non o single entry based on marrige from London embassy

hi all applied for the above for the last 3 years from the London embassy . enquired again about the £ req this year.  1st year £500 2nd year £ 1500 this year £1000 no prop . however also been informed by visa team at the embassy I need to upload ( aswell as normal paper work, which is a pain in the bum with file size req and <deleted> site) last page of passport ie stamps and also a picture of myself holding my passport.  Has anyone done this recently who can advise or is it the normal miss information you tend to get from London embassy 

10 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

hi all applied for the above for the last 3 years from the London embassy

Just bumping your question because zero replies.

I'm not familiar with the process you are asking about.

You would be aware that you can enter thailand visa exempt and obtain non O marriage in Thailand. 

12 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

Has anyone done this recently who can advise or is it the normal miss information you tend to get from London embassy 

I have done it quite recently, no big deal, last week talked a friend of mine through the process got his visa in a couple of days.

You must upload an answer to all questions in order to submit application, up to you what answers you want to provide.

Yes, there is no doubt some saw popping a form and their passport in the post as an easiers option but time never stands still. I have a friend who would rather overstay than get a visa as he is paranoid about parting with his passport, always 2 sides.

I fail to understand why people who live in the world of smartphones and social media find uploading a few documents such a problem.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

I have done it quite recently, no big deal, last week talked a friend of mine through the process got his visa in a couple of days.

You must upload an answer to all questions in order to submit application, up to you what answers you want to provide.

Yes, there is no doubt some saw popping a form and their passport in the post as an easiers option but time never stands still. I have a friend who would rather overstay than get a visa as he is paranoid about parting with his passport, always 2 sides.

I fail to understand why people who live in the world of smartphones and social media find uploading a few documents such a problem.

agree about the uploading bit . however bit more involved than that you have to reduce file size ect , and the site isint that good esp if not to good  on I.t (like myself , I have a friend do it).  my main question was ( you said you did it recently) did you have to add pictures of your last stamped page and picture of yourself holding passport ( for non o single entry based on marriage) as this is not on docs req on embassy website . but revived email from visa team stating this after enquiry about £ req in bank, revived conflicting info from visa team before which was not correct.

ps as stated applied and reccived above visa last 2 years. just want my doc'sin place and ready to upload before i start application

Done this in January and also last month.

Must upload travel history (scan of stamps in passport). Bank statements. Proof of residency (council tax bill). Wife's ID. Invitation letter from wife. Photo with applicant holding passport open on biometrics page. Got eVisa around 2-3 days later.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

agree about the uploading bit . however bit more involved than that you have to reduce file size ect , and the site isint that good esp if not to good  on I.t (like myself , I have a friend do it).  my main question was ( you said you did it recently) did you have to add pictures of your last stamped page and picture of yourself holding passport ( for non o single entry based on marriage) as this is not on docs req on embassy website . but revived email from visa team stating this after enquiry about £ req in bank, revived conflicting info from visa team before which was not correct.

ps as stated applied and reccived above visa last 2 years. just want my doc'sin place and ready to upload before i start application

This is a copy of the uploads required, I never had to adjust the size of any of my documents. Maybe you should look at the resolution if you are doing scans.

I assume you you are referring to item 11 when you mention passport pages, it doesn't say anything about last stamp. A friend of mine did it last week and I advised he write on a piece of paper "No travel since March 2020", take a photo and upload that.

Taking a confirmation selfie is becoming common practice for online registration. I had to do it to open my Wise account, it is also required if you use the online method of registration for the NHS app.

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa_4.pdf

An American's experience: In 2006, I got my first Non O visa in Bahrain. It was a breeze with very little documentation required. This year I was returning to LOS after a year spent in the U..S. I tried to apply through the Royal Thai Consulate in Chicago. The list of questions had grown considerably, but the one that applied the coup de grace (or put paid) to this guy's application) was the one requiring me to take a photo of myself holding my own passport. Instead of continuing, I just came in on visa exempt, then applied at my local IO for the Non O visa and then got the extension three months later.

Hi, can dirtybirty or anyone else please clarify the financial requirement for obtaining a Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa from the UK? The embassy website just says "Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party". But it doesn't say what amount they are looking for. Does anyone know what dirtybirty means by "this year £1000 no prop"? 

Is there any advantage in getting the marriage visa in the UK? Or should I just send 400,000 to my Thai bank, get a tourist visa and convert to marriage visa in Thailand? One problem I'm trying to avoid is that the airlines probably won't let me board with a one-way ticket and a tourist visa, whereas hopefully a marriage visa will work.

11 minutes ago, JomtienChris said:

Hi, can dirtybirty or anyone else please clarify the financial requirement for obtaining a Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa from the UK? The embassy website just says "Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party". But it doesn't say what amount they are looking for. Does anyone know what dirtybirty means by "this year £1000 no prop"? 

You would need to show a bank statement with the equivalent of 20k baht in the account.

6 hours ago, JomtienChris said:

Is there any advantage in getting the marriage visa in the UK? Or should I just send 400,000 to my Thai bank, get a tourist visa and convert to marriage visa in Thailand? One problem I'm trying to avoid is that the airlines probably won't let me board with a one-way ticket and a tourist visa, whereas hopefully a marriage visa will work.

£1000 for single entry was informed this year last year was £1500. for year n9n o based on marrige £10000 which you must show be in ya bank for atleast 3 months. 

hope this helps

31 minutes ago, JomtienChris said:

Sorry I'm still confused. Is it £1,000 or £10,000 ?

He means just £1,000 for a single entry Non O based on marriage to a Thai, and £10,000 for a multiple entry one-year Non O visa based on marriage.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, HauptmannUK said:

Done this in January and also last month.

Must upload travel history (scan of stamps in passport). Bank statements. Proof of residency (council tax bill). Wife's ID. Invitation letter from wife. Photo with applicant holding passport open on biometrics page. Got eVisa around 2-3 days later.

does the picture holding passport replace recent picture of yourself or do they require this aswell. thanks