UK Visitor Visa - Current Processing Times

A friend of mines wife collected her passport with her UK Standard Visit Visa inside on Friday, it took one month and three days from the date she had her biometric details captured.

She didn't pay for the priority service, I think it was a fluke rather than a new norm.

• Like 2

My wife applied on the 29th of July and was given the hard sell tactic of "it will take 10 - 12 weeks unless you use the priority service".  She resisted the hard sell and received her visa on the 25th of August. We did use the charged email service and we emailed daily after fifteen working days had passed and received generic replies. Overall we are obviously very happy to have received the visa but we do feel a little aggrieved with having a hard sell tactic which goes against the official notice of waiting times being 7 weeks with an effort made to go back to fifteen working days. 

Best of luck to all of those waiting and applying.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My wife applied 24th August, when I completed the application on line it stated 2-3 weeks but I told her afterwards that because of the Ukraine situation it would definitely be longer.

A couple of days later we received the official email that, sent a link to the GOV website that then  stated 7 weeks.

27/09/22 We received an email stating "it was under consideration". That applications were taking 9-10 weeks but it would definitely take longer than 6 weeks.

I checked then and I checked earlier today, the website still says 7 weeks.

We are still waiting. It is 7 weeks today.

Weird thing was the email we received in September was sent by the UKVI office in Delhi.

5 minutes ago, isnakebite said:

My wife applied 24th August, when I completed the application on line it stated 2-3 weeks but I told her afterwards that because of the Ukraine situation it would definitely be longer.

A couple of days later we received the official email that, sent a link to the GOV website that then  stated 7 weeks.

27/09/22 We received an email stating "it was under consideration". That applications were taking 9-10 weeks but it would definitely take longer than 6 weeks.

I checked then and I checked earlier today, the website still says 7 weeks.

We are still waiting. It is 7 weeks today.

Weird thing was the email we received in September was sent by the UKVI office in Delhi.

They are processed in India .

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

They are processed in India .

I presumed as such, but sending the email and stating "VFS do offer an optional paid for service which permits customers to retrieve your passport whilst we continue to consider your visa application please use the link below for more information:"

The link is for visa application centres in India and selection can't be changed. How is my wife going to collect her passport in India if they have her passport? Weird.

3 hours ago, isnakebite said:

I presumed as such, but sending the email and stating "VFS do offer an optional paid for service which permits customers to retrieve your passport whilst we continue to consider your visa application please use the link below for more information:"

The link is for visa application centres in India and selection can't be changed. How is my wife going to collect her passport in India if they have her passport? Weird.

The passport does not leave Bangkok.

4 hours ago, isnakebite said:

The "Premium Service" offered by VFS in Thailand allows applicants to retain passports for a limited period of time, 15 days, not retrieve it.

As @hotandstickycorrectly says, the passport stays in Thailand during the application process, with VFS inserting the vignette into the passport of succesful applicants.

• Like 1

I was expecting around a 7 week turnaround, the GF submitted biometrics on the 21st September at VFS in Bkk, her passport was delivered back to her house on the 5th of October so 14 days.

All we paid was the “silver premium package” for 760baht and that’s it.

Its not her first one though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 11:09 PM, hotandsticky said:

Any recent experiences of processing times.

I am hoping that UKVI may be getting back towards the normal 15 day processing times.

To answer my own question.............................10 working days.

A friend submitted her application on 14th November and the passport was posted out from Bangkok today.

As my missus did hers on the 15th I am hopeful of a decision this week.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

To answer my own question.............................10 working days.

A friend submitted her application on 14th November and the passport was posted out from Bangkok today.

As my missus did hers on the 15th I am hopeful of a decision this week.

My wife went to VFS on the 10th November and not heard anything yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackcab said:

A colleague applied for a standard visa. They attended their biometric appointment at VFS on 28 October.

Received notification to collect their passport on 28 November.

Getting closer to the old 15 working days (which I presume VfS are currently advising?).  My missus couldn't remember what they said.

On 11/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, theoldgit said:

Now if only HMPO were prepared to work just as hard as their UKVI colleagues apparently are to get back to the service standard for issuing new passports in their case (4 weeks?). But in view of their long-established track record of bungling incompetence and ineptitude I am not holding my breath for this to happen any time soon.????

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

Do they tell you if you've been successful or do you have to wait until you pick your passport up.

They never tell you (I hate that).

You either get the visa sticker in the passport - or a 'reasons why' rejection letter.

• Thanks 1