Advanced Tv Members Please Read

lodesafun

My wife had a ceserian for our son at Baan Mi public hospital at Lopburi on the advice of many locals that said it was a very good hospital.

My wife and son was there for three days and let me tell you, they both got the best of care.

All up...including private room...1,200 Bht. That price included EVERYTHING.

Why in gods name would you pay 40-150,000 bht???

Just do some research and you will find some very good poblic hospitals. Even if you have to re locate from another area for this type of treatment it's maximum 10,000 bht.

Gee they must love it when a farang walks in the door :o

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause my wife told me to..... :D (and I value my wifes opinion....of course)

For the next one though, we're 100% insured for all costs. Means I only pay half as much in premiums! :o

For the next one though, we're 100% insured for all costs. Means I only pay half as much in premiums! :o

Ahh I get it...all a matter of prestige.

Ahh I get it...all a matter of prestige.

given that we were on the verge of doing it on the NHS in the UK, thats a negative, Ghostrider. (Royal London Hospital, in the east end is where we had our first lot of scans done, Guv)

From my perspective, re-assured wife = happy wife = me not sleeping on the sofa. Simple equation really.

LIFE, You Got To love IT…!!!

I also said earlier that I was very happy with the Doctor, his detail in the care of Samantha and the understandable explanation of her ongoing condition. (Thai man, educated in Edinburgh, if I remember correctly) He was very understanding of our situation and charged us nothing for his service after the first billing. He himself made this decision, and I would not have noticed it but for the lack of it upon my careful observation of the 2nd bill. In doing it the way he did again showed me the professionalism and care that only a true doctor has. This hospital is very fortunate to have his services and, so was my family. Thanks doc, you are what a Doctor should be.

Lodesafun.

We used this guy when we lived in Bangkok as a Pedaetrician. I highly recomend him. Although my daughter was born in Bamrungrad and was entitled to discount in the child clinic, we chose Samitiwej. It was on the same soi as our house too(49).

Dr Olarn ????? If it's the same doc who was our son's paedetrician when we were living in BKK (he was trained in Edinburgh), I must say we (including the wee man) highly endorse this good doctor too.

Yes, that is him.

I'm so happy that mother and baby are fine, But the beating I've took on the bill ...... ashamed to mention the cost, 320,000+ combined cost. what a Mug.

Live and learn or die trying..

the future awaits......

Thanks again all,

lodes

post-34036-1183880202_thumb.jpg

I'm so happy that mother and baby are fine, But the beating I've took on the bill ...... ashamed to mention the cost, 320,000+ combined cost. what a Mug.

Live and learn or die trying..

the future awaits......

Thanks again all,

lodes

That's an absolutely beautiful piccie, lodes, of your 2 precious ones there. Samantha proves to be a fighter and she will always be there now to provide great joy to mummy and daddy. Enjoy her.

Am glad to know that Dr. Olarn is still in Samitivej. We first walked into Samitivej way back in 2001. Before that, we tried a paediatrician in Bumrungrad who was highly recommended by our expat friends but somehow, found him so-so. Maybe because he's well-recommended and had one too many patients, he appeared to be in a hurry to get the consultation over and done with. Our first visit to Samitivej, we took a long look at the board with the list of in-house paediatricians. At that time, there were only 2 UK-qualified docs. Well, our case wasn't an emergency one, so we had the priviledge of choosing eenie-minie-mo between the 2 of them. Well, no regrets. He was fan-tas-tic. Not a clock-watcher at all, calm and collected without being detached. We may just pop by at our next visit to BKK just to say hi to him.

Edited by Jacqqq

• 4 years later...