Dark red vehicle in Thailand.

I had several 'red' coloured vehicles in the Uk in the 90's and they suffered from dulling of the gloss finish. I understood at the time for it to be a paint defect and no amount of 'T' cut or polish corrected it.  I haven't noticed  that problem on red coloured cars here.

Now back to the the heat problem.  The darker the colour the more heat an object absorbs. Thus black absorbs all wavelengths of light and reflects none. White reflects all wavelengths and thus absorbs the least heat.  I have black vehicles and white vehicles; they are under cover and have aircon thus I don't notice a great deal of difference.  If anything it's the efficiency of the air con that makes most difference. On the 3 occasions I used air con in my car in the UK it would take an age compared to the air con here. My most efficient a/c was in a Mitsubishi which may have just been due to the company also being a major supplier of air con generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paint fading was the use of cellulose paint, now long gone.

Car colour and internal car heat, as yet, I haven't been in a ride in LOS where the A/C hasn't taken care of it in short order, even our weeee Suzuki doesn't have a prob, but I would stay away from leather seats as they can be a bit uncomfortable when first getting in a hot car......:stoner:

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated. I actually ordered a new Toyota Veloz in Pearl White almost two months ago. Unfortunately,  Pearl White seams to be the color of choice for most, so long delays in delivery. When I spoke with the dealer a couple of days ago they are telling me it could be several more months. I kinda like the red color anyway, so I thought I’d let them know I’d be ok with the Red vehicle if it would speed up delivery of the car. By the time the car gets delivered, the 2023 models should be coming out.

The Honda BR-V had been at the top of my choices of new vehicle, but every dealer I went to, or called said there were none available, and could not be ordered. Well, the new model BR-V has now been announced, but the base price is now 915,000 (but many upgrades). The base price for the previous model was 765,000. That’s a pretty hefty increase, and I fear the same increases will occur with other vehicles.