Just came back to thailand last week , do i need to do 90 days reporting ?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Your first report after entering the country will be due 90 days from the day you enter the country.

The day you left the country your 90 days were reset to zero and it stayed the same when you entered the country.

as always a lifesaver ubjoe , thnk u good day^^

26 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Please note:

Day of arrival counts as day 1, so accurately count the date for the 90 day report.

it is date of arrival + 89.

For example: You arrived 1st September, your report date would be Tuesday 29th November

(This not counting for the 15 days before and 7 days after in which you can report)

i will do the report on the 85th day ^^

On 9/4/2022 at 8:40 AM, bluebanana said:

i will do the report on the 85th day ^^

FWIW you will almost certainly be able to do the report on line.

I have just done the online report after my return to Thailand about 83 days ago NO new TM6 number offered, though I do have one. Total time taken was about 6 hours.

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

FWIW you will almost certainly be able to do the report on line.

I have just done the online report after my return to Thailand about 83 days ago NO new TM6 number offered, though I do have one. Total time taken was about 6 hours.

6 Hours!?!  Wow. I take a baht bus to Jomtien and walk down a road to Chonburi Immigration, hand in my passport, wait about 5-10 minutes and am done.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

6 Hours!?!  Wow. I take a baht bus to Jomtien and walk down a road to Chonburi Immigration, hand in my passport, wait about 5-10 minutes and am done.  

What the heck are posts like this got to do with anything.

For many folk immigration office is not handy.

BTW you can do it online in one minute. 

The confirmation will come soon enough no need to hold your breath. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 7:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your first report after entering the country will be due 90 days from the day you enter the country.

The day you left the country your 90 days were reset to zero and it stayed the same when you entered the country.

Are you sure about this? The 90 days after entry was valid when you reported your address through TM6. TM6 is no more, that's why immigration in Hua Hin (and other provinces I believe) require you now to do a TM30 after arrival instead, not after 90 days. By all means, this seems more logical to me than after entry you have no confirmed address for the first 90 days.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

Are you sure about this? The 90 days after entry was valid when you reported your address through TM6. TM6 is no more, that's why immigration in Hua Hin (and other provinces I believe) require you now to do a TM30 after arrival instead, not after 90 days. By all means, this seems more logical to me than after entry you have no confirmed address for the first 90 days.

You are badly confused.

the TM6 has never had any effect or influence on the 90 day report, unless you are required to do a 90 day report after filling one in.

the TM30 has not been required for a few years now (apart from a few rogue offices) when you return to your normal residence, if you have traveled outside Thailand or not.

your confirmed residence is the one you fill in in the 90 day report.

the only connection between that and the TM47 apart from the number you used to fill in, is that sometimes the TM47 is required 90 days after the TM6

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You are badly confused.

the TM6 has never had any effect or influence on the 90 day report, unless you are required to do a 90 day report after filling one in.

the TM30 has not been required for a few years now (apart from a few rogue offices) when you return to your normal residence, if you have traveled outside Thailand or not.

your confirmed residence is the one you fill in in the 90 day report.

the only connection between that and the TM47 apart from the number you used to fill in, is that sometimes the TM47 is required 90 days after the TM6

Really? The TM6 registers your address which goes into the same database as the address registered with TM30.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

Really? The TM6 registers your address which goes into the same database as the address registered with TM30.

You have a rather more in-depth assumed knowledge of the infrastructure than anyone outside the confines of the immigration department. Specially as the TM6 is now just a part time form.

1 hour ago, Thalueng said:

Trust me you are completely confused on requirements for 90 day reporting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackshadow said:

i do mine in person.....and 10 to 15 minutes DONE........

Right. So he did his online in 2 minutes then had some lunch and a swim and a nap and then checked his email and got his confirmation and you drove in the heat to and from immigration and waited 15 minutes in queue and for some reason you think your way is better and requires a smaller time investment. Gotcha. 

Edited by LikeItHot
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Thalueng said:

No, the TM 6 merely says where your first accommodation will be, which is wherever you put.

So I fly into Bkk and stay overnight at a local hotel before driving up t'North to my home.

What address do I put on TM6, if it still exists?

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No, the TM 6 merely says where your first accommodation will be, which is wherever you put.

So I fly into Bkk and stay overnight at a local hotel before driving up t'North to my home.

What address do I put on TM6, if it still exists?

That is easy, the hotel address.

When you return home you don’t do a TM30 you just do a 90 day report 90 days after your return, which has your home address on it.

5 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

Right. So he did his online in 2 minutes then had some lunch and a swim and a nap and then checked his email and got his confirmation and you drove in the heat to and from immigration and waited 15 minutes in queue and for some reason you think your way is better and requires a smaller time investment. Gotcha. 

I am perfectly happy for you if you (or the other poster) manages to do it online and swim and nap.

I do understand that for many IO is a long drive away. But in my case, e.g., the (satellite) office is inside the biggest mall in Chiang Mai, I go there at least a couple of times per week for shopping or eating, so the extra time to visit the IO is zero, the waiting time is usually zero, and I like to have a small rectangular strip of paper stapled to my passport  instead of carrying around a whole printed page. Also nice to have an interaction with a smiling officer or maybe another foreigner and to boost the business of that office.

Is it ok if we are both happy with our different ways?

13 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I am perfectly happy for you if you (or the other poster) manages to do it online and swim and nap.

I do understand that for many IO is a long drive away. But in my case, e.g., the (satellite) office is inside the biggest mall in Chiang Mai, I go there at least a couple of times per week for shopping or eating, so the extra time to visit the IO is zero, the waiting time is usually zero, and I like to have a small rectangular strip of paper stapled to my passport  instead of carrying around a whole printed page. Also nice to have an interaction with a smiling officer or maybe another foreigner and to boost the business of that office.

Is it ok if we are both happy with our different ways?

You can do whatever you want but since your situation represents less than 1% of 1% your habits and preferences are entirely irrelevant to the general masses rendering your advise worthless.  Your mere posting is a waste of our time for the same reason which is directly contradictory to the specific nature of this thread.

Edited by LikeItHot

19 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

good for him/her or whoever it is.......