Cant decide if I should get another covid booster. What about you?

jack71

1 hour ago, transam said:

We have all had 3 jabs, so far no Covid, but wait.....................

As everything seemed to be Covid settling down, our lad, wife, his wife's sister, husband and one baby got on a plane to Pattaya for a few days....

They have all now got covid, including the baby......????

Hi Trans.

I'm unsure if you are suggesting that it was the plane, Pattaya or just bad luck that they went down with Covid?

We have been told that a truckload of jabs will hopefully ease the situation but not prevent it.

Here's to a quick recovery for all.????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:

that's impossible !   Biden,  Fauci,  Walensky (head of CDC ) all said if you take the shot you will NOT get Covid or pass it to others .

Yeh but, there are some folk I/we don't listen too...????

20 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Hi Trans.

I'm unsure if you are suggesting that it was the plane, Pattaya or just bad luck that they went down with Covid?

We have been told that a truckload of jabs will hopefully ease the situation but not prevent it.

Here's to a quick recovery for all.????????

Seems the Pattaya trip, they did say they went to "attractions" that were packed with people, but, airport x 2, their digs, who knows, but as yet, nobody else in the family has it, just these 5 all at once.... 

1 hour ago, connda said:

Why is it that everyone I know who have had the shots have also had Covid.
In my personal circle of friends, family, and acquaintance - every fully vaxxed person has contracted Covid.

Isn't the vaccine intended to lessen the effects of a Covid infection, not to stop you getting it. 

Masks were enforced to stop someone passing the virus on to someone else.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Seems the Pattaya trip, they did say they went to "attractions" that were packed with people, but, airport x 2, their digs, who knows, but as yet, nobody else in the family has it, just these 5 all at once.... 

"Attractions". Righto.

Nudge nudge wink wink. (cue music from Twilight Zone)????????

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I got  my 4th last week..Pfizer

The first two were astra zeneca, the next two  Pfizer and the next two  will be Moderna  by which time, 9 months hopefully  there will be a broad-based,  universal covid  vaccine. The service  here in Pattaya  is excellent and well organised

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes..

It lessens the chance of death or hospitalisation hopefully reducing the severity of the symptoms. The annual  UK flu vaccine  is only 50% effective as medical  authorities  have to predict which  variant will be circulating. But the prevalence of colds and flu have diminished due to mask use.

Worryingly in the UK the dreaded polio is making  a come back because of anti vaccine  ignorance and superstition in certain 'diversity communities ' ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I've recently had a 5th jab, all from the Thai govt free of charge, started with the two Sinovacs which was all there was at first.

Main reason is its a condition of employment required for occasional work in my field which is overseas and requires an up to date vaccine record to be considered. I need to feed the wife and kids, 'nuff said. I couldn't give a hoot about the anti and pro vax agenda driven narratives.

Fair call.

I really do wonder how many had the jabs purely from a employment, travel or business need.

A lot of people "had a gun put to their head".

Aa you correctly say........gotta put food on the table.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Fair call.

I really do wonder how many had the jabs purely from a employment, travel or business need.

A lot of people "had a gun put to their head".

Aa you correctly say........gotta put food on the table.

Nah..A few people because of their  jobs were lucky enough to be prioritised and get  vaccines before  other people. I wish  I could get  the flu  or pneumonia vaccine free and fast.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nah..A few people because of their  jobs were lucky enough to be prioritised and get  vaccines before  other people. I wish  I could get  the flu  or pneumonia vaccine free and fast.

I have both from:

Fast = go to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (Jomtien Branch, the small one)

Free = nope, but it is not expensive at all, depends how much it is worth for you

2 hours ago, connda said:

In my personal circle of friends, family, and acquaintance - every fully vaxxed person has contracted Covid.

I just find that statement unbelievable!

I assume you must be a hermit then and had the shots, contacted Covid, and then went back to your cave.

It is either that or you are all living in a very close community!

Any figures and location etc to back that up?

Edited by DezLez

2 hours ago, connda said:

That may be true for your friends and family, but as a generalization this is simply nonsense. MY whole family plus relatives and friends are living examples of this. All vaccinated and no one ever had Covid.

But I also know one person who was not vaccinated and died of Covid.

3 hours ago, connda said:

same here.   And.... in my personal circle of 12 people that have not got the shot..... None have gotten covid.           

as for how many vaxxed are having serious side effects,  oh well ....... I do believe even mainstreet sites are starting to talk about that.  maybe if y'all searched a bit you might find people like that guy on youtube that you used to trust giving out some news on the subject.

don't get me wrong.   its your decision individually.     and mine

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rumak said:

that's impossible !   Biden,  Fauci,  Walensky (head of CDC ) all said if you take the shot you will NOT get Covid or pass it to others .

They have acknowledged that was a mistake, and what they should have said was  vaccination will keep you out of an ICU, and also minimize the chances of long COVID.

All the data coming in from every country in the world confirms that.

Personally, I had COVID after two jabs. 3 days of runny nose and sore throat, back in my normal exercise routine after 5 days. My unvaccinated GF had COVID for 10-12 days, with extra symptoms of loss of taste and smell, and headaches. A friend of mine in Chiang Rai, unvaccinated, had fatigue for several months after infection, typical of long COVID.

The science and data is saying COVID vaccination works. As it has with a slew of other diseases.  If people who choose not to be vaccinated want to play dice with COVID, their choice, but don't come asking me for crowdfunding as you are heading into an ICU, or a prolonged rehabilitation program.

I had my Pfizer booster in February. My strategy is to treat COVID vaccination as an annual event, just like flu, and continue with diet and exercise to keep my immune system strong.

5 hours ago, rumak said:

The biggest shame of all was how those who did not want to be FORCED to take this gene therapy stuff were lambasted and treated like loonies by the others. 

When you call it ‘gene therapy stuff’  your comments lose any credibility...

Its the same for those who use words such as plandemic, sheeple, those who spout on about mainstream media...  etc... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, connda said:

Both girlfriend (2 x Sinovac + 1 AZ booster) and unvaccinated daughter had Covid around end of January..

I had had my booster on Boxing Day, so must have been pretty well protected as I was the only one who didn't catch it. Even though I was in close contact with them all the time they were isolating.

Daughter then caught it a second time at Songkran at same time as me.

I just think that immunity wanes after a few months.