Suzuki Swift or Celerio?

YITB1980

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

You can't get any  cheaper than ฿328k (MT) / ฿408k (AT)

Not a bad thing ... just reality

2022 looks good, though don't think I'd enjoy long hwy drives in it, and would think way too noisy, along the lines of, of worse, than the Vios & Mazda2.

My daughter in-law has a

Mazda 2 she is a fast driver, I have driven it and was very impressed with such a small. car on roads that were bad. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My daughter in-law has a

Mazda 2 she is a fast driver, I have driven it and was very impressed with such a small. car on roads that were bad. 

Quite enjoyed ours, and used for 7 ish years and certainly felt it was good & safe enough to pass on to our daughter, w/135k kms, I think.

They are fine cars, although just a wee bit more baht, and one can upgrade to something a bit more comfy. IF, buying top end model of the Mazda2, Swift.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Depends if buying to 'look pretty cool', or for the specs of the car/performance, never buying petrol again, or all that silly maintenance ... and ... saving the planet, if you believe in MMGW

Personally I'd simply spend ฿142k more

Swift GLX CVT  ... ฿629k before pimped out

Swift GLX CVT 1197 cc engine offers 82 PS of power and 108 Nm of torque.

MG EP Plus ... ฿771k

MG EP Plus ... 165 PS  Torque230 Nm

With the money saved for all the petrol & maintenance of the Swift or Celerio, you can buy a new cheap Celerio, before the warranty of the EP expires.  Buy 1 Get 1 ????

Better yet, don't buy the cheap Celerio with the saving, and instead have solar installed at the house, and you never need to pay PEA ever again.  No petrol bill or electric bill.

That will put a few extra ฿฿฿฿ in the ol' pocket.  But what do I know, I'm just an MG/EV troll.

UP2U ... your money, though I always preferred to retire early, instead of working till I drop dead.

Yeah, I went for the MUX 3.0L diesel myself. I purposely stayed away from anything hybrid. Feels good to treat myself.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah, I went for the MUX 3.0L diesel myself. I purposely stayed away from anything hybrid. Feels good to treat myself.

That's a whole new ballgame & price bracket. 2,3 & 4X the price of the Swifts & Celerio.  Even 2X the price of our ZS.

Our MG ZS was a big comfy upgrade from the Vios & Mazda2, though still in the thrifty price bracket.  2X+ the entry Celerio price, but just a tad more than top end Swift price.

Had a GRAB driver in Krung Thep, and surprisingly showed up in a Fortuner, which is impressive, and a big upgrade over the MG ZS's ride.  Also 2-3X the price.

Spending 700k+ for machine to go from point A to B was still a stretch for me.  Not really a car person, but glad we did, and yea, we deserve it ????

If the EV wasn't an investment on saving money, with quick ROI, I'd be damn if we'd be spending just shy of what the house cost for a 4 wheeled machine ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:33 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Me I'd go for top Swift model, they look pretty cool pimped out.

I don't do pimp. If the mod doesn't improve performance I don't do it. More a Q-car kind of guy. 

If I want someone to admire my ride it needs to be someone who knows what they are looking at.

19 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't do pimp. If the mod doesn't improve performance I don't do it. More a Q-car kind of guy. 

If I want someone to admire my ride it needs to be someone who knows what they are looking at.

You know I never bought a new car or truck till I came to Thailand. In the US I never had a car payment but a few of my old cars were special to me. Driving a car that put a smile on your face after a wash and shine is a nice feeling, never paid more than $7000. for a car. Anyway so here I treat myself. 

Sadly the 1600 version of the Swift never made it to Thailand. Not a real eyeopener of a car but far better than the vanilla version we are offered here. 

Would not stand out in a crowd but those that knew might appreciate it. ????

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/suzuki/swift-sport/16-sport-3dr/road-test-0

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You know I never bought a new car or truck till I came to Thailand. In the US I never had a car payment but a few of my old cars were special to me. Driving a car that put a smile on your face after a wash and shine is a nice feeling, never paid more than $7000. for a car. Anyway so here I treat myself. 

Agree. But in my case I always did it. Might have had to scrap by on food (that is what GF's are for !) - but always had $$$ for my rides.

Never drove anything I did not like, or modify.

Some people buy with their wallets, I buy with my heart and soul.

Can any EV sound like this ? ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Sadly the 1600 version of the Swift never made it to Thailand. Not a real eyeopener of a car but far better than the vanilla version we are offered here. 

Would not stand out in a crowd but those that knew might appreciate it. ????

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/suzuki/swift-sport/16-sport-3dr/road-test-0

Probably old news, but I read somewhere that the Swift is to have a 1 litre 3 pot Turbo engine, and for the MG guy, the ZS is to have a 1 ltr 3 pot Turbo too...????

29 minutes ago, seedy said:

Agree. But in my case I always did it. Might have had to scrap by on food (that is what GF's are for !) - but always had $$$ for my rides.

Never drove anything I did not like, or modify.

Some people buy with their wallets, I buy with my heart and soul.

Can any EV sound like this ? ...

Don't want to sound like that.  

If buying with their wallet means practical ... that's me.

Can afford most any car, just prefer not to.

I could have bought a top end Fortuner for 1.8 mill

Instead, bought a new custom house for 1.1 mill & 700k MG ZS

Cars don't do anything for me, but having 'MY' house does.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Probably old news, but I read somewhere that the Swift is to have a 1 litre 3 pot Turbo engine, and for the MG guy, the ZS is to have a 1 ltr 3 pot Turbo too...????

Don't need a turbo to go from A to B, at 90-120 kph.

If it's your thing ... ENJOY

Don't think I'll ever use or need more than:

Torque 350 Nm 

Power (PS)148

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Don't want to sound like that.  

If buying with their wallet means practical ... that's me.

Can afford most any car, just prefer not to.

I could have bought a top end Fortuner for 1.8 mill

Instead, bought a new custom house for 1.1 mill & 700k MG ZS

Cars don't do anything for me, but having 'MY' house does.

A house for 1,100,000 baht, did you mean a garage for the MG....????

6 minutes ago, transam said:

A house for 1,100,000 baht, did you mean a garage for the MG....????

Nope, 120m² custom design.  Got to know how to negotiate. 

Perimeter wall & Solar was extra

220805134709_00DN.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:12 PM, silverhawk_usa said:

Something to consider..........Sandwiched after being struck from behind, by a truck, in stopped traffic.  The airbags, crush zones, and seat belts functioned perfectly. No interior damage. This one was replaced by an identical model and now, six years on, we have ordered another one.  Its my wife's car and she didn't want anything else, even though price was not an object. The new Swift has front and side airbags.  There is currently more than a two month wait if the dealer doesn't have in stock exactly what you want. The wife says she will wait. 

CameraZOOM-20161107165830449.jpg

20161107_165109.jpg

20161107_165611.jpg

i would have thought the celerio would as a cheap car not be a safe car, but your photo's have shown it is well built, so i'm impressed, at 416,000thb for a cvt auto car its cheap, does anyone know when the new model will arrive in Thailand, also if the Jatco cvt is a 7 speed is it the same one used in the latest mg zs, or is it an aisin 7 speed cvt

Edited by steve187
sorry about the bold type

On 8/19/2022 at 7:18 AM, steve187 said:

i would have thought the celerio would as a cheap car not be a safe car, but your photo's have shown it is well built, so i'm impressed, at 416,000thb for a cvt auto car its cheap, does anyone know when the new model will arrive in Thailand, also if the Jatco cvt is a 7 speed is it the same one used in the latest mg zs, or is it an aisin 7 speed cvt

Its a Swift in my post. I don't know if the Celerio would fare as well.