Justice minister says that studies are underway into "Magic Mushrooms" - could they be Thailand's next cash crop?

webfact

10 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Looking at the expression of alarm on his face, one suspects that he is convinced that he is being followed around by giant mushrooms!

What was it he said about over consumption leading to   psychotic episodes?

I think I will stick to my home made cider - at least I don't get stalked by giant apples!

Couple of pints of this would do you.

Cripple Cock_FRONT_L.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

I think this is indeed a great idea. Psychedelic drugs are now getting a revival in psychotherapy, I just watched some documentaries on this subject. The mushrooms are even being used for helping people with terminal illnesses to cope. It's a great move, in my opinion. 

While this is true trial extracts suggest that dosage is a problem. Even people of same weight & build react differently. It seems that the environment can have an effect also. Given enough time I'm sure it will get sorted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bit more thought on how its rolled out - or its guys getting carted off on stretchers and every other sensational story ad naseum till its banned again....

I'm interested to see what's coming with weed rules V2 soon.

Heading to high season soon in every sense....tourists getting snared with technicality fines...boo hoo.

3 hours ago, shocky2012 said:

I'm not a medical professional so take it for what it's worth.

I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago with PTSD and clinical depression and during that time spent most of my time drowning in alcohol.

Recently, since the legalization of marijuana, I started to read on the subject more and more (I smoked during my adolescence between 14-16 years old and took mushrooms twice but stopped everything since - I'm 35 years old now) and I decided to try again starting by microdosing to see what it could give.

It's been two months now that I microdose on weed & shrooms (though shroom is only once or twice a week at a 0.3 - 0.5 dose) and I'm kinda blown away by the results.

The best way to explain how I felt when I first started microdosing is that it's as if my subconscious was throwing at me lots of existential questions that I've been asking myself for several years and for each question it showed the solution. I also had visuals in which I saw what my life could look like and be if I applied the solutions.

I don't know how to explain it and it may seem ridiculous but it gives me a lot of hope and energy for the future. These days I feel much more energetic and I have started to get rid of my old bad habits (IE: Alcohol).

Nice One I  Glad too hear you are back on form maybe if you feel like letting your hair down a bit  just up the dosage for a day no need to drink alcohol

• Like 1

They're LEGAL in Oakland, California.

Once again, America is a World Leader. ????

Did some "Golden Teacher" tea last Saturday night.

Very mellow compared to the Koh Samui tea I did last year, which was very strong and induced a bit of a panic attack when I was walking around downtown --had to call an Uber and zip over to "Hippy Hill" in the park where the drum circle is happening.

Gotta do it in the right place to get best results. ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thailand49 said:
7 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

That's why I put it in quotation marks. ????

Meaning, it won't be considered, as it comes from across the border, otherwise some officials would probably think about promoting it too... ????

The people involved in the Ya-ba business at the  highest level have no reason to make it legal they and their associates are all doing very nicely out of it personally, Legalization would "complicate" things and probably lose them money . It would never happen. for the same reason as it will never be stopped. The people who control that business are often not just very well connected , but are often the actual people  who well connected people are connected to.   If you get what I mean

The cannabis industry was a much easier take over option as it was so undervalued nobody of any consequence was making any money off it so the "nationalisation" of the business was easy,  It was a brilliant move by Anutin and co. and has left the others looking like fools

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

At this rate the whole country will be so high they won't be needing a spacecraft to get to the moon ???? 

Judging by the size of the shrooms in the initial photo they won't be needing too many :whistling:

They are already in talks with Elon Musk to fit rocket engines to the Chinese submarines and be the first to land a sub on the moon 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

It has been used by country doctors to treat insomnia but only in small quantities - in large doses it is a psychedelic narcotic and users can "trip"

Cash strapped Thailand in desperation to boost the economy that Prayut & Co have destroyed over eight years.

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I understand what you are saying but as I noted to the other fella it was meant somewhat as a joke or humor. 

I get it!  Connect here is why many of my grandfather relatives from a particular province in China migrated to the area of the triangle once a time I had to come to Thailand in 90's to look for my older brother he was living in this area while waiting for many legal matter to get him entry back to the States I live with them for a month. During that time it wasn't hard as to how things were set up also with the help of my brother knowledge their level of operation  Weed, Mushroom, that is a drop in the bucket. With the Thai love for the Chinese,  the pot of gold end of rainbow isn't in Mushroom as you are noting. 

15 hours ago, aussiebrian said:

Would you prefer, your children to go to a black market dealer, not knowing who the dealer is, if the dealer is going to try and sell harder drugs to your child, they  won't don't know the quality of the marijuana purchased, and or if chemicals have been used in growing or what it has been sprayed with plus the chance of being busted and ending in a Thai prison.? Or in any country with draconian drug laws.

Or 

Marijuana is controlled by the government, so they can tax it and make money instead of the big dealers profiting. Now it is being tested to medical grade cannabis, there is no threat of being busted or getting a possible criminal record or having to mix with the underworld to get supplies.

Opportunity to be a leading country for research for medical marijuana uses, education, with potential huge industries.

Having marijuana illegal doesn't stop people using it if they want to. To some it makes it more exciting.

My kids don't participate in this period. Neither do they approve. They retain a better value system to life.

15 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

My kids don't participate in this period. Neither do they approve. They retain a better value system to life.

Unless your kids are very young.

you would have no idea about this type of thing unless someone told you.

kids get up to all sorts of fun things when mum and dad are not around.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kevinsan said:

All terminally ill patient should be required to ingest. Brings a peace of mind to life's journey.

I've often said that LSD should be available for the purpose, administered under therapeutic conditions, of course. Enable those terminal to live several more lifetimes before their final departure. Now that Thailand seems to be moving more into the international assisted living market, enhanced end-of-life therapy could lend considerable appeal. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

They do? I guess they are not being sold like they do in Taiwan or else I would have definitely noticed any clad dressed beauty selling them on the roadside.

often sold by toothless old women   mainly used by the same

52 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I'm guessing with all the bashing about shrooms that the majority posting has never tried any.

thats normally the way on this site with regard to most threads concerning "drugs"

• Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 3:12 PM, worgeordie said:

If Magic mushrooms are illegal , how come a Government

official is quoting prices for them ....

"Especially as one kilo of "fresh 'shrooms" goes for 500 baht and 5,000 baht a kilo for dried. "

regards Worgeordie

For any one not familiar with shrooms a kilo is huge huge huge amount for a personal stash.....I would say its kind of like having  the back of a pickup truck filled with beer for personal use.....

Only 5-6 modest sized shrooms are needed for a fairly strong but not crazy strong trip... And for a small person maybe 2 or 3...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

Well its funny how on day #1 of weed legalization there were already 100s of sellers....

So I guess there will soon be loads of mushroom growers ....

And you can be sure all the weed seller will be more than happy to sell mushrooms and many I bet long before its legal.. 

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well its funny how on day #1 of weed legalization there were already 100s of sellers....

So I guess there will soon be loads of mushroom growers ....

And you can be sure all the weed seller will be more than happy to sell mushrooms and many I bet long before its legal.. 

Already happening...

Saw with my own eyes.