Association of cannabis potency with mental ill health and addiction

jack71

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(22)00161-4/fulltext

Its long been known about the link between cannabis use and mental health conditions. The above article in the Lancet Psychiatry website confirms this fact once again. 

20 years ago I smoked a lot of pot and it caused me mental health issues. I will not touch it again. 

I assume the esteemed health minister Mr Auntin didnt consider any of this when legislating the new cannabis laws..... Amazing Thailand

Any new or existing users of cannabis need to be mindful of the above research. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jack71 said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(22)00161-4/fulltext

Its long been known about the link between cannabis use and mental health conditions. The above article in the Lancet Psychiatry website confirms this fact once again. 

20 years ago I smoked a lot of pot and it caused me mental health issues. I will not touch it again. 

I assume the esteemed health minister Mr Auntin didnt consider any of this when legislating the new cannabis laws..... Amazing Thailand

Any new or existing users of cannabis need to be mindful of the above research. 

Likelihood is that you have the issues in the first place. The herbs only expose them. You are afraid of yourself.

• Like 2

These new hybrids are bred for potency and yield. Not for less side effects or quality of high.  Needless to say all marijuana has side effects.

These new breeds have not been studies. Nobody knows what the long term side effects are. You are guinea pigs from what ever frankestein buds your grower creates.

I smoked from many years everyday. Then i quit by accident. I was hard at first but it only takes 6 months to get over it. Now i  have no desire to use the drug because i remember all the negative side effect i used to experience by did not realize. That should tell you something.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Maybe you have misunderstood the purpose of this forum? You won't find much sympathy nor support here... 

The place for all things related to Cannabis, THC, CBD, hemp and medical marijuana in Thailand. How to grow cannabis in Thailand, where to buy cannabis in Thailand, cannabis shops in Thailand, cannabis prices in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, Don Chance said:

These new hybrids are bred for potency and yield. Not for less side effects or quality of high.  Needless to say all marijuana has side effects.

These new breeds have not been studies. Nobody knows what the long term side effects are. You are guinea pigs from what ever frankestein buds your grower creates.

I smoked from many years everyday. Then i quit by accident. I was hard at first but it only takes 6 months to get over it. Now i  have no desire to use the drug because i remember all the negative side effect i used to experience by did not realize. That should tell you something.

this post brought to you by big pharma. creating a healthy mind one pill at a time. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 5:14 PM, MrMuddle said:

Love these threads, more to add to my growing 'ignore" list. I'm way too old to be bothered with the naysayers and merchants of doom. 

haha. but evidently you are interested in post like this as you commented!

On 8/19/2022 at 6:58 AM, wombat said:

Any mental health issues you had from smoking weed you had before you started smoking weed as many peer reviewed studies will show...don't blame weed for your mental instability 

No, I didnt have any issues before I started smoking it. 

In the interests of full disclosure please advise if you have a business in the cannabis industry. 

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 1:18 PM, Bruno123 said:

Likelihood is that you have the issues in the first place. The herbs only expose them. You are afraid of yourself.

In the interests of full disclosure please advise if you have a business in the cannabis industry. 

1 hour ago, jack71 said:

You don't think you had any issues before you started smoking it and perhaps you believe that you don't have any now ???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You don't think you had any issues before you started smoking it and perhaps you believe that you don't have any now ???? 

No, Im a perfect person. Please do not be sarcastic with me. The consequence of which will result in your being excluded from my christmas card list. 

22 hours ago, starky said:

Maybe you have misunderstood the purpose of this forum? You won't find much sympathy nor support here... 

The place for all things related to Cannabis, THC, CBD, hemp and medical marijuana in Thailand. How to grow cannabis in Thailand, where to buy cannabis in Thailand, cannabis shops in Thailand, cannabis prices in Thailand.

All things related to cannabis should obviously include the negative health effects of long-term usage, unless it's a forum for people who just want to bury their head in the sand. I like it, I use it but I'm not blind to the health issues and neither should anyone else be, not if they still have a fully functioning brain.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

All things related to cannabis should obviously include the negative health effects of long-term usage, unless it's a forum for people who just want to bury their head in the sand.

There is a health forum here where these discussion might be better addressed, and get a wider audience?

https://aseannow.com/forum/23-health-and-medicine/

I'm not sure why people feel the need to "educate" others on the health issues associated with lifestyle choices? I guess they just can't resist?

Any moderately educated person can comprehend the risks and benefits themselves.

Again, the OP shared very little of their story, which IMO would bolster their "claims". Without any detail I'd call that original post worthless. That said, the OP seems to have fully recovered so all's well that ends well.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 11:57 AM, jack71 said:

You're in a very small minority.  Most people who indulge don't have problems.  I use to indulge a lot back in the 60 and 70 an I don't know of anyone who had marijuana induced psychological problems.  However, if you have pre-existing psychological problems, any 'mind-altering drug' could exacerbate the symptoms.  But making illegal to save a minority from themselves?  If it screws with you head don't use it.  Personally I don't care for it anymore, but that's just an age and experience thing. Been there, done that.

Well, there are definitely more people in this world who attend AA meeting than NA meetings. Alcohol is significantly worse, but pretty much only outlawed in Muslim countries.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, jack71 said:

who cares about this. Separating into 2 categories like that. 

Years ago I shared a house and this idiot guy was fully addicted. Nightmare to live with. One night he ran out and couldn't get anything to smoke. I will never forget that. A complete angry a&&hole. Your comment is thus daft and has little meaning. Its a hugely addictive drug that screws people up. 

Reads you lived with an "angry a&&hole" who used Cannabis to control his feelings of anger. Would you have felt better if he was on Valium or Prozac?

Can you link to any studies that claim that it is addictive? 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 10:49 PM, Don Chance said:

Imagine if you woke up one day feeling paranoid, confused, anxiety memory lose and suffering from delusions?

You would run to your doctor and ask for help.

That is how you feel everyday if you smoke weed everyday.  You can deny it all you want. What happens is your brain will compensate for the side effects. You body and brains are always working to keep you safe and healthy. Imagine how difficult it is for your brain to compensate for paranoia?  You don't realize it but smoking weed everyday for years changes your personality.

negative-side-effects-of-marijuana.jpg

And what are the benefits of smoking weed everyday for years and years? NADA. NOTHING. ZILCH.

For the paranoid part, remember, if illegal, then yes, maybe you'll be paranoid, due to fear of being arrested.

image.png.76d144ca4ad8657373dc9fb69748e5cb.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, jack71 said:

who cares about this. Separating into 2 categories like that. 

Years ago I shared a house and this idiot guy was fully addicted. Nightmare to live with. One night he ran out and couldn't get anything to smoke. I will never forget that. A complete angry a&&hole. Your comment is thus daft and has little meaning. Its a hugely addictive drug that screws people up. 

You are probably better off dealing with your own mental health issues. Seems like they are still there, bubbling away. Not written in a flippant manner. We are all somewhere within the spectrum. Some just have not conquered their irrational fears.

• Like 1