Back UK on holiday. Is it worth claiming pension upgrade?

Lots of good UK state pension info here but too much to sift through.

I am back in the UK for 3 weeks. Is it possible and easy/simple to get your unfrozen State pension rate paid for these 3 weeks. It wont amount to much but is it worth trying? Is it best to phone them or can it be all done online?

Tks

I would think it is a waste of time, Goverment departments are slow at the best of times, am sure there will be lots of questions and all for 3 weeks? It is not worth the stress, relax enjoy your holiday or if you want to experince why you left the UK in the first place then apply LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If your pension is increased during your stay, does it fall back to the old sum when you leave?

I have been in UK for the last 6 months and returning to LOS next week.  I never knew I could get any sort of increase unless I was permanently back in UK.  if I had known I would have tried.  Especially now there is high inflation coming to UK an promises of pension increases.

I think it disgraceful that UK does not pay the full pension to us retirees who live overseas.  think how much we are saving NHS by paying for our own treatment.  

4 minutes ago, Robin said:

If your pension is increased during your stay, does it fall back to the old sum when you leave?

I have been in UK for the last 6 months and returning to LOS next week.  I never knew I could get any sort of increase unless I was permanently back in UK.  if I had known I would have tried.  Especially now there is high inflation coming to UK an promises of pension increases.

I think it disgraceful that UK does not pay the full pension to us retirees who live overseas.  think how much we are saving NHS by paying for our own treatment.  

It goes back to what it was, but if I were you, I would get onto them and claim what's yours....????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brianburi said:

Old Git, is that a typo error?? National Insurance number, surely....  NHS is for hospital treatment.

16 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Well spotted, thanks very much.

@theoldgitI think you were right the first time. Whenever I contact the IPC they always ask for my NINO. It's part of the criteria they use to verify your identity.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 6:16 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

@theoldgitI think you were right the first time. Whenever I contact the IPC they always ask for my NINO. It's part of the criteria they use to verify your identity.

you need to visit spec savers..... read my post again.... slowly    

On 8/21/2022 at 6:16 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

oldgit has edited  his post accordingly. He originally said NHS number and I queried if he meant to write that....... end of.  Ancient history now...

• Like 1

The accumulated costs of processing all these momentary increases and decreases in pension payments is paid by who?

I'm not knocking anyone for claiming their full entitlements especially when the mechanism is in place to do this. However the absurdity of having a room full of helpful and polite ladies answering the phone, asking questions and typing the answers into some humongous government database is quite bizarre.