anyone know visa agent in bangkok that can do 6m to 1y visa

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you enter Thailand meaning visa exempt, tourist visa etc.

When does your current permission of stay end.

Are you 50+ years old. 

visa exempt entry, visa extensions for covid, ends mid sept, mid 20's

have a flight booked already for a trip home but thought I'd have a backup incase I end up wanting to stay. 

90k for 15months seems a bit high, I remember reading people getting 8month-1year for 40-50k

Edited by dj230

7 minutes ago, dj230 said:

have a flight booked already for a trip home but thought I'd have a backup incase I end up wanting to stay.

With borders open you can do 2 visa exempt per calendar year and obtain extension to each.

You could easily obtain tourist visa at place such as Vientiane.

In 2023 you could do another 2 visa exempt entries via land.

Thinking that will better option to an agent option given under 50. 

• Like 1

The agent is proposing a Non Immigrant visa (most likely either volunteer or education) giving 90 days, followed by a 12-month extension. There is no way to significantly reduce the cost of either of these by not using the full 15 months, though a bit of a reduction is possible in the case of an education visa/extension for an informal school.

90k seems quite high, but I am not up to date on the latest cost for these kinds of visas/extensions.

It is possible that some agents might be able to get you highly dubious medical extensions of 90 days at a time, but I would advise you to stay away from that.

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The agent is proposing a Non Immigrant visa (most likely either volunteer or education) giving 90 days, followed by a 12-month extension. There is no way to significantly reduce the cost of either of these by not using the full 15 months, though a bit of a reduction is possible in the case of an education visa/extension for an informal school.

90k seems quite high, but I am not up to date on the latest cost for these kinds of visas/extensions.

It is possible that some agents might be able to get you highly dubious medical extensions of 90 days at a time, but I would advise you to stay away from that.

Yes you're right it was the 90 day nonimmigrant visa followed by 12 month extension, was 30k for the 90 day and 60k for the 12 months. Any idea if these 90 day + 12 month visas have the same issues with "volunteer" visas being under the table or giving people issues in the future?

I don't know if I'd stay another 15 months though so might not be worth it to go that route, I think elite visas are almost that expensive too so was curious if anyone had a different extension, I think I recall someone getting an 8 month or 12 month education visa. 

Actually when I went to a hospital (won't mention the name just incase it's something they don't want public) the doctor asked me how long I am staying in Thailand and said they can extend my visa for medical treatment, said lots of people do it and it would be no problem, maybe I'll pay him a visit if I decide to stay a bit longer.

I think I recall someone telling me though if I did that then it would be my "last" extension for the trip as you can't get extended after medical visas' that.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

Yes you're right it was the 90 day nonimmigrant visa followed by 12 month extension, was 30k for the 90 day and 60k for the 12 months. Any idea if these 90 day + 12 month visas have the same issues with "volunteer" visas being under the table or giving people issues in the future?

I don't know if I'd stay another 15 months though so might not be worth it to go that route, I think elite visas are almost that expensive too so was curious if anyone had a different extension, I think I recall someone getting an 8 month or 12 month education visa. 

Actually when I went to a hospital (won't mention the name just incase it's something they don't want public) the doctor asked me how long I am staying in Thailand and said they can extend my visa for medical treatment, said lots of people do it and it would be no problem, maybe I'll pay him a visit if I decide to stay a bit longer.

I think I recall someone telling me though if I did that then it would be my "last" extension for the trip as you can't get extended after medical visas' that.

I would not recommend the volunteer visa. It will give you many problems. The ed visa can be problematic also unless u actually study or can prove it. Maybe a covid extension or border run is more suitable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dbszin said:

I would not recommend the volunteer visa. It will give you many problems. The ed visa can be problematic also unless u actually study or can prove it. Maybe a covid extension or border run is more suitable.

How do border runs usually go in terms of being allowed entry with a visa exempt? Does immigration tend to be hit or miss?

Right now I am most likely going to go back to Canada for a few months, I'm thinking maybe 3 months would be enough for me to do everything I need, finances/business/medical/seeing friends/family. I wonder if I'll have any issues coming back with a visa exempt since I stayed in Thailand for about 12 months with covid extensions?

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

How do border runs usually go in terms of being allowed entry with a visa exempt? Does immigration tend to be hit or miss?

Border bounces by land for visa exempt entries are very safe at most crossings, but are limited to two per calendar year. Although visa exempt entries by air are potentially unlimited, they are risky in practice. When you enter by air, requesting a visa exempt entry, Immigration at the airport is supposed to scrutinise you to determine if you are using the visa exemption for "regular tourism". This is open to interpretation and, if you have recently already been in Thailand for a long time as a tourist, could result in a denied entry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

Right now I am most likely going to go back to Canada for a few months, I'm thinking maybe 3 months would be enough for me to do everything I need, finances/business/medical/seeing friends/family. I wonder if I'll have any issues coming back with a visa exempt since I stayed in Thailand for about 12 months with covid extensions?

Under those conditions, you would be very unlucky to be denied entry, but it is conceivable if you hit the wrong immigration officer. Coming with a single entry tourist visa would reduce your risk. Historically, with a visa, you would be completely safe if using certain airports, such as Chiang Mai.

• Like 1