What's a good passive income source?

11 hours ago, howlee101 said:

Valid advice by the members but I've been contacted by a Nigerian prince who promised to transfer $50 million to my account anytime now.  I'll be on easy street soon.  And it only cost me a $199 gift card ????

Thanks for the gift card

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sharp said:

Buying a fair bit of Bitcoin 10 years ago as been a rocky but worthwhile passive income. 

So will the next 10 years although few understand this unfortunately. 

But this was a gamble at the time, so in fairness, hardly planning.  Please it has worked out for you - this is somewhat different to owning a property (not exactly passive income), but there will always be somethings there bringing in an income.

I've gone for the property back home option.  I dabbled with shares, but unless you are an active and skilled (or very lucky) trader - which is not 'passive' income anyway, you'd need huge investments to generate a decent living income.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharksy said:

But this was a gamble at the time, so in fairness, hardly planning.  Please it has worked out for you - this is somewhat different to owning a property (not exactly passive income), but there will always be somethings there bringing in an income.

Understand your comment but sitting and drawing down some gains when needed regardless of the price is what I call passive I will say this (My opinion) If Bitcoin is 20k now how will 100k feel in 2 years. Yes there are naysayers but the large adoption of the years including mastercard, visa to name a few means its here to stay and remember as little as $5 can get you into the tech.I have far bigger headaches with the properties and tenants I acquired than Bitcoin. Anyhow good luck and for what  it's worth give it 12 months and let the property market crash then look to purchase it will be a bloodbath soon enough with interest rates up and property prices down. (negative equity will bite hard) 

We are only seeing the tip of the iceburge at present. 

Cheers. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, London Boy said:

I was able to move here at a relativley young age (43) just by having rental income from property I owned in London. It also gives me just enough to do without being bored, but not the hassles of a fulltime job.. Plus you have the added bnus of capital growth. However, a word of warning, We've had the benefits of very low interest rates since 2009, but I think those good times are rapidly coming to an end

The uk government are busy working on a different ways to destroy that income

• Like 1