vaccine Booster experience today at BangSue

orchidfan

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I got my fourth, Pfizer, two  weeks ago  at a mall in Pattaya  but Mor Prom  hasn't been updated yet but my yellow book was updated on the day

As I noted above, the person who printed me out a hard copy Vaccination Certificate also, without asking, updated Morprom and took my phone and showed me.

I explained that I needed the paper certificate as some overseas authorities (Hong Kong etc) may not understand MorProm. But thanked him (her?) anyway. 

18 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

I'm pretty sure that Red Line (to/from Rangsit ) stops at Bangsue. 

Yes it does.  Used the red line for three of my shots.  It is a fair walk from the platform to the vaccination centre.  Lots of signs and helpful people to guide you.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

As I noted above, the person who printed me out a hard copy Vaccination Certificate also, without asking, updated Morprom and took my phone and showed me.

I explained that I needed the paper certificate as some overseas authorities (Hong Kong etc) may not understand MorProm. But thanked him (her?) anyway. 

You can get Yellow passport at MedPark Hospital, you need to call to arrange appointment: 020233333 and pay 50thb I think.

Or schedule visit to Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute via MorProm, but it is kinda far (Nonthaburi Civic Centre Station at MRT Purple Line then 15 min on foot to reach them).

Edited by clearance

22 hours ago, clearance said:

You can get Yellow passport at MedPark Hospital, you need to call to arrange appointment: 020233333 and pay 50thb I think.

Or schedule visit to Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute via MorProm, but it is kinda far (Nonthaburi Civic Centre Station at MRT Purple Line then 15 min on foot to reach them).

I personally haven't bothered with the yellow passport as any of the overseas places I have/will travel to readily accept the paper "certificate", but understand that some people might require it or prefer it for their travels. 

Incidentally there was a dedicated desk doing "vaccine passport" updates there that day too. So they had everything covered. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, clearance said:

You can get Yellow passport

Ok.....  I have yet to uncover a single reason to possess the yellow passport, except as a cute souvenir to gift the grandkids one day. 

From what I can tell... there are no places on earth that need it. Why is there so much obsession with it? It's not needed to enter any countries, use public modes of transport, or to obtain any other forms of identification. 

34 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Ok.....  I have yet to uncover a single reason to possess the yellow passport, except as a cute souvenir to gift the grandkids one day. 

From what I can tell... there are no places on earth that need it. Why is there so much obsession with it? It's not needed to enter any countries, use public modes of transport, or to obtain any other forms of identification. 

They are cute souvenirs and keep your vaccination records in one place. 

They have no useful purpose if you have Morprom and/or paper evidence of vaccination. I only got one because the office was next door in Buriram hospital. 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:37 AM, orchidfan said:

I explained that I needed the paper certificate as some overseas authorities (Hong Kong etc) may not understand MorProm

The idea that hi-tech Hong Kong will not accept the Mor Phrom as evidence is not a serious evaluation of the state of affairs. Hong Kong has no special requirements to make the vaccine certificate as old-fashioned as possible to be accepted.

If you are worried the Thai Mor Phrom is not familiar enough to HK health controls- a remarkably dubious belief- then simply upload your info onto the EU vaccine system.

This is very simple: download Austria's Covid App (it makes no difference as to whether you are Austrian, Congolese or Cuban), use that App to scan the QR code in Mor Phrom, and then in 5 seconds you now have a solid- gold EU proof of your vaccine status. The EU has for some time recognised without any limits the Mor Phrom system. 

Please stop this fetish with printing out documents or dreaming of yellow covers. This is 2022.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

The idea that hi-tech Hong Kong will not accept the Mor Phrom as evidence is not a serious evaluation of the state of affairs. Hong Kong has no special requirements to make the vaccine certificate as old-fashioned as possible to be accepted.

If you are worried the Thai Mor Phrom is not familiar enough to HK health controls- a remarkably dubious belief- then simply upload your info onto the EU vaccine system.

This is very simple: download Austria's Covid App (it makes no difference as to whether you are Austrian, Congolese or Cuban), use that App to scan the QR code in Mor Phrom, and then in 5 seconds you now have a solid- gold EU proof of your vaccine status. The EU has for some time recognised without any limits the Mor Phrom system. 

Please stop this fetish with printing out documents or dreaming of yellow covers. This is 2022.

The Mor Phrom app was good enough for Spain and Belgium.

6 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

I have no "paper fetish" nor the yellow vaccine "passport".

I lived and worked in Hong Kong for 20years and still have Permanent HKID,  so know pretty well how it works !

My Thai wife is still working there (also Permanent HKID) and recently came back to Thailand. 

The ONLY record she had of her 3 vaccinations done in HK is a PAPER " Covid~19 Vaccination Record issued by their Department of Health. 

It has a QR code at the top which they scan on entry at.the airport. 

At the bottom of.this form in Bold. Large print is "Keep the record properly "

Domestically they also have the "Leave home safe" app into which she had to scan, from her PAPER record, her vaccination status. 

I recall that she also had to show the CX staff.pre~checkin, her paper vaccination record and her PAPER, RT~PCR test result. 

So I agree with your sentiment but it's not a paperless world yet. 

Is there any  vaccination centre in Bangkok other than Bang Sue?
I had my fourth at MBK (Mah Boon Krong) and the service was excellent and unlike Bang Sue very central. This is now closed (the vaccination centre, not MBK).

I read that Bang Sue, due to close this month, has extended for another month.

I also read that there is a centre nearby to St. Louis Hospital. Is that still open? What is it's name?

My only problem with Bang Sue is that it is far from 'central'  - a long trek from the subway platform to the centre via crossing a dual carriageway road.  Alternatively, a close on one hour trip by taxi from central Bangkok (mid Sukhumvit)  The staff and organisation at Bang Sue were really excellent and friendly -- but SO far for an (approaching) eighty year old.

Now seeking my fifth jab, being 5 months since fourth.

Sorry this short message has turned into a bit of a tome.
Thanks for your attention.

Edited by Patanawet
grammar

5 hours ago, Patanawet said:

I also read that there is a centre nearby to St. Louis Hospital. Is that still open? What is it's name?

Near St. Louis Hospital is Bang Rak Medical Center (vaccination centre is closed here now).

Bang Sue Grand Station is accessible from MRT Bang Sue, there is underground passage, no need to cross any roads.

Edited by clearance

2 hours ago, clearance said:

Near St. Louis Hospital is Bang Rak Medical Center (vaccination centre is closed here now).

Bang Sue Grand Station is accessible from MRT Bang Sue, there is underground passage, no need to cross any roads.

Thanks, yes that was the centre I was thinking of. Oh, it seemed so central.

I went to Bang Sue 3 times and must have taken a wrong direction from the subway (even though I followed the clearly  signposted signs to the vaccination centre).
The first time, we mistakenly went right instead of left outside the building and walked right round to the back entrance and through the building. Second time was taxi from home (Phrom Phong) which took an hour and third time was via the subway but both MRT times involved crossing the carriageway (I can't imagine getting from the subway direct to the building unless they have now made a direct underground connection).

It looks as though my next trip will have to be to Bang Sue again.

Oh, how I miss the MBK facility. The only problem with that was (and has been for 20+ years, finding my way out of MBK) 

Thanks again for your reply.

5 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

I went to Bang Sue 3 times and must have taken a wrong direction from the subway (even though I followed the clearly  signposted signs to the vaccination centre).
The first time, we mistakenly went right instead of left outside the building and walked right round to the back entrance and through the 

Ask MRT staff for directions next time ????, you can get directly to Bang Sue Grand Station, I'm 100% sure of it, been here 4 weeks ago.