Multiple Entries Tourist Visa available ?

Hello everyone,

(sorry if this topic has already been answered...) 

In the new eVisa procedure I see there is the possibility to ask for a Multiple Entries Tourist Visa.

I understand that this visa is valid for 6 months only.

So i could stay 2 months, ask for 30 days extension, then leave the country, do it again a second time, and before the end of the 6 months make a last visa run. Altogether staying nearly 9 months with 2 visa runs.

Is it available to everybody, because it is also written in small print :

"If you are applying for Multiple Entries you need to prove that you have a genuine reason to visit Thailand on a regular basis. The difference in fee will not be refunded if the officer grants a Single Entry Visa instead of the Multiple Entry Visa you applied for"

Any opinion ? Thanks

1.jpg

• Like 1

An METV is only available from your home country. How difficult it will be to get will depend on the Thai embassy in your home country. If you mention your nationality, someone may be able to advise on the policy of your home country's embassy.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

An METV is only available from your home country. How difficult it will be to get will depend on the Thai embassy in your home country. If you mention your nationality, someone may be able to advise on the policy of your home country's embassy.

On the contrary, the Thai embassy in Canada is not issuing visa's like it was prior to covid. It has to be applied for online; just a newer version of Thailand Pass. Some of us snowbirds from northern countries who like to escape the winter for 5 to 6 months are not exactly happy with the level of uncertainty that the online system provides.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Big FranK said:

I am from France...so i guess nothing is sure, it is not because it is available that you can get one, as it is up to the Ambassy to give a single or multiple visa ?

If you applied for a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) that is what you would get after paying the fee for it.

The embassy in Paris uses the online visa application site. https://thaievisa.go.th/

3 hours ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

On the contrary, the Thai embassy in Canada is not issuing visa's like it was prior to covid. It has to be applied for online; just a newer version of Thailand Pass. Some of us snowbirds from northern countries who like to escape the winter for 5 to 6 months are not exactly happy with the level of uncertainty that the online system provides.

Some embassies switched to use of the e-visa system pre Covid. Some have switched since. It has nothing to do with Thailand Pass. Although you make the application online when using the e-visa system, the final decision on whether the visa is granted is still up to your embassy.

Thanks for the answers, but my question was specifically about "If you are applying for Multiple Entries you need to prove that you have a genuine reason to visit Thailand on a regular basis".

How hard is it to get one of this METV these days, without a "genuine reason" whatever it is ?

Edited by Big FranK

18 minutes ago, Big FranK said:

Thanks for the answers, but my question was specifically about "If you are applying for Multiple Entries you need to prove that you have a genuine reason to visit Thailand on a regular basis".

I think you can ignore that statement. When you do the application online it would not be there.

You could put to visit family and friends or such.

2 hours ago, Big FranK said:

How hard is it to get one of this METV these days, without a "genuine reason" whatever it is ?

As I posted earlier, the "genuine reason", if any is needed, will depend on your home embassy. No one can hazard a guess, even if totally familiar with your home country's embassy's policies, because we do not know which embassy that is.