Jump to content

Thai murder reenactment video: Mum of victim tries to kick murderess in the head as she apologizes for killing son


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

 

Thai Rath published a video of the reenactment of a murder that took place early Monday morning outside a plastic store at the See Mum Muang market in Lamlukka, Pathum Thani north of the Thai capital Bangkok. 

 

Sanook published still shots of what had unfolded when Tharinya Kiatniru, 40, arrived at the Jae Nee store and shot Supornchai, 40, four times just after he had finished giving alms to monks. 

 

The video showed the murderess in red and black with a toy gun. The mother of the victim asks officers if she can point at her but she is kept back. 

 

The victim - played by a man in a mask - fell to the ground after being shot twice by a 9mm gun that Tharinya had bought on the internet.

 

1537135-(2).jpg

Picture: Sanook

 

She then pumped two more bullets into him to finish him off.

 

Then she pointed the gun at her own head before lowering it and talking to the dead man. 

 

At this point a staffer at the store grabbed the gun and she was tied up to a metal post before police arrived. (These details appeared not to be part of the reenactment).

 

Following the reenactment of the crime Tharinya went on the ground to "graap" to show her remorse and apology to the mother of Supornchai.

 

She was further restrained and told to calm down after aiming a kick at the head of the woman who killed her son. 

 

Tharinya was then taken away to the Khu Khot police station. Station chief Pol Col Manatwet Thong-im said she had been charged with premiditated murder and weapons' offences and would appear in Thanyaburi court today. 

 

Tharinya apologised to the family and said she wanted to die too.

 

She said that she was beaten regularly by Supornchai in a stormy 4 year relationship that yielded no children. She had worked as a cashier at the plastics store.

 

He told her to get out but their arguments continued over the phone in which he dared her to come and shoot him. 

 

ASEAN NOW notes that a former police chief tried to end these reenactments some years ago but they persist to this day.

 

Many descend into chaos as people try to attack and even lynch those featured in them. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-10

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

 

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
 
1537137-(1).jpg
Picture: Sanook
S__252329986-(1).jpg
Picture: Sanook
1537139-(1).jpg
Picture: Sanook
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alcat said:

Shooting someone only solves one problem but creates a hell of a lot more for many people. But that seems to be the Thai way to solve it.

Not just Thailand take a look at the rest of the world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ronster said:

Thought masks were no longer required ? 

Mask wearing is not mandatory but the higher echelons made a public statement encouraging the voluntary wearing now the TV companies have had to join in to be seen to setting an example so, back to square one. Someone has huge stocks they want to liquidate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Perhaps everytime they talk about laying off the blurrer guy he calls the blur guy union and threatens them.

Blurring very important.

Yes, blurring seems to be on the increase on TV, especially in movies. I recently saw a woman with a good figure, fully dressed, with her breast area blurred out.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Alcat said:

Shooting someone only solves one problem but creates a hell of a lot more for many people. But that seems to be the Thai way to solve it.

Yes, you are right. Nobody in any other country in the world has ever shot someone else, never ever heard of it. This is indeed a unique Thai way to solve issues. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

Talk about stating the obvious, you must have a degree in it. Because this is a forum in Thailand about Thailand, maybe that's why the poster only referred to Thailand.

The poster said "This must be a Thai way of solving problems". Can you explain what that means? For me it sounds like it is unique to Thailand, not common anywhere else!

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, webfact said:

ASEAN NOW notes that a former police chief tried to end these reenactments some years ago but they persist to this day.

Nothing announces  "we're a tin-pot nation with an inadequate legal system" quite like these reenactments do ! :whistling:

 

 

 

Edited by richard_smith237
Link to post
Share on other sites

one should consider the other side of the story where Thai girls/wives find themselves in abusive relationships - maybe the male half turned to drink/drugs or had unknown abusive traits before the marriage / relationship and it is usually the female who comes off worst - jealousy or otherwise .  There does not seem to be a happy medium in Thai relationships where the parties can sit down and discuss their grievances and either come to an amicable solution or seek help .  Here,  it appears everything is either fine and loving at one end or the other extreme end where the male half (usually) loses it and becomes violent - out comes the gun or machete ! 

I can hardly blame the female in these cases where she was stuck in a stormy relationship and beaten regularly . At least she knows he can't now inflict any more pain or come after her at a later date if she had tried leaving him .

I hope any Judge is sympathetic to her plight .   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

 

I can hardly blame the female in these cases where she was stuck in a stormy relationship and beaten regularly . At least she knows he can't now inflict any more pain or come after her at a later date if she had tried leaving him .

I hope any Judge is sympathetic to her plight .   

The deceased Man had asked the Woman to leave his house , he made her leave his house , she came back and murdered him .

   She had no reason to ever visit or see him again, but she went back and killed him .

  She is a murderer . 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The deceased Man had asked the Woman to leave his house , he made her leave his house , she came back and murdered him .

   She had no reason to ever visit or see him again, but she went back and killed him .

  She is a murderer . 

Seems like she worked at the store where he also worked ? as proprietor ?  don't know.   So he kicked her out on the street after beating her and abusing her for 4 years !   Wouldn't you be angry ??   You stated he had asked "the woman" to leave his house ! She wasn't just a woman but his partner of 4 or more years !   She got her revenge and carried out the "dare" , much to his disadvantage .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jen65 said:

Seems like she worked at the store where he also worked ? as proprietor ?  don't know.   So he kicked her out on the street after beating her and abusing her for 4 years !   Wouldn't you be angry ??   You stated he had asked "the woman" to leave his house ! She wasn't just a woman but his partner of 4 or more years !   She got her revenge and carried out the "dare" , much to his disadvantage .

Those are just her allegations that he was violent towards her .

May or may not be true . 

  Being angry because your partner asked you to leave their property , doesn't give you the right to murder them .

  You can not  kill people just because they finish the relationship with you .

  She is a murderer and deserves a life sentence in jail for taking another persons life 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Those are just her allegations that he was violent towards her .

May or may not be true . 

  Being angry because your partner asked you to leave their property , doesn't give you the right to murder them .

  You can not  kill people just because they finish the relationship with you .

  She is a murderer and deserves a life sentence in jail for taking another persons life 

Well, that's your point of view and I think she deserves a fair trial where no doubt the full facts and history of the case will be disclosed and for the Judge to decide on the appropriate sentence , not us .   

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Well, that's your point of view and I think she deserves a fair trial where no doubt the full facts and history of the case will be disclosed and for the Judge to decide on the appropriate sentence , not us .   

I do also think that she deserves a fair trail .

  From the given evidence , she murdered a person without reason . 

Revenge for being told to leave a property or revenge for your partner finishing the relationship or revenge because he hit you , isn't a legal reason to kill someone 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...