Are Thai women poisoning themselves

norbra

Many Thai women I know all have stomach problems, indigestion flatulence heartburn fullness and lacking appetite.

They are all addicted to Cologen powder flogged by TV shopping channels offering various, dubious health benefits, could this be relevant to their distress? 

Edited by norbra
Spell error

15 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

"Many women I know..."

Here we go again.

Out of the 33,353,816 women that live in Thailand, exactly how many women do you know with this condition?

Sorry, but I do not know ANY in Isaan that can afford to buy anything, including Cologen powder, flogged by TV shopping channels.

I don't know anyone that even gets the shopping channel.

A thai woman lacking appetite? Never seen it happen

Stick with issan ignore the plight of others at least 2 friends were born in issan and suffering these stomach problems. 

Edited by norbra

10 minutes ago, norbra said:

Stick with issan ignore the plight of others at least 2 friends were born in issan and suffering these stomach problems. 

2 women out of 33,000,000+ hardly constitutes a pandemic.

Curious what jobs do they have that they can afford shopping on TV?

Edited by KIngsofisaan

38 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

"Many women I know..."

Here we go again.

Out of the 33,353,816 women that live in Thailand, exactly how many women do you know with this condition?

Sorry, but I do not know ANY in Isaan that can afford to buy anything, including Cologen powder, flogged by TV shopping channels.

isaan has the highest rate of young female alcoholism in thailand.

somehow they have money for booz and can afford not being in full employment.

I have one friend who damaged her stomach from excess drinking

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

2 women out of 33,000,000+ hardly constitutes a pandemic.

Curious what jobs do they have that they can afford shopping on TV?

Most of the 50 Thai women I know have these issues and most of these 50 Thai women I know have husband's and live in various provinces there you go details

56 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The OP is greatly exaggerating an issue about which  he knows little or nothing.

Fat, florid, foreign men are poisoning themselves with alcohol and bad food and I bet the OP knows more such men than he does  Thai women

Wrong pay up

33 minutes ago, internationalism said:

isaan has the highest rate of young female alcoholism in thailand.

somehow they have money for booz and can afford not being in full employment.

I have one friend who damaged her stomach from excess drinking

What in the world does your comment have to do with the topic?

The topic is not about alcoholism

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, norbra said:

Most of the 50 Thai women I know have these issues and most of these 50 Thai women I know have husband's and live in various provinces there you go details

Wrong pay up

No you don't know 50 women, sorry

Your last comment was at least 2 friends were born in issan and suffering these stomach problems

Now all of a sudden it is not 2, it is 50?

If you want to be known as being truthful, name all 50 and their husband's names so we know you are telling the truth.

Where I live in Isaan, we don't even have cable TV.

So the answer in our village is zero!

Edited by KIngsofisaan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, KIngsofisaan said:

Issue put by you was about how females get money for shopping TV.

I have added, that alcohol damages their stomachs and causing digestion of many sorts.

Somehow they are able to get money. Even in rural isaan.

I gave also an example of my friend

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Issue put by you was about how females get money for shopping TV.

I have added, that alcohol damages their stomachs and causing digestion of many sorts.

Somehow they are able to get money. Even in rural isaan.

I gave also an example of my friend

Alcohol, specially home brew, is cheap, cheap in Isaan

Shopping on TV, not so cheap!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

No you don't know 50 women, sorry

Your last comment was at least 2 friends were born in issan and suffering these stomach problems

Now all of a sudden it is not 2, it is 50?

If you want to be known as being truthful, name all 50 and their husband's names so we know you are telling the truth.

Where I live in Isaan, we don't even have cable TV.

So the answer in our village is zero!

How wonderful for you you need not care for those afflicted as you have zero women in your village as stated

1 minute ago, norbra said:

How wonderful for you you need not care for those afflicted as you have zero women in your village as stated

I might care if you provided the names of all 50 you know?

That many women affected (50), yet this story has never been in the Thailand news even once?

Do you have any evidence these (50) women all bought the exact same product?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Somehow they are able to get money. Even in rural isaan

Lao khao   เหล้าขาว...and you dont have be supper rich for that--- but with TV shopping I would have to agree with KIngsofisaan.... Its a BKK/Phuket type market, not many of them even have the QR codes on their phones up here , dont know how they would even pay. 

Gastro issues, acid reflux, tapeworm, and stomach cancer are very prevalent in Thailand. The nation has a significant number of deaths per annum, from stomach related maladies and stomach cancer.

I would guess som tam, and many of the funky and fermented foods are at least partially to blame. Excessive beer consumption does not help, especially on top of pre-existing stomach issues. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

True. But it is about health. Many already have stomach issues, hernias, and digestive problems. Add an excessive amount of beer to an already bad condition and it can be quite damaging. 

Lots of Thai women seem to like "detox" coffees which don't really detoxify you of anything but are really laxatives. I assume the irritation this causes in the digestive tract (as well as bad assimilation of nutrients) can only become an issue over time.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Lao khao   เหล้าขาว...and you dont have be supper rich for that--- but with TV shopping I would have to agree with KIngsofisaan.... Its a BKK/Phuket type market, not many of them even have the QR codes on their phones up here , dont know how they would even pay. 

Agree with the lao khao, that stuff screws up your stomach bad and is prevalent everywhere.

4 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

"Many women I know..."

Here we go again.

Don't generalize, many woman in Isaan has money. You say all woman in Udon or Khon Kaen are poor? Not everybody live in some mountain village where dont have tv or running water. We have village house also where i love to be but mostly live in small Isaan town.

And really many people know how to make money and are rich. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

possibly for consuming handful of medicines, which were recommended to them by doctors, by also by family and friends.

they don't have a clue about interactions and side effects each medicine can have.

Look, how many medicines they have in fridge, drawers, purses, handbags

Very good observation. Across the road is a nurses 'surgery'. She examines and prescribes. Medicines are dispensed similar to sweets in an old fashioned sweet shop from glass jars. Patients come away clutching plastic bags containing tablets of various colours. Expect to pay 150-200 baht for the examination and medicines. Mrs has them everywhere as you describe.

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Don't generalize, many woman in Isaan has money. You say all woman in Udon or Khon Kaen are poor? Not everybody live in some mountain village where dont have tv or running water. We have village house also where i love to be but mostly live in small Isaan town.

And really many people know how to make money and are rich. 

Name 50 people that buy the OPs product on TV shopping you know, or else get lost!

• Sad 2