Can I get a certificate of residency at CW

I have been trying to download a TM 18 form from immigration forms download site but the form is not available.

I have copies of house masters blue book and ID as well as receipt for previously submitted TM 30.

My name is not in the blue book is this a problem or not? 

NOr do I have a lease for accommodation at friends house

Edited by norbra

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have you been doing 90 day reports at CW? 

If yes then you can obtain a residence certificate at CW

Yes I have done 90 day at CW.

So now to start the process, do I need to make an appointment to submit the application? 

You will need to complete the application, have copies of your passport and your 90 day report along with your passport in hand.  No photos are needed at CW.  Walk in and go to the Que desk on the far right and the folks behind the window will review your documents and if all are OK they will give you a Que number and send you to the B windows. The I/O will review the paperwork, check the computer, and then have you pay 200 Baht for 1 certificate of residency which will be mailed to you at your residence, mine took 8 days to arrive but that was because of the Kings Birthday holiday weekend, so in essence would have been just 4 or 5 days.  They tell you 2 weeks.  I did a report on my trip. I did also have a copy of my TM-30 and she, the I/O did take it as well.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, norbra said:

Yes I have done 90 day at CW.

So now to start the process, do I need to make an appointment to submit the application? 

You do not require an appointment.

Above post from @ThailandRyan has you covered.

When I obtained a residence certificate they were not interested in my lease.

They did require the 90 day report copy. 

Have the standard copies of passport ..photo page, latest entry stamp etc.

They may not require those.

If you are obtaining a car and bike license just tick car. If you tick both they will provide 2 certificates. 400baht. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You do not require an appointment.

Above post from @ThailandRyan has you covered.

When I obtained a residence certificate they were not interested in my lease.

They did require the 90 day report copy. 

Have the standard copies of passport ..photo page, latest entry stamp etc.

They may not require those.

If you are obtaining a car and bike license just tick car. If you tick both they will provide 2 certificates. 400baht. 

Another Thai joke right?? I need it for international banking as per new BOT anti money laundering requirements 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, norbra said:

Another Thai joke right?? I need it for international banking as per new BOT anti money laundering requirements 

No not a joke. 

You did not state what the residence certificate is for.

You have been given the correct advice on how to obtain residence certificate from CW.

The info I posted about car and bike licences may be of use to others.

BTW ..on the form there are specific boxes to tick.

Just tick car license.

• Thanks 1

I got one for bank account took me 2/3 day at immigation.  No, they were not busy. Just lots of passing me arround after each dept gave stamp of approval.  That day, I paid a girl 300 to fill paperwork for me.  another 80 for pics and copies.  Then whatever to immigration itself.  So, like 580?  You could fill the forms yourself , but that just leads to errors and anger usually from officers lol.

But... Beyond frustrating having to wait 2 hours a time between departments and spending all day there

Today hired agent to get me another cert for car and bike license. gave passport and tm30.  They picked it up from my door and delivered it back for 900 baht total.

Complete bargain of a service.

**however, not paying an agent 5000-6000 baht to do my driver licenses, as I feel they are taking advantage of ignorance since I'd still have to go twice and wait all the same amount of time at the DLT.  there is no time savings except they build in getting the residency cert into it and medical cert (which if go to clinic is only 100 baht and 5 minutes though).

Like anything. do a little homework and decide what is right for you and your situation.

• Confused 1

On 8/9/2022 at 2:11 PM, Dart12 said:

I got one for bank account took me 2/3 day at immigation.  No, they were not busy. Just lots of passing me arround after each dept gave stamp of approval.  That day, I paid a girl 300 to fill paperwork for me.  another 80 for pics and copies.  Then whatever to immigration itself.  So, like 580?  You could fill the forms yourself , but that just leads to errors and anger usually from officers lol.

But... Beyond frustrating having to wait 2 hours a time between departments and spending all day there

Today hired agent to get me another cert for car and bike license. gave passport and tm30.  They picked it up from my door and delivered it back for 900 baht total.

**however, not paying an agent 5000-6000 baht to do my driver licenses, as I feel they are taking advantage of ignorance since I'd still have to go twice and wait all the same amount of time at the DLT.  there is no time savings except they build in getting the residency cert into it and medical cert (which if go to clinic is only 100 baht and 5 minutes though).

Like anything. do a little homework and decide what is right for you and your situation.

@Dart12  I need to get one each for Bank and Driving licence, How did you find an agent? Did immigration recommend one or? Whereabouts are you?

Andrew

On 8/9/2022 at 2:11 PM, Dart12 said:

Must not be in Bangkok, as CW is the place to go and you can not get it the same day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

@Dart12  I need to get one each for Bank and Driving licence, How did you find an agent? Did immigration recommend one or? Whereabouts are you?

Andrew

I just asked my preferred local agent I found 2 years ago. 

She charged me 900 to get driver license one. Not sure if she would have charged more to get a bank one at same time?  probably would though but like 500 baht extra I bet.

i'm in Pratamnuk.  Pattaya area.

You could probably start a thread with that question or ask in FB group of your area for recommendations.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 8/9/2022 at 7:31 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You will need to complete the application, have copies of your passport and your 90 day report along with your passport in hand.  No photos are needed at CW.  Walk in and go to the Que desk on the far right and the folks behind the window will review your documents and if all are OK they will give you a Que number and send you to the B windows. The I/O will review the paperwork, check the computer, and then have you pay 200 Baht for 1 certificate of residency which will be mailed to you at your residence, mine took 8 days to arrive but that was because of the Kings Birthday holiday weekend, so in essence would have been just 4 or 5 days.  They tell you 2 weeks.  I did a report on my trip. I did also have a copy of my TM-30 and she, the I/O did take it as well.

No need to show proof of where you live?

I had to show a utility bill addressed to me at CW way back in 2012 or something, maybe before.

16 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I had to show a utility bill addressed to me at CW way back in 2012 or

The requirements to obtain a certificate of residence at  CW has been explained in the thread.

A utility bill will not cut it in 2023

Just now, DrJack54 said:

The requirements to obtain a certificate of residence at  CW has been explained in the thread.

A utility bill will not cut it in 2023

Yeah, I looked through the thread.

Didn't see anyone saying that you needed any specific documents other than your passport copies, including recent 90 day report .

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Yeah, I looked through the thread.

Didn't see anyone saying that you needed any specific documents other than your passport copies, including recent 90 day report .

My immigration profile lists only my postal address but IO at CW wanted exact details starting at moo,etc.etc.etc.etc and TM47 , passport 

I wanted the CoR for banking, IO said must go somewhere else not here,only for car and mcycle here,so I changed my reason to car purchase ,no problem. Bank accepted the CoR

Edited by norbra

2 hours ago, norbra said:

My immigration profile lists only my postal address but IO at CW wanted exact details starting at moo,etc.etc.etc.etc and TM47 , passport 

I wanted the CoR for banking, IO said must go somewhere else not here,only for car and mcycle here,so I changed my reason to car purchase ,no problem. Bank accepted the CoR

I suppose they only offer it written in Thai language?

37 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

So, just to confirm: you only need the filled out form and copies of your passport?

Nothing else? Nothing with your address on it?

You need passport and your current 90 day report.lf your previously provided TM30 does not show your precise address in full on their system they will ask for details that you may have not provided. Address details required are on the application form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norbra said:

You need passport and your current 90 day report.lf your previously provided TM30 does not show your precise address in full on their system they will ask for details that you may have not provided. Address details required are on the application form.

You require passport.

Basic copies of pp pages and TM47 receipt.

Nothing to do with TM30.

Did this at CW two weeks ago.

Tip: if your 90 day report window is open use appointment system for the 90 report and the io will process your certificate of residence at same time. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You require passport.

Basic copies of pp pages and TM47 receipt.

Nothing to do with TM30.

Did this at CW two weeks ago.

Tip: if your 90 day report window is open use appointment system for the 90 report and the io will process your certificate of residence at same time. 

If the address entered on CoR application does not agree with his TM 30 address that is in the system then he will surely need to do another TM30 or correct his error/ omission on the application

14 minutes ago, norbra said:

If the address entered on CoR application does not agree with his TM 30 address that is in the system then he will surely need to do another TM30 or correct his error/ omission on the application

No.

If TM47 is provided then that is all that is necessary. 

TM30 irrelevant. 

Without a 90 day report you cannot obtain certificate of residence from CW 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

If TM47 is provided then that is all that is necessary. 

TM30 irrelevant. 

Without a 90 day report you cannot obtain certificate of residence from CW 

If he doesn't provide the same address on his application to that in the system then he has problems But you can't digest this.

9 minutes ago, norbra said:

If he doesn't provide the same address on his application to that in the system then he has problems But you can't digest this.

Is this a joke.

It's your thread and you have asked a question few times in the thread and now you are expert.

Regarding TM30 ...I have been ongoing in Thailand 10 years.

Have never done a TM30.

Ever for any dealing with CW.

I applied for certificate of residence two weeks ago.

She want my most recent TM47 (which I did at same time) and 3 basic photocopies of pp pages. 

When did you last apply for certificate of residence at CW.

Me 3 times. 

Edited by DrJack54

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is this a joke.

It's your thread and you have asked a question few times in the thread and now you are expert.

Regarding TM30 ...I have been ongoing in Thailand 10 years.

Have never done a TM30.

Ever for any dealing with CW.

I applied for certificate of residence two weeks ago.

She want my most recent TM47 (which I did at same time) and 3 basic photocopies of pp pages. 

When did you last apply for certificate of residence at CW.

Me 3 times. 

And no application?????

Now who's joking?????