Brit shows sympathy for victims of Mountain B tragedy

webfact

23 hours ago, howlee101 said:
On 8/6/2022 at 8:42 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is this a posed for photo ?

I do think that showing respect and mourning should be a private and personal thing and we don't need competitions to see who can mourn the most , I really hope that this wasn't a tik-tok live broadcast 

Excellent point re: private and personal (see my earlier post).  Maybe his friend, who previously posted, can confirm/deny he's a tiktok'er or YouTube vlogger.  I would bet a large Leo he's one or the other.

Seriously? The article itself says that when they quietly turned up, the squatting local media made it a notable event in an otherwise sad post-tragedy, slow news sort of day. I doubt that a serious "tiktok'er or YouTube vlogger" as you call them would do this as a way to leverage their need to be seen as an influencer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, userabcd said:

When the article clearly states he is British, how did Russian xenophobia enter the discussion then.

They have often been seen in these tighty whitey shorts, simply that. Brits are expected to be in Chang singlets, cargo pants, socks and sandals, and this rather tidy looking guy is spoiling peoples usual derogatory comments opportunities on Brits. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:33 AM, Gold Star said:

You bashers are all so jaded and wrong. 

He is a friend of mine, a very nice and considerate mate from the UK with his Thai son, and has been living in the Pattaya area for many years, always active in supporting the locals and the community. 

Thailand would be a far better place with more like him around.

The couple simply went to drop by and pay their respects, and offer condolences in such a horrific tragedy. It wasn't a formal funeral, or organized event, and by the looks of things, very few others could be arsed do do the same.

Instead, while you go on and on making fun of his shorts, take a moment and ask yourself, what kinds of considerate things have you done lately to make a positive contribution in our adopted land that we are fortunate enough to be guests in?

If you were to start a Go Fund Me for your friend to raise money for some trousers and a colored shirt I would donate a few quid.  Poor guy.

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If you were to start a Go Fund Me for your friend to raise money for some trousers and a colored shirt I would donate a few quid.  Poor guy.

He might have given them to a lad that lost his in the fire.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

While my friend was out jogging, his girlfriend bought flowers and picked him up along the way and they drove there to go pay their respects. There, they were caught in a media storm.

It was really no big deal, but was sure made out to be, especially here in the comment section.

How many of you go jogging in Thailand in a suit and leather shoes? How many of you even own pants? 

Perhaps it is time to let this big fuss over nothing die out and move on to the next fashion faux pas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gold Star said:

While my friend was out jogging, his girlfriend bought flowers and picked him up along the way and they drove there to go pay their respects. There, they were caught in a media storm.

It was really no big deal, but was sure made out to be, especially here in the comment section.

How many of you go jogging in Thailand in a suit and leather shoes? How many of you even own pants? 

Perhaps it is time to let this big fuss over nothing die out and move on to the next fashion faux pas.

Yep, there are some miserable old farts that can't resist a put down on here.......????

• Like 2