Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Already mentioned noise controls are ignored and the council look the other way, in Leicester at least. Some pubs were closed down in Highfields after Muslim bodies campaigned relentlessly for their licences to be removed. Pubs that had been there over 100 years were suddenly too noisy, or socially disruptive. The real reason was booze being haram so everyone else has to bow to it. Labour council with muslim lord mayor at the time- Abdul Osman.

Could you name those pubs that got shut down ?

8 hours ago, proton said:

Yup the great mans prediction of cities being over run with cultures having nothing to do with ours and refusing to integrate was so wrong- my home area foe example ????

There's a taxi driver , a restaurant owner , a health worker , a guy who works late in the kebab shop , a food delivery driver, a shop owner ,  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would like to find out whether what he is saying is true or not 

Nothing better to do- Spinney Hill Bower was another opposite the Burlington on the corner of Guthlaxton St, now an Islamic study centre!

13 minutes ago, proton said:

Nothing better to do- Spinney Hill Bower was another opposite the Burlington on the corner of Guthlaxton St, now an Islamic study centre!

Just looked online and  that 400 local residents objected to the pub renewing its licence due to : Crime and disorder, drug taking , prostitution , nuisance and dangerous after a local resident was beaten by one of the pubs drinkers and also someone got shot outside the pub 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just looked online and  that 400 local residents objected to the pub renewing its licence due to : Crime and disorder, drug taking , prostitution , nuisance and dangerous after a local resident was beaten by one of the pubs drinkers and also someone got shot outside the pub 

400 local muslims exaggerating to get their own way as usual and the gutless council letting them get away with it. Most UK pubs in working class areas have the odd bit of disorder around them. Why do people move near pubs and then complain about them? like idiots moving to the country and complaining about animal noises! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, proton said:

400 local muslims exaggerating to get their own way as usual and the gutless council letting them get away with it. Most UK pubs in working class areas have the odd bit of disorder around them. Why do people move near pubs and then complain about them? like idiots moving to the country and complaining about animal noises! 

There is a newspaper report of the man getting shot outside the pub and an independent review did mention prostitution was available in the pub

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There is a newspaper report of the man getting shot outside the pub and an independent review did mention prostitution was available in the pub

so what, the Burlington was the centre of riots in 81, man knifed to death in 88 and well known for drugs and prostitution. Nobody complained until the muslim population grew large enough to start throwing the weight around. Of course when people complained about schoolgirls being raped by muslim gangs nothing was done about that, happened in Leicester as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

It’s the supermarkets that have got rid of the pubs.

Next time you are in UK supermarket take note of how much booze people are loading into their trollies.

10 minutes ago, proton said:

so what, the Burlington was the centre of riots in 81, man knifed to death in 88 and well known for drugs and prostitution. Nobody complained until the muslim population grew large enough to start throwing the weight around. Of course when people complained about schoolgirls being raped by muslim gangs nothing was done about that, happened in Leicester as well.

White people were quite happy to live next to a business that had drugs for sale, prostitution , murders  and stabbings and riots ? 

BTW isnt the Burlington Pub location still open as a Pub and operating under a different name ? The Mount Zion Inn ?

Is that the same place ?

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Mosques are subject to noise controls like everyone else .

Pubs are closing down all over the U.K , have been for the last 30 years or so . 

Pubs in areas with a large Muslim population close down because the locals do not drink , even so, Pubs in areas with no Muslims living are also closing down because going down the pub is no longer a popular past time for many people like it used to be .

Six local pubs to have closed down in the last ten years and I am quite sure they didn't close don because of Mustafa living at number 26

Four new pubs and a new chippie opened in about three years in Oswaldtwistle. All within stumbling distance of my mate's gaff.

OK, one of the pubs is a bloody long stumble but it's still new. A two minute drive away, you'll find the 'Sharialand' enclave I mentioned earlier.

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry but i dont like to post my home town on here, ,but it was an ordinary working class place 40 yrs ago ,now you would not recognise many parts of it ,like India ,believe it or not even the black community  area all moved ,

Why so coy? We don't know you from Adam. Or you could play @transam's game of telling us where you're NOT from, post some YouTubes, etc., etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The nearest pub to my mate's gaff in Ossie is a pikey hangout. Even we give that one a wide berth. Well, you kind of have to as they park their Beemers and Range Rovers on the bloody pavement!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s the supermarkets that have got rid of the pubs.

Next time you are in UK supermarket take note of how much booze people are loading into their trollies.

Certainly wiped out a lot of pubs in Aberdeen where Friday's workers could get tanked on cheap cans of beer and cider from the supermarkets before they went clubbing. They were off their heads before 9 pm and when the clubs emptied around 2 am, you didn't want to be on the street. The cops would park up the side streets and only come out around 3 am after the brawls were over and nick the wounded and passed out. I think the government eventually passed legislation to curb the two-for-one and BOGOF specials on six-packs but it as already too late and the culture well ingrained.

Not a dark-skinned chap to be seen among the drunk and disorderly either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

It didn't need to occur through war ..... wokism and political correctness handed the country to the immigrants without a fight.

If you are a white anglo-saxon Christion - try applying for a job, housing assistance or a position in government, and you'll see who has the 'whip hand'.

Are you claiming that White Anglo Saxon people in the UK have a higher unemployment rate than other ethnic groups? That they are discriminated against? This would mean that non-whites should have a higher rate of employment than whites? Is that the case? About 14% of the UK's population is non-white. Unfortunately I can only find a breakdown at the level of white, not Anglo-Saxon government workers. What you claim here sounds like self-pitying nonsense, although obviously I don't have a clue as to your actual ethnicity.

• there were around 445,480 UK civil servants working in the UK and overseas at the end of March 2019
  • 87.3% of civil servants were from the White ethnic group (compared with 85.6% of the working age population in the 2011 Census)
  • 6.6% of civil servants were Asian, 3.4% were Black, 1.8% had Mixed ethnicity, 0.6% were from the Other ethnic group, and 0.3% were from the Chinese ethnic group

What you claim here sounds like self-pitying nonsense, although obviously I don't have a clue as to your actual ethnicity.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Certainly wiped out a lot of pubs in Aberdeen where Friday's workers could get tanked on cheap cans of beer and cider from the supermarkets before they went clubbing. They were off their heads before 9 pm and when the clubs emptied around 2 am, you didn't want to be on the street. The cops would park up the side streets and only come out around 3 am after the brawls were over and nick the wounded and passed out. 

Stop : You will make a lot of posters  feel homesick 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

It didn't need to occur through war ..... wokism and political correctness handed the country to the immigrants without a fight.

If you are a white anglo-saxon Christion - try applying for a job, housing assistance or a position in government, and you'll see who has the 'whip hand'.

If you are a white Anglo Saxon Christian with all the advantages of language, education, social connections but you are still being out paced by immigrants your problems are closer to home than you might care to admit. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Certainly wiped out a lot of pubs in Aberdeen where Friday's workers could get tanked on cheap cans of beer and cider from the supermarkets before they went clubbing. They were off their heads before 9 pm and when the clubs emptied around 2 am, you didn't want to be on the street. The cops would park up the side streets and only come out around 3 am after the brawls were over and nick the wounded and passed out. I think the government eventually passed legislation to curb the two-for-one and BOGOF specials on six-packs but it as already too late and the culture well ingrained.

Not a dark-skinned chap to be seen among the drunk and disorderly either.

I had a near death experience in Aberdeen.

I foolishly tried to walk from the top of Union Street to the bottom in the face of a ‘brisk Aberdeen Breeze’.

It was June.

I nearly froze to death but for the sudden urge that came upon me to view the wares in a haberdashery.

I was saved by 45 minutes perusing their collection of crochet needles.

I’ve been something of a fan of Scottish handcrafts ever since.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Wrong .... my comments were based on my kids experience back in the UK - the prospective employers had quotas for specific ethnicities that made it impossible for them to employ white people.

And as for unemployment levels amongst some ethnic groups, this is partly down to their unemployability due to poor English skills or the fact that their husbands do not allow them to work.

This situation is so blatantly clear, only people indoctrinated into the extreme political correctness prevalent in the UK could try to defend it.

So the non white people who are beating out your kids for jobs actually aren't employed because they are for one reason or another unemployable.? That makes sense. Not.

• 76% of working age people (16 to 64 year olds) in England, Scotland and Wales were employed in 2019
  • 78% of White people were employed, compared with 66% of people from all other ethnic groups combined
  • the difference in the employment rates between the White ethnic group and all other ethnic groups combined went down by 5 percentage points between 2004 and 2019

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/work-pay-and-benefits/employment/employment/latest#:~:text=76% of people aged 16,out of all ethnic groups

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you are a white Anglo Saxon Christian with all the advantages of language, education, social connections but you are still being out paced by immigrants your problems are closer to home than you might care to admit. 

It's always risky to bring one's alleged relatives and/or their alleged experiences into the conversation. And not worth anything anyway when it comes to demographic issues.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Wrong .... my comments were based on my kids experience back in the UK - the prospective employers had quotas for specific ethnicities that made it impossible for them to employ white people.

And as for unemployment levels amongst some ethnic groups, this is partly down to their unemployability due to poor English skills or the fact that their husbands do not allow them to work.

This situation is so blatantly clear, only people indoctrinated into the extreme political correctness prevalent in the UK could try to defend it.

The UK based engineering consultancy I worked for omitted profile photos, names and educational institutes from CVS presented to clients.

For the very specific reason of removing opportunity for clients to reject candidates based on race or origin.

Only an idiot would believe this was to prevent racism against ‘White Anglo Saxon Christians’.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

As I'm writing this on an ex-pats website I think it's reasonable to assume I was not referring to my own experience in UK.  My comments were based on the experience of my kids, who decided that settong up their own business was a better option that fighting the quota system 

The UK has handed the 'whip hand' to minorities.  In Thailand I accept that Thai people run their country for themselves, and I have to comply with their rules, I do not expect the odds to be tipped in my favor to help me get a job.

It’s very natural for a parent to regard the achievements and accomplishments of their own children with high regard, I do, and it is absolutely no criticism of you that you do too.

But sometimes we have to face the reality they are not all cracked up to be what we believe they are.

I wish your kids (all kids) the best of luck getting a good job, if they don’t it’s almost certainly not some quota or some immigrant’s fault.

Don’t offer them excuses, encourage them to strive.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s very natural for a parent to regard the achievements and accomplishments of their own children with high regard, I do, and it is absolutely no criticism of you that you do too.

But sometimes we have to face the reality they are not all cracked up to be what we believe they are.

I wish you kids the best of luck getting a good job, if they don’t it’s almost certainly not some quota or some immigrant’s fault.

Don’t offer them excuses, encourage them to strive.

You know nothing about my kids, their education achievements and their work experience before and during their university education.  I take your post as both patronizing and insulting 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

You know nothing about my kids, their education achievements and their work experience before and during their university education.  I take your post as both patronizing and insulting 

It was perhaps not such a good idea to introduce them into the discussion.

Think about that a while.

And then think about your own derogatory remarks about all those other people you don’t know.

Edited by Chomper Higgot