Agent for retirement visa in/near Surin?

alphone2

7 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why do you think you need an agent? The process is simple and the staff in Surin IO have been good reputation.

Because I will be starting from scratch and from within Thailand.

I realise that the process (re. banking requirements) is simple and already have an account with the necessary funds, but I will need to know what else is required. I am unsure of just what is needed for the medical certificate, for example ... and how to get it.

The suggestion that I should actually go to the immigration office for advice is sound.

Edited by alphone2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Not that I condone the use of agents but the stadium office in Buriram will do one under the table for 16,000 I believe. 

Buyers of fake visa beware.

They are not fake if stamped by an Immigration office/r.  He deals with Surin Immigration so Buriram office is no use to him - Surin do not have a reputation for being uncooperative.

This guy does not need an agent, he needs to read the visa pages on this forum and/or talk to someone who can point him in the right direction. He says he meets the financial requirements  -  the rest is a matter of Googling. 

A simple search for a local internet forum would take him to this:-

Criteria for Consideration
Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
Must be 50 years of age or over.
Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
On the filing date, the applicant must have account deposited (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.
An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteriaimage.gif.f5e6b8e75251640eb7c9a48b6cd89f30.gifa) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.
Documents to be submitted
Application form
Copy of applicant’s passport
Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
Account deposited (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook
Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

Nothing in there about 3 months after.............................however, Ubon Joe. ASEAN NOW posted this:-

Immigration has not updated their website since a amendment to clause 2.22 of the immigration order went into effect on March 1st 2019. See: Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22

image.png.6ac5dc92aede54b868b370bfc14a5404.png

Just quoting the updated rules for clarity - as we know, each Immigration office apply their own rules.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

They are not fake if stamped by an Immigration office/r.  

If the visa is obtained 'under the table then it's not legit. For an 'under the table' visa/extension one is able to do it anywhere provided you find a bent immigration officer which shouldn't be hard.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If the visa is obtained 'under the table then it's not legit. For an 'under the table' visa/extension one is able to do it anywhere provided you find a bent immigration officer which shouldn't be hard.

There is a difference between " fake" and " not legit". Fake is just that. Someone somewhere has stamped your passport with a fake stamp.

Using an agent or an IO to get an extension by circumnavigating a particular rule, whilst not legitimate, it is deemed a correct stamp as details have been entered into the system as would a totally legitimate extension.

We don't, as yet, know the circumstance of the OPS request. He may only be asking for guidance by an agent, thus he will need to use the office servicing the province where he lives.

In any event, living in Surin and using Buriram office would not work.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The extension stamp of an Immigration officer is legitimate.  Period.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

he will need to use the office servicing the province where he lives.

In any event, living in Surin and using Buriram office would not work.

It would work if he was paying for it under the table. Many guys use Pattaya to pay under the table but live in Buriram. Buriram Immigration operate as agents for themselves and charge 16000 for a Retirement Extension. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

10 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The extension stamp of an Immigration officer is legitimate.  Period.

Even if the IO is caught giving visas to Chinese nationals who didn't use the visa for its intended purpose? And the Chinese national  was caught selling fake spectacles in Bangkok?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Even if the IO is caught giving visas to Chinese nationals who didn't use the visa for its intended purpose? And was caught selling fake spectacles in Bangkok?

This thread is about retirement extensions, try to avoid going off topic.

The IO is God and has the ultimate sanction over the granting of retirement extensions. 

The thousands of people in Thailand who have paid for their extensions via agents have nothing to worry about.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It would work if he was paying for it under the table. Many guys use Pattaya to pay under the table but live in Buriram. Buriram Immigration operate as agents for themselves and charge 16000 for a Retirement Extension. 

Indeed, and agents use fabricated lease contracts to show addresses. 90 day reports have to ne done using those addresses. 

The way to do it outside of Pattaya, an example you used, would be to use the IO directly. They would want you to be living in their duristiction.

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

They would want you to be living in their duristiction.

Complete and utterly wrong. Many guys up here in Buriram use Pattaya cuz it's cheaper than Buriram. The most I was asked for at Buriram stadium, 3-4 years ago was 32,000. 

I'm legit and not once in my 17 years here have I used an agent. If you have to do it under the table you shouldn't be living here is my belief.

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Complete and utterly wrong. Many guys up here in Buriram use Pattaya cuz it's cheaper than Buriram. The most I was asked for at Buriram stadium, 3-4 years ago was 32,000. 

I'm legit and not once in my 17 years here have I used an agent. If you have to do it under the table you shouldn't be living here is my belief.

Why not quote my whole post and not just the bit that suits?

In Pattaya one uses an agent. They will arrange banks deposits and addresses in Pattaya.

Using a local IO is a different kettle of fish. You will need to live in the IO's duristiction.

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why not quote my whole post and not just the bit that suits?

I didn't want to repeat the rubbish you are peddling. In your opinion if a person hasn't got the monies required to obtain a visa/extension, then it's legal to have a third party/agent to have it for you.  And you pay him 16,000, whatever, is that correct? I see that 16,000 as being tea money or a bribe which is illegal.

I believe the only time one can use an agent is for a 90 day report. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I didn't want to repeat the rubbish you are peddling. In your opinion if a person hasn't got the monies required to obtain a visa/extension, then it's legal to have a third party/agent to have it for you.  And you pay him 16,000, whatever, is that correct? I see that 16,000 as being tea money or a bribe which is illegal.

I can't recall ever saying it is legal. One more for your imagination.

I pointed out the difference between fake and non legit.

Many people use agents to help. They have all the correct requirements but find the whole process confusing. Agents just get all the ducks in a row.

Let's revisit the "peddling rubbish" situation. Who is it doing that? Mt Biggun I believe.

Just to sort out the little squabble above.....

Youreavinalaff is correct in saying that local IO's ONLY like dealing under their own area of jurisdiction.

There is plenty of evidence in Buriram (and Surin I believe) of IO's refusing to do 90 day reports for agent acquired extensions. That makes sense and supports the comment about Pattaya addresses. Obtaining an extension in Jomtien and having an Isaan address is not possible. 

Years ago people had to get agent acquired retirement extensions from Pattaya because Buriram/Surin were not offering dodgy ones. In more recent years IO's have openly offered the 'service' and the most recent figures that I heard were 18/20k.  One IO was (allegedly) seeking capital from a Farang to establish a 'business' of such extensions.

I also have friends who deal with Jomtien Immigration who can satisfy the financial requirements but prefer to pay 10/12k rather than deal with Immigration themselves.

Once that extension of stay stamp is put in your passport by an Immigration Officer you are good to go  - whichever route you took to get there.

9 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

They are not fake if stamped by an Immigration office/r.  He deals with Surin Immigration so Buriram office is no use to him - Surin do not have a reputation for being uncooperative.

This guy does not need an agent, he needs to read the visa pages on this forum and/or talk to someone who can point him in the right direction. He says he meets the financial requirements  -  the rest is a matter of Googling. 

A simple search for a local internet forum would take him to this:-

Criteria for Consideration
Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
Must be 50 years of age or over.
Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
On the filing date, the applicant must have account deposited (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.
An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteriaimage.gif.f5e6b8e75251640eb7c9a48b6cd89f30.gifa) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.
Documents to be submitted
Application form
Copy of applicant’s passport
Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
Account deposited (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook
Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

Nothing in there about 3 months after.............................however, Ubon Joe. ASEAN NOW posted this:-

Immigration has not updated their website since a amendment to clause 2.22 of the immigration order went into effect on March 1st 2019. See:  Police Order 35/2562 Changing 327/2557 Clause 2.22 217.77 kB · 990 downloads

image.png.6ac5dc92aede54b868b370bfc14a5404.png

Just quoting the updated rules for clarity - as we know, each Immigration office apply their own rules.

Oh yes, there is the official documentation, and then there is the reality.

For example, this here: "Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or".

What does it mean? Evidence. An immigration officer might (or will) say, "Oh you did not bring a certification from your embassy (If your own embassy even does that) that you have a pension income that qualifies."

Or as I have seen told to a tourist ahead of me: "Oh, the undated forms that I gave you last week are outdated. Take these new (undated) ones.

Then you will start asking yourself when could this all end.

Using an Agent, all forms new or old are good enough, and your proof of income without embassy certification is also fine, and what else....

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Oh yes, there is the official documentation, and then there is the reality.

For example, this here: "Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or".

What does it mean? Evidence. An immigration officer might (or will) say, "Oh you did not bring a certification from your embassy (If your own embassy even does that) that you have a pension income that qualifies."

Or as I have seen told to a tourist ahead of me: "Oh, the undated forms that I gave you last week are outdated. Take these new (undated) ones.

Then you will start asking yourself when could this all end.

Using an Agent, all forms new or old are good enough, and your proof of income without embassy certification is also fine, and what else....

Official documentation costs you 1,900 Baht for a 12 month extension of stay.

Your 'reality' costs more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Oh, I was thinking that your post was rubbish also based on your own opinion, but I feel now too polite to express it...

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Official documentation costs you 1,900 Baht for a 12 month extension of stay.

Your 'reality' costs more.

Right, but in my reality, I could not satisfy the immigration officer, since my embassy in Bangkok did not possess the information needed as requested. So no way to get a permission to stay stamp.

And in my reality, the Immigration Officer was satisfied with whatever the Agent was able to provide..

Just now, Andre0720 said:

Right, but in my reality, I could not satisfy the immigration officer, since my embassy in Bangkok did not possess the information needed as requested. So no way to get a permission to stay stamp.

And in my reality, the Immigration Officer was satisfied with whatever the Agent was able to provide..

So you couldn't meet the required evidence for the financial criteria (please don't blame the embassy) so you paid a bribe to the IO to get a perfectly legitimate extension stamp in your passport.

Yes, indeedy, that is reality in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

So you couldn't meet the required evidence for the financial criteria (please don't blame the embassy) so you paid a bribe to the IO to get a perfectly legitimate extension stamp in your passport.

Yes, indeedy, that is reality in Thailand.

I am not blaming the embassy. And I wonder where you got that idea from. Perhaps it supports your narrative.

And I did not bribe an IO. I wonder whee you got that from. Perhaps it supports your narrative.

I simply went to see an Agent, paid him for his services, and all added requirements were gone, and I easily obtained my extension of stay...

16 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I am not blaming the embassy. And I wonder where you got that idea from. Perhaps it supports your narrative.

And I did not bribe an IO. I wonder whee you got that from. Perhaps it supports your narrative.

I simply went to see an Agent, paid him for his services, and all added requirements were gone, and I easily obtained my extension of stay...

I took my lead from this:-

"I could not satisfy the immigration officer, since my embassy in Bangkok did not possess the information needed as requested."

Perhaps that isn't really your narrative?   

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

I took my lead from this:-

"I could not satisfy the immigration officer, since my embassy in Bangkok did not possess the information needed as requested."

Perhaps that isn't really your narrative?   

And you see a blame towards the embassy in there.

It is a simple fact.

Most people on this site can distinguish a blame from a fact.

As it is said, the exception confirms the rule.

On 8/14/2022 at 2:04 AM, alphone2 said:

Because I will be starting from scratch and from within Thailand.

I realise that the process (re. banking requirements) is simple and already have an account with the necessary funds, but I will need to know what else is required. I am unsure of just what is needed for the medical certificate, for example ... and how to get it.

The suggestion that I should actually go to the immigration office for advice is sound.

If you have everything you require you do not need an agent. Agents generally are used by shonks that can't fulfill (generally financial) one of the requirements to get the visa normally. There is no need to spend money on an agent if you have all your ducks in a row.

Google is your friend there are multiple sites/threads that explain step by step everything you require for your retirement visa. As others have stated the process is quite simple. Worst case you might have to go to immigration a couple times if you make a mistake.

Here I will give you a massive start ...put requirements retirement visa Thailand in your search box.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, starky said:

If you have everything you require you do not need an agent. Agents generally are used by shonks that can't fulfill (generally financial) one of the requirements to get the visa normally. There is no need to spend money on an agent if you have all your ducks in a row.

Google is your friend there are multiple sites/threads that explain step by step everything you require for your retirement visa. As others have stated the process is quite simple. Worst case you might have to go to immigration a couple times if you make a mistake.

Here I will give you a massive start ...put requirements retirement visa Thailand in your search box.

Thank you for your trouble in replying.

I am actually aware of Google.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I meet all the requirements for the three months visa, financial, medical (now) except for one. It was necessary to provide evidence of stay (sponsorship, family address etc., fully paid-up hotel booking etc.) for the full period.

This I am unable to do, although the situation could change fairly quickly after my arrival, as I am in the latter stages of purchasing a coastal apartment of some worth.

I merely wanted to consult an agent to see if there was a (legal) way around this and if I could obtain my retirement visa from within and on a tourist visa. I have had varying reports. I now have a couple of seemingly decent contacts from on here.

Otherwise, there would be no problem next time around.

On a general point, I have no objection to paying money to a reputable agent if it saves me time and trouble.

Edited by alphone2