Brit shows sympathy for victims of Mountain B tragedy

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a British national and his Thai girlfriend arrived at the scene of the horrific Mountain B fire yesterday evening at 7pm.

The couple - unnamed - wanted to show their condolences for the 14 victims.

They put down a bunch of yellow and white chrysanthemums on a stool as cameras flashed and microphones were proffered.

The media said they had come from Pattaya. 

The Thai lady was dressed in black and the Brit in singlet and shorts as they both "wai-ed" in what the media said was a "sorrowful" scene. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

For as long as takes to exhaust the amount of your respect for the deceased.

My patience would wear out after about half a tank of fuel.

This place is not shown on google maps that comes up when I search.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na reported that a British national and his Thai girlfriend arrived at the scene of the horrific Mountain B fire yesterday evening at 7pm.

That´s BIG! Just sad, that he lacks the dress code knowledge. Must be something British.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
1 hour ago, Excel said:

Although it say he was a Brit, with those short shorts he could well have been Russian

Yes, agree. 

It's got to be a Russian wearing those shorts. 

You're both wrong. It's 7 pm and he's got his sunnies on top of his head. He's from Bermondsey.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Probably didn't pack a dark suit for his holiday, eh......????

PS. Did you make the effort to pay your respects.....?

As I said, something British. Everyone knows to take a suit on holiday. It even works with a white one here. ???? 

No, I didn´t. Felt a little bit too lazy to travel 500 km only for that.

30 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s BIG! Just sad, that he lacks the dress code knowledge. Must be something British.

Are you sure that his dress code is at all offensive to Thais under THIS circumstance? For a start, his girlfriend didn't tap him on the shoulder. Secondly, a respected Thai publication had no qualms about publishing this photo without reference to his dress code. The dress code thing is wise when dealing with authorities but I think that's as far as it goes.

• Like 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

Are you sure that his dress code is at all offensive to Thais under THIS circumstance? For a start, his girlfriend didn't tap him on the shoulder. Secondly, a respected Thai publication had no qualms about publishing this photo without reference to his dress code. The dress code thing is wise when dealing with authorities but I think that's as far as it goes.

LOL @ respected Thai publication !!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

You bashers are all so jaded and wrong. 

He is a friend of mine, a very nice and considerate mate from the UK with his Thai son, and has been living in the Pattaya area for many years, always active in supporting the locals and the community. 

Thailand would be a far better place with more like him around.

The couple simply went to drop by and pay their respects, and offer condolences in such a horrific tragedy. It wasn't a formal funeral, or organized event, and by the looks of things, very few others could be arsed do do the same.

Instead, while you go on and on making fun of his shorts, take a moment and ask yourself, what kinds of considerate things have you done lately to make a positive contribution in our adopted land that we are fortunate enough to be guests in?

I haven't committed a fashion crime.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is this a posed for photo ?

I do think that showing respect and mourning should be a private and personal thing and we don't need competitions to see who can mourn the most , I really hope that this wasn't a tik-tok live broadcast 

Well with the publicity that they seem to have courted at the photo shoot, that would not surprise me if it was on tik tok.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is this a posed for photo ?

I do think that showing respect and mourning should be a private and personal thing and we don't need competitions to see who can mourn the most , I really hope that this wasn't a tik-tok live broadcast 

Excellent point re: private and personal (see my earlier post).  Maybe his friend, who previously posted, can confirm/deny he's a tiktok'er or YouTube vlogger.  I would bet a large Leo he's one or the other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1