The New Iraqi Prime Minister - A Terrorist?

rainman

Dr. Iyad Allawi (اياد علاوي) (born 1945) is the interim Prime Minister of Iraq.

(..)

In 1993, Allawi organized the Iraqi National Accord (INA), a group consisting mainly of former military personnel who had defected from Saddam Hussein's Iraq to instigate a military coup. Allawi was recruited by the CIA in 1992 as a counterpoint to the more well-known CIA asset Ahmad Chalabi, and because of the INA's links in the Ba'athist establishment. According to former CIA officers, Allawi's INA organised terrorist attacks in Iraq between 1992 and 1995, probably including the bombing of a school bus that killed school children

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iyad_Allawi

Alright, so he's an ex-terrorist and an was 'recruited' (contract worker, i assume) by the CIA. Do you think Iraq is really free? Or did Bremer just give control to the CIA. I'm gonna laugh my butt off when he turns anti-US in a decade like Bin Laden did, who was trained by the CIA against the Soviets.

Muammar Gaddafi was another one - used by the CIA to break British influence with King Idris. Really blew up in their face.

Talking about Saddam - if he gets the death penalty, can he ask for Beckham to take it?

Talking about Saddam - if he gets the death penalty, can he ask for Beckham to take it?

LOL, it's fascinating how fast this board is.

Got this one last night, after midnight by SMS and this morning you post it in here. :o

Is this a topic about Thailand, Iraq, terrorists or fotball?

This thread is boring, not related to Thailand, it should be closed...or keep it open, it makes no difference for me.

Better open a bargirl thread instead of it....

This thread is boring, not related to Thailand, it should be closed...or keep it open, it makes no difference for me.

Better open a bargirl thread instead of it....

Yohan, do some forward thinking. Thaksin wants to pull out his forces.

Now this would be Thailand-related.

Your proposal of a new BG-thread, however, makes sense.

Something like, Mama-san send me to Baghdad to bring freedom from Lad phrao to Baghdad International airport

I posted it in the 'General Forum' on purpose, because its not related to Thailand. If you want to close this thread because its not about Thailand, you may as well close the threads titled 'Download Fahrenheit 9/11' or 'Who Believes In God'. I was just trying to open a discussion about something i feel is a serious matter, but whoever isn't into politics or is a little sensitive about the subject doesn't need to be forced to post in it.

Hope you see my point, though. Invading a country to get rid of its terrorist links and then appointing an ex-terrorist as the prime minister makes less sense to me than a monkey wanting a drivers license.

actually download has been closed and directed to the Bear Pit.

If we can find a relationship with Thailand in this thread it perhaps will remain open, otherwise this thread too will be directed to the pit.

tukyleith