transport them all over the country or one of the staff was using the curtain cover to hide their own supply but there were quite a lot in the bag, probably 50 or so

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

Tramadol is available at my local pharmacies. Is this being prosecuted? If so, I should carry around my med cert. I'm getting a hip replacement and have legit pain. I assume Ketamine isn't at pharmacies, right? Always wanted to try that.  ????

I remember years ago, like 2006, trying to get something like Tramodol in Thailand. No luck. Glad to hear that its around now

• Like 1

Can anyone explain why these drug lords don't branch out into more interesting drugs like Quaaludes, LSD ect.......... They do have ecstasy sometimes but not much....

Its just Meth and Heroin and use to include weed about 98% of the time.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Can anyone explain why these drug lords don't branch out into more interesting drugs like Quaaludes, LSD ect.......... They do have ecstasy sometimes but not much....

Its just Meth and Heroin and use to include weed about 98% of the time.....

It's all about dependence. The more addictive, the better the repeat business.

A bit like Big Pharma and fentanyl, Oxycontin, etc. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have found drugged up people do more so!

Jibber jabber .  Your premise is false you have nothing to prove it's true so you resort to insults and perceived assumptions about people. I don't take drugs mate I work offshore we are urine tested monthly. Yet another thing you are wrong about. 

The price of yaba has been constantly falling for half a decade. Has ZERO to do with cannabis being removed from the cat 5 list. Your a myth

Edited by starky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, starky said:

Jibber jabber .  Your premise is false you have nothing to prove it's true so you resort to insults and perceived assumptions about people. I don't take drugs mate I work offshore we are urine tested monthly. Yet another thing you are wrong about. 

The price of yaba has been constantly falling for half a decade. Has ZERO to do with cannabis being removed from the cat 5 list. Your a myth

Chill out, I never said anything about you, why so paranoid?

Edited by jacko45k

13 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Easy solution.

Public executions for all the farangs who are smuggling this drug in.

Think it's a local problem of the Lao, Thai, and Cambodian people. 

Never seen any white people involved in manufacture or distribution.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Think it's a local problem of the Lao, Thai, and Cambodian people. 

Never seen any white people involved in manufacture or distribution.

Yes the clue is in the op "the golden triangle and shan states" 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:06 PM, Harsh Jones said:

I remember years ago, like 2006, trying to get something like Tramodol in Thailand. No luck. Glad to hear that its around now

It's hell to get off of. Some doctors still don't know that and believe it's non addictive. They are wrong. Yes, it works on serious pain. But, it makes you stupid and affects memory significantly. I had trouble finding my words while on it for legitimate severe pain. If you're in horrible pain, codeine plus paracetamol or tramadol are available at most Thai pharmacies I've visited. No questions asked. I don't look like a thrill seeker. I look like an aging farang.