Prayut’s office is among Thailand’s leading advertising spender during 6-months of 2022

webfact

Thailand’s ‘Office of the Prime Minister’ spending as much as US$ 57.71 million or close to US$ 10 million each month...

This is probably all paid out from the party coffers or from private political donations. I can't imagine taxpayers' money being used for this. Otherwise it would be a criminal misuse of taxpayers' money. I also think Thailand will have clear laws on party finance and party advertising.

I also can't imagine that there is such an expenditure item in the state budget that has been approved by parliament.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

close to US$ 10 million each month over the course of this year to drum up support in public for its ‘success’ in managing the country.

The clowns obviously don't understand the correct definition of the word 'success' !

and the journalist obviously left his calculator at home $57mill / 12 = $4.75 mill per month.... well they did say close to US$10 million 

• Like 1

Advertising and marketing agencies all over the world are known for their apppreciation of business

put their way. The decision maker is often rewarded handsomely with all sorts of thankyous, generally to the order of 15% of the billing account. Like to know who signs off on the Government advertising.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eastendanto said:

and the journalist obviously left his calculator at home $57mill / 12 = $4.75 mill per month.... well they did say close to US$10 million 

The clue was in "first half of the year" so divided by 6 not 12 ????????

• Like 1

Before the outrage starts , has anybody  got any figures for other countries governments  to give us a little bit of perspective

I doubt that its unique to Thailand, If its spent in Thailand its doing some good for the economy, That should also be taken into consideration.

I bet it pales into insignificance compared to the UK's overseas aid bill  which generally means giving money to people and governments that hate us     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eastendanto said:

The figures quoted are over the last 6 months, not 12

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is nothing surprising about this. They need all the PR they can get. Prayuth has been a horrendous failure, is moving Thailand backwards, has decimated the economy, nearly destroyed tourism and the nightlife and destroyed countless livelihoods. He is despised like never before. His approval rating is likely under 5%. Yet, he hangs on as if his life depended upon it. It is actually a pathetic thing to witness. 

Well constructed, Mike....

Yet, you might take caution that regardless of the circles that are running the place, more than likely not going to change - from one rotating government to the next. 

Less the individual[s], but the traditional systematic machine that's in place requiring thorough usurped action and cleansing - from top to bottom. And from the looks of it, that ain't gonna come about anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Phredd said:

Yep, Tell a Lie often enough and it becomes the Truth, no matter how it is believed 

The universal tried and true protocol, historically used everywhere.

Repeated often and loud - all becomes real and real. 

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I bet it pales into insignificance compared to the UK's overseas aid bill  which generally means giving money to people and governments that hate us 

You mean someone out there actually likes us.

• Like 1