Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Thailand road carnage: Seventeen injured as pick-up slams into Chanthaburi noodle shop

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on a serious accident late last night when a pick-up with Rayong plates plowed into a noodle stand where diners were outside eating.

Muang Chanthaburi police and rescue services arrived at the scene where a black Isuzu D-Max laden with fruit in baskets had mounted the footpath causing a front tire to burst.

There was extensive damage to the shop and people were lying all about with serious and minor injuries. They were mostly diners but also pedestrians.

The injured were taken to Phrapokklao Hospital and Sirivej Hospital.

The incident occurred on Raksakchamoon Road heading out of Chanthaburi, an eastern seaboard city.

A yam trader at a next door restaurant said that they heard a great noise late at night while they were upstairs and came down to see the carnage caused by the pick-up. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-09-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

"i wonder why so many noodle shops are literally “glued” to the road ..I see many customers eating with one foot on the road. "

call it "resourceful"                                                                                                                                                                                                                    think of the level of effort it would take to throw the garbage into the street from 2 meters away.. when you could just "drop it "                                    I have to give myself a  ☹️ face for this one .....  so sad,  but true

21 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

When you get the munchies, you just got to feed it.

Them damned roadside noodles are some of the best groceries on Earth.  Right up there w/ sticky rice, som-tam and BBQ yard buzzard.

Am in Florida now and willing to risk life and limb (plus 27 hours of airline nonsense) for them, too many times to count.

I did it all for noodles! I swear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1