Ford Raptor v6 2022 anybody bought one?

kwak250

Hi so i have always loved the Toyota Hilux and still own a 4x4 Revo but i am starting to show an unhealthy interest in the new v6 Raptor

I know Transam i am like you i love how reliable the Toyota's are and they have never let me down.

This is the first time since i had a Ford Fiesta back in the uk that i am looking at a Ford.(and that was a rusty pile a sh7t before it went to the scapyard.

Only concern i have is Ford have had many problems in the past but willing to take the chance

Has anyone got the new V6 Raptor as i would love to know your thoughts?

Edited by kwak250

29 minutes ago, transam said:

The performance numbers on it are very impressive, similar to muscle car V8's of yesteryear.........????

petrol or diesel in Thailand ? 

Edited by Kwasaki
spelling before the spell police spout.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
8 hours ago, transam said:

The performance numbers on it are very impressive, similar to muscle car V8's of yesteryear.........????

petrol or diesel in Thailand ? 

Diesel muscle cars? I knew they would happen eventually.

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Apparently there are a lot of back orders. 

Do you know which one is available in Thailand.

Many different engines available. 

See one Thailand price at nearly 1,900,000 baht. 

I think I'll keep my Isuzu. ????

3.0 twin turbo ecoboost gasoline engine.

And its damn thirsty, @ 45b/lt I'd hate to be filling the tank !!

• Thanks 1

I never quite understood the Ford Raptor. I know little about it but it's a tough looking truck. But on the side of the car it says it is a 2.2 liter engine, is that not correct? I couldn't ever imagine it had any power. Though it LOOKS like it has power, there's no replacement for displacement.

Edited by bamboozled

11 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

I never quite understood the Ford Raptor. I know little about it but it's a tough looking truck. But on the side of the car it says it is a 2.2 liter engine, is that not correct? I couldn't ever imagine it had any power. Though it LOOKS like it has power, there's no replacement for displacement.

Old model Raptor - 4cyl 2.0 Twin turbo diesel

New model Raptor - 6cyl 3.0 twin turbo gasoline.

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

No idea, not read up on it, try Google....????

Ok for your reference the bi-turbo ranger's is two turbo that run sequentially....

Google tells me "staged" turbo's are more commonly known as compound turbo's.... Which neither the 2.0bi-turbo Ranger or the 3.0 twin turbo Raptor are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks info wasn't percifit where I read about the Rapter so a V6 petrol.

They do 5•5 litre V8 petrol as well only in US I guess.

If you pay getting on for 2 mil for a truck I don't think your bother about the price of fuel. ????

At the fuel consumption figures a friend told me he was getting,  a V6 Raptor would cost me approx Bt.15,000 a week..... just to get to and from my work !!

• Haha 1

v6 3.0 sounds good - how heavy is it?

It's 'only' 284hp - and the Germans are usually getting 380ish-hp out of that size engine....

BUT

0-100 in under 7 seconds - that car is going to be a hoot to drive.  The stats are on this page: https://www.headlightmag.com/2022-08-18-acceleration-fuel-consumption-ford-ranger-raptor-v6/

0-100 - 6.82 

80-120 - 4.66

https://www.headlightmag.com/hlmwp/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Test-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-V6-08.jpgspacer.png

Certainly accelerates better than it's mates.

I'd go for it on these stats - then you can blow away all those chipped out diesels with your squeaky clean gasoline.

Even sounds like they made sure it sounds sporty too. Which is always nice....

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

At the fuel consumption figures a friend told me he was getting,  a V6 Raptor would cost me approx Bt.15,000 a week..... just to get to and from my work !!

Well if you want performance you have to pay for it. 

My bike at best does 22 kilos to 1 litre of petrol. 

My 1•9 Isuzu driving like a granny can do 20 + kilos to a litre.

IMG_20220813_110209.thumb.jpg.fdb4bcae1baa18df406c438a86b8bdbd.jpg

Edited by Kwasaki

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

IMG_20220813_110209.thumb.jpg.fdb4bcae1baa18df406c438a86b8bdbd.jpg

That's quite good for your 1.9lt Isuzu. The best I get on my 2.8lt Tuna is 17 KPL. That's on a run doing around 110KPH. Bit less around 14KPL now if I go to BKK as they have put the limit up to 120KPH on the outside lane. So I use it, does save around an hours driving time though. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My friend was getting 4km to litre.

gotta pay play for sure and my play toy likes to drink E85 at a healthy rate but ain't no way iam going to support a Raptor with that thirst !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I know they are the same... was just checking if transman did considering he posted a turbo engine could be one, two or bi..... guess all this new fangled tech has his dinosaur carby fed brain slightly muddled !!

bi turbo uses different pronouns....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I know they are the same... was just checking if transman did considering he posted a turbo engine could be one, two or bi..... guess all this new fangled tech has his dinosaur carby fed brain slightly muddled !!

Not so much muddled, more like explored.............????

My scene was more superchargers and nitrous oxide, but the Turbo seems to be the thing now...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Not so much muddled, more like explored.............????

My scene was more superchargers and nitrous oxide, but the Turbo seems to be the thing now...

Would love to build a low rider hilux with a compound turbo 2.8.... supposedly stock internals will take 60 pounds of boost before it kicks the legs out.