Where to buy a New Honda Click 125i in Chiang Mai?

falangUK

Hi :),

1. Any recent experience of buying a New Honda Click 125i in Chiang Mai?
2. According to the TGF there is only 1 Honda dealership Honda Click 125i in Chiang Mai?
Found several on google maps.

3. Is that dealership on Huay Kaew (opposite Maya) reliable? they seem to have lots of negative reviews.
Thanks in advance ????

There is a good shop in the old city where you can buy it that existed for decades.

But if you don't mind to buy a Yamaha bike instead I would recommend this shop, as across the street from that one they also have a very affordable maintenance and repair center where you can get anything done + A/C waiting room with coffee etc, speak english too. https://g.page/cnxyamaha?share

The Honda shop is just 100 meters from there too btw so would recommend to check both.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Nat Motors (close to Maya) is very reliable, including after-sale service and maintenance. Good English. Comfortable room inside if you are waiting for maintenance, or easy stroll to the shopping mall. Don't know about bad reviews, strange. I bought 3 Clicks from them over several years, never a problem - though now moved on to Yamaha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Nat Motors (close to Maya) is very reliable, including after-sale service and maintenance. Good English. Comfortable room inside if you are waiting for maintenance, or easy stroll to the shopping mall. Don't know about bad reviews, strange. I bought 3 Clicks from them over several years, never a problem - though now moved on to Yamaha.

Thank you ????  Considering a Yamaha since whole country is out of stock of Click 125/160s
Is Yamaha significantly better than Honda?

3 hours ago, falangUK said:

Thank you ????  Considering a Yamaha since whole country is out of stock of Click 125/160s
Is Yamaha significantly better than Honda?

I have an Aerox, very happy with it, but it's in another league (and price) than the Click at least the 125/150 versions, not sure what they did with the 160. btw, Honda followed suit and has the ADV which closely resembles Aerox, again for even more Bahts.

The rough equivalence between Honda & Yamaha scooters is

Click - Grand Filano

PCX - Nmax

ADV - Aerox

Forza - Xmax

If undecided, it might be a good idea to rent one or the other for 1-2 days.

If you consider Yamaha, the dealer on Huay Kaew is good for service, the office staff however leaves to be desired and now that KSK mall is closed you don't have many options to spend an hour other than read your phone. The dealer inside the moat on Prokapklao (spelling?) is better in terms of sale staff. Clearly, you can buy it in one dealer and have it serviced where you want.

I recently bought a Honda click 160 abs from a shop called Sangchai Panich close  to the city . 

The service was good and english speaking staff were in abundance .

The click 160 is a great scooter . Very quick of the lights and really good brakes . 

I bought my Honda at Sahapanich at Chang Puek, their service is good and after-sales like changing engine oil price is lower than Honda Big-Wing which I previously bought another model.

Edited by EricTh

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a Click 125i from Nat Motors.  I had to pre-order it.  It took about 1 month to arrive.  I like Nat Motors for purchasing bikes (I have purchased 3 from them over the years).  Can't say I am always satisfied with their service team though.  Sales has always been good for me.  Be aware: the new Honda Click 125i has a slightly smaller frame this year than previous yrs.  Still, I like the one I bought.  It's a bit quicker than my previous Clicks (125 cc), including any I have rented before.  And, I can get up to around 106 kilometers/hour on it.

Edited by jayjay2001

On 8/30/2022 at 2:43 PM, falangUK said:

3. Is that dealership on Huay Kaew (opposite Maya) reliable? they seem to have lots of negative reviews.

They occasionally rip off foreigners on repairs.

I had a service and new brakes fitted there once, they didn't tighten the bolts on the front disks which promptly fell out. Apparently this was my fault, and they wanted 5kbht to replace the forks. I went to a local repair shop that charged me 50bht to replace the missing bolts.

I now buy my m/cs from the Honda dealer near McCormick Hospital.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, mania said:

Those guys are great for service too!

Definitely not.

They tell people that they have to come for service every 3000 kms, even though the service interval is 6k-12k, depending on the bike.

They don't even know what they have to do at a specific service, every time I had to pull out the service manual and show them what they have to do, they seemed surprised that it's more than changing the oil.

Based on these experiences, I would expect that if you don't keep an eye on it yourself they would change the oil 2-4 times as often as required, and they probably would only change the oil and don't do anything else.

One time they didn't even get my oil level right, way too much oil in the engine, maybe they forgot to drain the old oil completely.