Consumer confidence continues to pick up

webfact

image.jpeg

By Erich Parpart

Thailand’s consumer confidence index increased for two months in a row, thanks to the reopening of the country of the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions.

The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) said on Thursday the consumer confidence index (CCI) increased from 41.6 in June to 42.4 in July.

The index was 40.2 in May, compared to 40.7 in April, 42 in March, 43.3 in February and 44.8 in January.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/42716/consumer-confidence-continues-to-pick-up/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-08-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

I don't believe their figures.   People up here in The North are struggling with ever increasing bills for Gas, Electricity and the price of Pork and Chicken has stopped thousands eating anything but very small portions of Meat.

On our weekly visits to Supermarkets there are times when they are like Ghost Towns; particularly after the halfway point in the month.   The cost of almost all Consumer Goods is up whilst Wages remain static.

Rigging Economic Fugures is easy in The Land of Lies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

I don't believe their figures.   People up here in The North are struggling with ever increasing bills for Gas, Electricity and the price of Pork and Chicken has stopped thousands eating anything but very small portions of Meat.

On our weekly visits to Supermarkets there are times when they are like Ghost Towns; particularly after the halfway point in the month.   The cost of almost all Consumer Goods is up whilst Wages remain static.

Rigging Economic Fugures is easy in The Land of Lies.

But miraculously, there always seems to enough Money available to spend on Booze and Cigarettes.

I suppose its about priorities. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, trainman34014 said:

More and more beggars, and people just 'hanging around' with no jobs, more and more people moving from Bangkok back upcountry, yes, I totally believe such a report. They probably did the survey among the 100 richest families...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1