Ford Raptor v6 2022 anybody bought one?

kwak250

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well there's a 3•2 inline 5 cylinder diesel turbo charged version which they have discontinued and be bought secondhand, no point in a V6.

Why do you say there is no point in a V6?

It will be silky smooth and very powerful. All the convenience of a truck with the power of a sports car. Plus the excellent suspension and tech. What's not to like about that?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why do you say there is no point in a V6?

It will be silky smooth and very powerful. All the convenience of a truck with the power of a sports car. Plus the excellent suspension and tech. What's not to like about that?

Because the inline five is performing well enough.

V6 no point in Thailand.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Because the inline five is performing well enough.

V6 no point in Thailand.

That's your opinion but i would love a V6 .

Plenty of places in Thailand that would be great on and off road.

Not sure the inline five would be something i would be looking at.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

That's your opinion but i would love a V6 .

Plenty of places in Thailand that would be great on and off road.

Not sure the inline five would be something i would be looking at.

Inline 5 has been in Thailand a good while and well known for going up very steep trails and towing heavy loads. 

I don't want the cost of either my Isuzu is very much low cost my speed thing is satisfied on a bike not in a box. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Inline 5 has been in Thailand a good while and well known for going up very steep trails and towing heavy loads. 

I don't want the cost of either my Isuzu is very much low cost my speed thing is satisfied on a bike not in a box. 

Given the choice I'd prefer the smaller capacity V6.... thats has more grunt.

Friend had a 3.2 Everest, two replacement engines under warranty.... kept melting #5 piston.

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Given the choice I'd prefer the smaller capacity V6.... thats has more grunt.

Friend had a 3.2 Everest, two replacement engines under warranty.... kept melting #5 piston.

So many engines produced by ford and have I am only aware of the 3.2 is diesel and the v6 petrol is replacing it. 

3.2 ad 2.2 is discontinued and in 2023 in Thailand there will be the 2.0 twin turbo diesel which came in 2022 as I understand it and a v6 3.0 petrol as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, transam said:

I have had/driven V6 cars since 1972, incredibly smooth, comfortable engines, 9 out of 10 for me, a V8 would be 10 out of 10.

Now slightly off-topic truck V6 stuff, but worth a watch... 

Would like to see what comes as competition in Thailand as to the v6 3.0 petrol engine Rapter, I have to say I surprised Thailand wants to let it in. 

As for the video Ford to me at my age were always up there in powerful affordable petrol cars my favorite was the V8 Cobra I bet not much modern engines could match it even now. 

21 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well enough? I guess so. A Honda Wave gets to the 711 "well enough" but I'd still rather do it on a Triumph Street Twin. 

Likewise, I'd much rather have a silky smooth V6 petrol with that lovely exhaust note than a lumpy diesel that sounds like a tractor.

I'd say a V6 Ranger is perfect for Thailand. Can handle the off road stuff brilliantly but still loads of smooth power for the highways. 

A handsome devil as well. It's giving me 90's Ford Bronco vibes.

image.png.aa8de1bc0c5b255938e3ae8bd0e9b4e6.png

My vibes are satisfied by my Blade no need to sit in what's still a slow box compared to my bike. 

My 1.9 Isuzu back wheels scream accelerating in 2nd gear.  ????

Edited by Kwasaki

18 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Might have been the Wildtrak/Xlt with a raptor grill put on it.

No its the right red/orange colour with twin pipes. And didn't sound like a diesel (quieter actually), and no of the usual stickers. This is a family with money (they own benzes and a porsche), so no surprise really. 

Edited by DavisH

43 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My vibes are satisfied by my Blade no need to sit in what's still a slow box compared to my bike. 

My 1.9 Isuzu back wheels scream accelerating in 2nd gear.  ????

A Blade? No point in Thailand. 

????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

I have had/driven V6 cars since 1972, incredibly smooth, comfortable engines, 9 out of 10 for me, a V8 would be 10 out of 10.

Now slightly off-topic truck V6 stuff, but worth a watch... 

Don't be sad @exel, I can't afford either either.....????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So many engines produced by ford and have I am only aware of the 3.2 is diesel and the v6 petrol is replacing it. 

3.2 ad 2.2 is discontinued and in 2023 in Thailand there will be the 2.0 twin turbo diesel which came in 2022 as I understand it and a v6 3.0 petrol as far as I know. 

Petrol v6 is not replacing the 3.2.

Thailand Raptor was never offered with 3.2, old model 2.0 twin turbo/bi-turbo.

Diesel V6 is replacing 3.2 and is fitted to Rangers and Everests, not for domestic market though.

The 2.0 Twin turbo/Bi-turbo has been fitted to Rangers/Everests/Raptors for several years now and is not new.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Would like to see what comes as competition in Thailand as to the v6 3.0 petrol engine Rapter, I have to say I surprised Thailand wants to let it in. 

Iam surprised the domestic Rangers do not get the V6 twin turbo diesel export markets get.

• Like 1

Quick bikes like blades and gixers are great fun but not for me in Thailand

I have seen far too many deaths here mainly due to the locals who pass their test by driving around a car park and watching a video.

I have known a few people who have died on thai rides sadly all on fast bikes and none were their fault.

Love bikes in the UK and dirt bikes here are great fun when you can keep away from all the nutters on the roads but good luck to you if you are a fast rider over here .

The amount of near misses i had here before on a Gixer from cars changing lanes for the fun of it i keep to dirt bikes now. Only my fault when i fall off(which is often)

A v6 raptor here would be ideal .

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Iam surprised the domestic Rangers do not get the V6 twin turbo diesel export markets get.

The 2.0 raptor is almost as expensive as the 3.0 petrol raptor. What would the v6 diesel cost? It would surely be more than the 3.0 petrol everything else being equal. Would be nice to see it in a lower spec'd ranger with a lower price. 

7 hours ago, DavisH said:

The 2.0 raptor is almost as expensive as the 3.0 petrol raptor. What would the v6 diesel cost? It would surely be more than the 3.0 petrol everything else being equal. Would be nice to see it in a lower spec'd ranger with a lower price. 

V6 diesel in Raptor or Ranger ?.

sorry your question is not clear.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:28 AM, pedro01 said:

v6 3.0 sounds good - how heavy is it?

It's 'only' 284hp - and the Germans are usually getting 380ish-hp out of that size engine....

BUT

0-100 in under 7 seconds - that car is going to be a hoot to drive.  The stats are on this page: https://www.headlightmag.com/2022-08-18-acceleration-fuel-consumption-ford-ranger-raptor-v6/

0-100 - 6.82 

80-120 - 4.66

https://www.headlightmag.com/hlmwp/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Test-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-V6-08.jpgspacer.png

Certainly accelerates better than it's mates.

I'd go for it on these stats - then you can blow away all those chipped out diesels with your squeaky clean gasoline.

Even sounds like they made sure it sounds sporty too. Which is always nice....

It's about the same as the Germans, 292 KW, 397 PS according to Ford's literature.

16 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

V6 diesel in Raptor or Ranger ?.

sorry your question is not clear.

I mean put the v6 diesel in a lower spec'd ranger (or even a lower sped'd raptor), to keep it a peg below the petrol raptor. I bet that diesel v6 in the raptor (instead of the petrol v6) would push 2m baht. the v6 diesel could go in the current wildtrak, for about 1.4-1.5m. People would buy it. 

8 hours ago, malathione said:

It's about the same as the Germans, 292 KW, 397 PS according to Ford's literature.

The raptor is indeed 397PS but was dyno'd in Thailand and gave about 307. Thats about a 22% loss that sounds about right for an auto. No need to buy a mustang 2.3. The raptor is 2.5tonnes. 

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

The raptor is indeed 397PS but was dyno'd in Thailand and gave about 307. Thats about a 22% loss that sounds about right for an auto. No need to buy a mustang 2.3. The raptor is 2.5tonnes. 

Yup, that sounds right for wheel HP. This is so much more versatile and interesting than a 2.3 Mustang in any case. 

13 hours ago, DavisH said:

I mean put the v6 diesel in a lower spec'd ranger (or even a lower sped'd raptor), to keep it a peg below the petrol raptor. I bet that diesel v6 in the raptor (instead of the petrol v6) would push 2m baht. the v6 diesel could go in the current wildtrak, for about 1.4-1.5m. People would buy it. 

I'm surprised that Thai govt are allowing the v6 petrol over the v6 diesel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 2:18 PM, DavisH said:

Only the 3.0 petol is available. 

There will be no 3.0 diesel for Thailand. 

This certainly seems to be the case which is a real shame as I believe it is only about an additional ~AU$4k to go from the 2.0TT (diesel) to the 3.0 TD V6 (diesel) in several Ranger options. 

This would put a 3.0 V6 TD in a Wildtrak at ~1.5M. Surely that is a great value proposition for the Thai market? You can't get that sort of engine /drive-train (full-time 4WD / V6 TD) in anything here for less than double? that it seems.

Anyway, as there must be a reason, could you enlighten us Mr.DavisH? I would like to completely quash my hopes for a V6 Diesel Ranger here if that is in fact the reality!