Thailand’s methamphetamine drug supply pushes prices to as low as 10 Baht/tablet

webfact

image.jpeg

By Erich Parpart

Thailand’s drug abuse problem has reached a new high as supply of methamphetamine (also called Yaba) has started to flood the market and price of each methamphetamine tablet has dropped to as low as 10 Baht.

The widespread supply that has flooded the Thai market is stemming from Golden Triangle which has driven process in most provinces of Thailand down to less than one US dollar, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) told Thai Enquirer.

“The drop in the Yaba price from traditional highs started 3 or 4 years ago as meth started flooding out of Shan State and the Golden Triangle, but it then dropped further and very fast in the past 18 months as armed groups including some of the smaller groups really increased tablet production,” said Jeremy Douglas, the Regional Representative of the UNODC for Southeast Asia and the Pacific.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/42351/thailands-methamphetamine-drug-supply-pushes-prices-to-as-low-as-10-baht-tablet/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-08-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Easy,

Price of cannabis @ 4bht/gm drives the price of all other drugs down in order to compete.

Ha Ha Ha You win obviously we shop in different markets ...............LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Methamphetamine, along with Ketamine and Tramadol, are huge problems here.

Tramadol is available at my local pharmacies. Is this being prosecuted? If so, I should carry around my med cert. I'm getting a hip replacement and have legit pain. I assume Ketamine isn't at pharmacies, right? Always wanted to try that.  ????

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A benefit of reducing cannabis restrictions?

Clearly not, it's been going on for years, I heard reports it was 20 Baht a couple of years ago.

The 20 Baht price I'm talking about from long ago was not in the cities so maybe it takes time to catch up.

Edited by ukrules

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Easy,

Price of cannabis @ 4bht/gm drives the price of all other drugs down in order to compete.

Yes indeed, and I wonder how long before heroin and cocaine starts to "flood" the market as the young pot heads are targeted by the drug barons!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer opium. 

Same ... as don't need anything to stay away or keep going.  If I want a buzz, I prefer not to be wired, as I already am naturally.

I've driven 20 hr straight, hopped in the surf, took a short nap, couple hours, then did the return trip, another 20 hrs.   Philly-Miami, to make a delivery ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At this rate candy will look way too expensive, but children mistaking food for drugs only ever happens with ganja so that we can conveniently ban it. Yaba, carry on! And without hitch Thailand's drug of choice! Paint thinners, raspborry, strawbeery and lemon lime glues for the snifter? Bring it on! How about gas huffing!? Sure! The doctor's commitee are probably more worried you'll get addicted to foreign beer brands. Ganja? What kind of dinosaur is that? I don't know...

Edited by Gilligan In Drag

3 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

Ketamine isn't at pharmacies, right? Always wanted to try that.  ????

Neutral high, no euphoria. Just a constant state of confusion and mind-blownness. Take it with molly for an incredible experience. 

I haven't smoked yaba in about 18 years. I'd smoke it at this price but I'm not as reckless as I used to be and it smells so distinctively strong. I'd be scared of the neighbours smelling it.

10 hours ago, Brian Nose said:

Low IQ transparent cop out.

I am not here to help along addicted people who stupidly dull their senses, and hence cannot see reality. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would not be surprised if those kid shooters, and kids with machetes were on some kind of pills.

Thai guy told me........boys take the pills and think they are invincible, get very aggressive.

maybe we will start to see more and more shootings and machete attacks.

fun times

• Like 1