Don Mueang To Pattaya

sitta

imho it's best to pre-book a private car from one of the many services that are available online. I've done the cheap charlie stuff in the past, and the taxi queue, but there's simply nothing like clearing immi and having some dude with your name on a piece of paper waiting for you at arrivals. 

I'm not sure what you mean by Ride-share. are you referring to Grab or Bolt? if so then I'd expect them to be more expensive than a private car plus you're giving 30% of the fare as commission to Grab/Bolt.

if you mean a minivan my advice would be just don't do it, those things are evil. 

private car should only be B1,200 or so which is ridiculously cheap for a hundred mile trip.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

private car should only be B1,200 or so which is ridiculously cheap for a hundred mile trip.

May I ask you when was the last time you took this trip for 1200 THB.

Afaik now it's more like 1400THB++

For example

taxi.JPG.d82926f9ce70318e840286b3157b88bf.JPG

https://www.bosspattayataxi.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxpuo-NDH-QIV8ZhmAh2tmA3qEAAYASAAEgIIwfD_BwE

Edited by MJCM

21 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

imho it's best to pre-book a private car from one of the many services that are available online. I've done the cheap charlie stuff in the past, and the taxi queue, but there's simply nothing like clearing immi and having some dude with your name on a piece of paper waiting for you at arrivals. 

I'm not sure what you mean by Ride-share. are you referring to Grab or Bolt? if so then I'd expect them to be more expensive than a private car plus you're giving 30% of the fare as commission to Grab/Bolt.

if you mean a minivan my advice would be just don't do it, those things are evil. 

I've done the cheapola thing too, then I started to wing with a youngish hotshot lawyer, and once we shared a leather-ensconsed beer-sipping ride with feel-good rock blasting, there's just no way I'd go back to the ride-hopping baht bus nonsense.

For starters, there's always some aggro with at least one of the bottom-feeder drivers, or you get crammed into a minibus forced to sit with with a smelly dude who looks like an Iranian terrorist being driven by a stressed out quota driven speed freak at the wheel.

A private car may cost the same as tonight's girlfriend, but both are still chump change in Thailand. 

Long live two-week millionaires!????????

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

airport shuttle bus to Jomtien then a bolt taxi to hotel

You can't get the shuttle from DM to Suvanabhumi on your return journey so you have to make your own way. At Suvarnabhumi yes the airport bus if the best, but slow, option.

32 minutes ago, MJCM said:

For example

https://www.bosspattayataxi.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxpuo-NDH-QIV8ZhmAh2tmA3qEAAYASAAEgIIwfD_BwE

Okay but B200 difference? 

What's that in real money $5.70 rounded up!

Kind of proves the point that penny pinching in Thailand is not even worth the effort of doing the math!

Dudes are paying business class fares to get here in economy seats these days, then they're getting on a bus ride jet lagged and bone-locked, with goats and chickens tied  on the roof? 

It makes no sense!????

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MJCM said:

For example

oops I looked at the wrong airport. B1,200 is from Swamps not Donnie M. thanks for the pickup.

at any rate, B1,400 is a fantastic price for such a long trip. and since the OP will be on the road around 5pm then he can pick up some travellers on the way to his digs. I hate being on the bus and not having access to a cold tinnie ????

Edited by Lemsta69

6 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Okay but B200 difference? 

What's that in real money $5.70 rounded up!

Kind of proves the point that penny pinching in Thailand is not even worth the effort of doing the math!

Dudes are paying business class fares to get here in economy seats these days, then they're getting on a bus ride jet lagged and bone-locked, with goats and chickens tied  on the roof? 

It makes no sense!????

It's not about penny pinching but trying to provide accurate info (and that is why I posted the link and the screenshot)  even if the price is only now 200 THB more expensive and @sitta just confirmed it is!

Just another question, in case want extend my stay more than 30 days, is it easy to get another 30days extension at Jomtien?

Need to arrange Travel insurance with AXA not sure to get 30 days or 60days cover.

Thanks.