Cant decide if I should get another covid booster. What about you?

jack71

Ive had 3 AZ shots and overdue for another one. I'm unsure if I should get another one. I know that it seems the covid threat is over now but thailand still has thousands of people hospitalised daily and 30 deaths a day. 

I can only have AZ for medical reasons. 

Whats your take? What are you doing?

2 x AZ, 1 x Pfizer last Boxing Day. Contracted Covid over Songkran.

Vaccination not recommended for six months  after any Covid infection, so that puts me at October earliest. However I will wait and see what medical advice is ten, and see if there is any improved or updated vaccine for further variants.

But to be honest, if I  do have a forth, I don't think I would go for any more after that.

We have all had 3 jabs, so far no Covid, but wait.....................

As everything seemed to be Covid settling down, our lad, wife, his wife's sister, husband and one baby got on a plane to Pattaya for a few days....

They have all now got covid, including the baby......????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its an interesting question...

I’ve recently been in the UK... 

I was exposed to people (who later discovered they had Covid-19, at the time one of them had mild cold symptoms that was it)...

I was at a ridiculously busy UK airport departing (massive shoulder to shoulder queues at check-in, security and crammed seating in the departure lounge). 

Issues at Istanbul, crowds of ppl at Immigration...  in crowded shopping mall, back to the airport later, massive queues....   

I was exposed to covid in the UK for a few days for sure...  I find it impossible to believe I wasn’t exposed at the any of the airports... 

I checked for Covid-19 upon arrival at my destination (ATK - day 1 and day 6).

How did I not contract covid ?

- Lucky ?

- Antibodies from a previous case (April) protected me from contracting covid-19 ? 

- Antibodies vaccination and latest booster in Dec protected me from contracting covid-19? 

- Combination of all the above ?

I’m not worried about Covid-19 in its current guise - but catching it will cause major inconvenience as I am regularly checked at work, the quarantine would be horrible. 

Hopefully work will stop worrying about it like everyone else !

Until then - a Booster may make the difference between contracting it again or not - So I’ll take a booster. 

Work will probably request that we take boosters. 

Additionally - IF there is a new variant against which vaccines have been developed, I would see it as sensible to take that vaccine. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, connda said:

Why is it that everyone I know who have had the shots have also had Covid.
In my personal circle of friends, family, and acquaintance - every fully vaxxed person has contracted Covid.

Same here... So the question is... 

Were their symptoms less severe than they otherwise would have been had then not be vaccinated ?

Of course, its an impossible question to answer on an individual level - but perhaps the vaccine meant that everyone in your personal circle of friends, family and acquaintances who contracted Covid-19 were protected by the vaccine. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, connda said:

I'm amazed at people who glue themselves to the main-steam media and frighten the heck out of themselves as they fret about which new 'variant' will kill them. 

I agree with you so why did you quote me rather than the poster I was responding to who said, without any supporting evidence;

"Omicron strain 5 and 6 are worse than the previous one."

3 hours ago, jack71 said:

Whats your take? What are you doing?

I've recently had a 5th jab, all from the Thai govt free of charge, started with the two Sinovacs which was all there was at first.

Main reason is its a condition of employment required for occasional work in my field which is overseas and requires an up to date vaccine record to be considered. I need to feed the wife and kids, 'nuff said. I couldn't give a hoot about the anti and pro vax agenda driven narratives.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, connda said:

I'm amazed at people who glue themselves to the main-steam media and frighten the heck out of themselves as they fret about which new 'variant' will kill them. 

Want to live a calm, collected life?  Ignore it.  Enjoy the life you have instead of fretting over how some variant of this or that will deal you a mortal blow.  Nowadays, healthy members of the public are now keeling over with Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.  Maybe people should be live in fear of SADS as their is no known cause.  Here in Thailand.  Most people are more likely to get killed on the roads or by a Thai who suddenly loses face and flips out. 

Personally I don't follow the Covid fear-news. 

stop being so dramatic, it's the anti-vaxer types who get overly excited about it, for me it was easy, just popped in, 30 mins later came out with Pfizer shot, no side effects, didn't think about it after, life carried on, believe it or not. If you don't want it fine just move on if you can

• Like 1