Entering BKK from LHR showing NHS App for Covid vacination

Firstly I will appolgise if this has been answered many times ( I've been off the site for nearly 3 years, and stuck in the UK) 

Going to visit my wife in Issan , in October (it was easier for her to come to UK for 6 months last year).

so this is what i understand, after getting my flight re booked after it was cancelled 2 times in 2020, TM6 not required (recommended if you are doing anything with immigration), no travel insurance ( but again recommended) and show proof of vaccination.

so the question is does immigration accept the UK NHS Covid 19 travel pass app from your phone

8 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

Came from LHR 2 weeks ago. No one check my vaccination certificate. No insurance,  test or TM 6 required at Swampy.

So are we back to the pre-covid scenario where no additional paperwork, insurance, etc is required if you're passport country is on the visa exempt list? 

8 hours ago, Dave8237 said:

question is does immigration accept the UK NHS Covid 19 travel pass app from your phone

This was the primary proof used for NHS users arriving in Thailand. It would be illogical if it was no longer accepted. A printout will be necessary in case your phone battery dies.

TAT states the current rules as:

"Upon arriving in Thailand, all travellers must undergo entry screening including body temperature check, and present the required documents to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks.

The vaccinated travellers will then be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom. *For arrivals by land using a border pass, they will be allowed a stay of no longer than 3 days within the specified areas only."

It is specifically mentioned that the insurance requirement has been lifted. You should check the TAT website as the most up-to-date source.

14 hours ago, Dave8237 said:

so the question is does immigration accept the UK NHS Covid 19 travel pass app from your phone

Thailand now takes all comers:

Thailand’s entry requirements from 1 July 2022: Thailand Pass removed

Also lifting an US$10,000 health insurance requirement, thus welcoming all travellers with proof of either a certificate of vaccination or a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR or professional ATK test result.

TAT Newsroom Send an emailJune 24, 2022

415,925 2 minutes read

This information has been updated on 24 June, 2022.

The following rules will be in effect from 1 July, 2022, with specific requirements for vaccinated and unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers from all countries/territories with scheduled arrivals from this date.

Pre-arrival requirements

Vaccinated travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:

·         A valid passport, or a border pass for arrivals via border checkpoints.

·         A Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination

o    Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand.

o    Travellers 5-17 years of age travelling to Thailand unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand. Those travelling with parents are exempt from this requirement.

Unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:

·         A valid passport, or a border pass for arrivals via border checkpoints.

On Arrival Requirements

Upon arriving in Thailand, all travellers must undergo entry screening including body temperature check, and present the required documents to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks.

The vaccinated travellers will then be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom. *For arrivals by land using a border pass, they will be allowed a stay of no longer than 3 days within the specified areas only.

Likewise, unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers who have proof of a negative result from an RT-PCR test or professional ATK within 72 hours of travel will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.

The unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers without a negative test result within 72 hours of travel are required to follow the public health instructions and guidelines as deemed appropriate by the Health Control officer at the point of arrival. All expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the travellers.

During the Stay

·         While in Thailand, both vaccinated and unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers are advised to strictly follow the health and safety standards. Travellers who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms should get tested. If testing positive, they must get the appropriate medical treatment.

We wish all visitors an enjoyable, safe, and rewarding holiday in Thailand during this exciting time in which we are able again to welcome travellers from around the world.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gargamon said:
17 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Came from LHR 2 weeks ago. No one check my vaccination certificate. No insurance,  test or TM 6 required at Swampy.

So are we back to the pre-covid scenario where no additional paperwork, insurance, etc is required if you're passport country is on the visa exempt list? 

Last two times I have entered Thailand at Suvarnabumi airport (last week and 2 months before) there were no additional checks upon arrival in Bangkok beyond the standard Immigration.

There were no MOPH checks, no checks for vaccination status etc - on ARRIVAL. 

BUT...  there is still a requirement to be vaccinated or take an ATK on arrival.

(Qatar Airways at check in Last week didn’t know about the ATK part, and were expecting everyone to show proof of vaccination, I told them the were mistaken, but they said they were following IATA guidelines)... 

My Vaccination status was required at the point of departure when travelling to Thailand at both check in and while boarding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Last two times I have entered Thailand at Suvarnabumi airport (last week and 2 months before) there were no additional checks upon arrival in Bangkok beyond the standard Immigration.

There were no MOPH , no checks for vaccination status etc - on ARRIVAL. 

BUT...  there is still a requirement to be vaccinated or take an ATK on arrival.

(Qatar Airways at check in Last week didn’t know about the ATK part, and were expecting everyone to show proof of vaccination, I told them the were mistaken, but they said they were following IATA guidelines)... 

My Vaccination status was required at the point of departure when travelling to Thailand at both check in and while boarding.

Same, last 2 entries nothing additional required.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There were no MOPH checks, no checks for vaccination status etc - on ARRIVAL. 

Thanks for that. I guess it's time to get off my ass and come back. I'd use the old warning "I'm coming back, lock up the women and children", but it's probably not PC enough for current times.

• Confused 1