Royal Thai Navy considering accepting Chinese-made engines for its submarine purchases

snoop1130

Thais really have better things to worry about so this is unlikely to cause a fuss. What’s the point of submarines with no engines? Get some cheap and at least look glorious before the fuel price rises to the level that they can’t refill them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Royal Thai Navy (RTN) is considering accepting Chinese-made engines for the S26T Yuan-class submarine to replace the German-made MTU396 diesel engine

I am sure that there is also consideration by someone in the RTN about an appropriate rebate coming to an account soon...

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Alcat said:

But they will be more than 10 years old by the time they get them ! 

Why?  The first steel was cut on  4 September 2018 at Wuhan, China!

Even if they do not commission until 2228 they would still not be "second hand" just a long time getting built! (for a conventional SSK that is but not tor an SSN or SSBN!)

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 2

As they maybe are reverse engineered MTU engines or duplicated German engines I would not be happy.

Besides, it is getting a bit long in the teeth this buy, so the design is oldfashioned.

Edited by hansnl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The Chinese will probably supply the Engines for the Subs free of charge.

However there will be a huge sum to pay for the wind up Keys.

I think the plan is to install remote control chips from the PLA. Also to save more money the subs will be crewed by the PLA for the first 10 years while Thai training takes place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, smedly said:

buy the useless subs - cream off the budget while the people starve 

Time the Thai people reaslise that these budgets come from them in taxes - IT IS THEIR MONEY that these people are enriching themselves off 

we have seen it laid bare in Russia ...........................it is exactly what goes on here - government budgets finding ways into pockets - billions and billions and billions of the Thai peoples money just disappearing, count up all the emerncy budgets over these last 2 years - where did that money go ????????

I think everyone knows on here exactly where it went 

Well then you are very happy to hear, they also buy F35's which can not shoot.

They are looking for people to sit on the wings and shoot.