Are Thai women poisoning themselves

norbra

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Prevalence in Asia (both sexes) is around 50%. Nothing at all to do with collagen powder.

What exactly is the medical condition or disease you are referring 50% of the population of Asia has?

Prevalance is only a specific measure. What exactly are you measuring as the condition or disease?

1 hour ago, KIngsofisaan said:

What exactly is the medical condition or disease you are referring 50% of the population of Asia has?

Prevalance is only a specific measure. What exactly are you measuring as the condition or disease?

Refers to the prevalence of h. Pylori in the stomach. See prior posts. A leading cause of gastritis and gastric ulcers. Present in low amount can aldo be asymptomatic.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Refers to the prevalence of h. Pylori in the stomach. See prior posts. A leading cause of gastritis and gastric ulcers. Present in low amount can aldo be asymptomatic.

H. pylori infection plays an important role in gastric cancer but there is a low incident of gastric cancer in the Thai population in the setting of high prevalence of H. pylori infection. This unexpectedly low rate may be influenced by Thai genetic predispositions to cancer.

Characteristics and Risk Factors of Helicobacter pylori Associated Gastritis: A Prospective Cross-Sectional Study in Northeast Thailand (hindawi.com)

Part of the problem is the Western diet (increasingly consumed by Thais). Another part of the problem is the increased consumption of processed food and all the additives. Add to that the crazy overuse of antibiotics in Thailand. All of this damages the microbiome which in turn can trigger stomach (and other health) problems.

Focus on stomach / digestion health and the microbiome are probably the next big thing in the health world. You only need to look at TV / video footage pre the early ‘90s at the body shape of everyday people and compare it with today – it’s massively changed. So many these days - even Thais - people have a belly, are pear-shaped etc. It was not always this way! That the OP knows many Thais with stomach and digestive problems doesn’t surprise me at all. I’ve been through issues of serious stomach troubles myself and one of the many things I learned is that it's widespread.

Fatty liver is a massive problem these days in developed countries where it’s estimated that 25 – 30% of adults have a fatty liver. Where once a fatty liver was caused by alcohol, now the major cause is sugar and processed foods. And when you have a fatty liver, the downstream effects are stomach and digestion issues. Not saying that is the case with the Thais the OP refers to, but it might be part of it.

Undiagnosed stomach and digestion issues is a serious growing problem in the West. I expect it will follow in Thailand and what the OP is seeing is just the beginning. Everyone knows how big a problem diabetes type 2 is today. Just watch, before long there will be similar awareness of fatty liver and subsequent to that, the related stomach and digestion issues.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

A flaming post has been removed

I suggested TALICIA to one of the woman , after talking with her "network" friends TALICIA will kill gut bacteria, not good, get PROBAC lactic acid bacteria supplement. Now to wait for outcome