Ford Raptor v6 2022 anybody bought one?

kwak250

2 hours ago, bamboozled said:

I never quite understood the Ford Raptor. I know little about it but it's a tough looking truck. But on the side of the car it says it is a 2.2 liter engine, is that not correct? I couldn't ever imagine it had any power. Though it LOOKS like it has power, there's no replacement for displacement.

3.0 v6  

Your looking at the older models

2.2 and 3.2 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Ok for your reference the bi-turbo ranger's is two turbo that run sequentially....

Caterpillar tried this with the C15 ... failure.

Everyone I know that ran the stock setup switched to single turbo.

"Advanced Technology ... " 555

22 minutes ago, seedy said:

Caterpillar tried this with the C15 ... failure.

Everyone I know that ran the stock setup switched to single turbo.

"Advanced Technology ... " 555

I personally would not go a big single on a small CC engine.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

That's quite good for your 1.9lt Isuzu. The best I get on my 2.8lt Tuna is 17 KPL. That's on a run doing around 110KPH. Bit less around 14KPL now if I go to BKK as they have put the limit up to 120KPH on the outside lane. So I use it, does save around an hours driving time though. 

My normal driving about is eractic but mostly averages about 16 to litre going by the speedometer computer thingy. 

As you say on runs on highways you can get good average kilos. 

50 minutes ago, G Rex said:

The 2.2 & 3.2 mills were in other Ranger offerings.   The previous Raptors only had the 2.0 BiTurbo.  I have one , chipped, exhaust mods etc - upping my power to about 170kW. The 292 kW available from the petrol V6 is next level.  

6BB07D1D-1F9C-42B3-8B80-F9E589D3674C.jpeg

Now that looks awesome.looks like you have spent a fair bit on that .love it

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Now that looks awesome.looks like you have spent a fair bit on that .love it

Thank you

38 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I might just buy the new 2.0l bi tubo wildtrak at 999,000 and get a sticker made up saying

"I identify as a Raptor" 

That is what I am doing!!  Sell this one , and get a stock standard 4x4 Wildtrack 7 a bit of change!! I did all the blingy stuff to the Raptor - because it was something I could never do back in Australia - they are strict with their ADRs... (Australian Design Rules).  But after 2 years I am tired of the tyre rumble - and maybe my dong has grown a bit too (or else I have learnt to accept what I have now!!) 

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Apparently there are a lot of back orders. 

Do you know which one is available in Thailand.

Many different engines available. 

See one Thailand price at nearly 1,900,000 baht. 

I think I'll keep my Isuzu. ????

Only the 3.0 petol is available. 

There will be no 3.0 diesel for Thailand. 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My normal driving about is eractic but mostly averages about 16 to litre going by the speedometer computer thingy. 

As you say on runs on highways you can get good average kilos. 

Will be interesting to see what the new Ford Raptor does KPL once we get a few reports. Buddha bless anyone that tries to drive it fast though. Why do I say this well the last time I went to Pattaya, on the way back on the 120kph motorway 7??? I was driving next to a Ford R at around 115kph and the person that was driving it was having real fun trying to keep it in a strait line. It was fitted with those off road tires so could have been them. It was dry Buddha knows what it would have been like in the wet. Whatever I was glad I was in my Tuna.  

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Will be interesting to see what the new Ford Raptor does KPL once we get a few reports. Buddha bless anyone that tries to drive it fast though. Why do I say this well the last time I went to Pattaya, on the way back on the 120kph motorway 7??? I was driving next to a Ford R at around 115kph and the person that was driving it was having real fun trying to keep it in a strait line. It was fitted with those off road tires so could have been them. It was dry Buddha knows what it would have been like in the wet. Whatever I was glad I was in my Tuna.  

I only go fast on my bike 70 

, 80 at most around where I live in my truck. 

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Sounds like he might of been drunk !

Off road tyres like BF's would not cause any trouble at that sort of speed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I only go fast on my bike 70 

, 80 at most around where I live in my truck. 

I could do that 80kph in my old Tuna. But the new one doesn't go into top till it hits 90kph, And I have to feather it then to get it into 6th top gear. If I hit a hill or put my foot down it drops back into 5th. Hence the 110kph I try and travel at. 

30 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Sounds like he might of been drunk !

Off road tyres like BF's would not cause any trouble at that sort of speed!

I did say it might have been the tires. Could have been the road conditions, wind, or as you say drunk. Whatever he was fighting with the thing. He was in the middle lane and drifting all over the place. How he got on Buddha only knows, as I took my chance and got passed him ASAP.  

12 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I could do that 80kph in my old Tuna. But the new one doesn't go into top till it hits 90kph, And I have to feather it then to get it into 6th top gear. If I hit a hill or put my foot down it drops back into 5th. Hence the 110kph I try and travel at. 

1•9 Isuzu manual the same I only use 6th on highways 5th is my main gear.

When in 4th going to 70 the dash signal says change to 5th and then goes to 90 before signal of go to 6th. 

26 minutes ago, DavisH said:

True. But what I stated stands. There will be no 3.0 diesel in the local market. 

Well there's a 3•2 inline 5 cylinder diesel turbo charged version which they have discontinued and be bought secondhand, no point in a V6.

21 hours ago, fredob43 said:

The new ranger is limited to about 180km/h due to its tires. And it gets there very fast. Would be pretty sketchy at that speed. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:35 PM, G Rex said:

The 2.2 & 3.2 mills were in other Ranger offerings.   The previous Raptors only had the 2.0 BiTurbo.  I have one , chipped, exhaust mods etc - upping my power to about 170kW. The 292 kW available from the petrol V6 is next level.  

6BB07D1D-1F9C-42B3-8B80-F9E589D3674C.jpeg

Yeah, this is the engine I had in mind. So that little thing, an engine the same size as my Mazda 3, can power this beast at a respectable clip? I'm not familiar with 170kw. It's such a tough looking truck you would think it drank a lot and spewed exhaust like a song taew.

2 hours ago, bamboozled said:

So how much of a dog was that 4 banger?

The wildtrak with the same engine was (a little) faster in a straight line as it was lighter. The new model is 2.5 tonnes and can do 0-100 in 6.5 sec. The performance is on par with the 2.3 mustang. 

2 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

I was the first to order and pay a deposit (May 1st) for the new Raptor at Ford Rayong. I was supposed to get it this month (August). But then I got a message from them that I have to wait until November due to delays.

No worries. I visited the dealer yesterday and they actually had it at the showroom. What a car! Sublime V6 engine, suspension (amazingly smooth ride), 4 wheel drive specs, off road specs, acceleration and sound specs, technology specs (think Tesla), interior standard/quality (soft touches galore/leather), surround system (10 speakers Bang & Olufsen!), really, really powerful aircon, literally no engine/road/tire noise (due to state-of-the-art suspension, ladder frame, noise cancellation in cabin) and so many driving modes it makes you dizzy (I will be driving in Baja mode all the time :-0  full on exhaust sound.

I am trading in my BMW 520d M Sport (G30).

I can´t wait! ????

Cheers!

Our neighbour just turned up with a red one this weekend. So not sure what the delay is all about.