How low will the £ go?

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That's where the good value live here thread come in,  I only need 15k per month most the time. ????????

Sorry I was not specific. Most guys MUST send 65k per month.

Living on 15k is for how many people please?

46 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry I was not specific. Most guys MUST send 65k per month.

Living on 15k is for how many people please?

Me and the wife. 

Money kept in bank for extension all year all the time,  I have never done extensions showing monthly earnings. 

9 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

I'm Scottish, so I'm well impressed by that!  lol
We spend 25k in a bad month, my (Thai) wife's even tighter than me!

Yeah understand I'm talking iabout. averaging amounts every 4 weeks so really 16k+ a month so to put into context some months there's road tax on bikes and truck maybe some household item replacements or repairs. 

I can still do many things myself for something to do, so no sweat and the odd holiday get away for a few days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Fingering the frets below the capo will not do much good. 555

I doubt anyone has given her any fingering practice in years. :shock1:

Ps My old guitar teacher always said it was all in the wrist action coupled with precision timing. :giggle:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile on the opposite of the pairings and the sole reason for Sterling/Bahts current decline we sit at just $1.145 the lowest level since the Thatcher years when we edged closer to parity

Thank our lucky stars that the Dollar/Baht is actually at 37 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Britain is going down the pan quickly - the government gave away (I think?) £69Bn in furlough payments during the lock-downs so that people didn't have to go to work.

They have now committed £90Bn to subsidising domestic energy bills on the assumption that the crisis will be over within two years - dream on!

In addition, they are now talking of propping up businesses in a similar way - how much will that cost?

GBP/USD is at the lowest rate for 37 years - and, as I write this, that is not even front page on the BBC.

I am retired and am currently in the process of liquidating my untouched private pension and moving it in to an American fund.

With my ready cash I think that the best thing I can do is open a Thai bank account on my visit next month and drop THB1M there in readiness for a retirement visa - even at the pathetic interest rates available I reckon I will lose less than I would with cash investments in the UK and our inflation.

So glad that I am a baby-boomer and also that I never had any kids - the young generation here are screwed.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Britain is going down the pan quickly - the government gave away (I think?) £69Bn in furlough payments during the lock-downs so that people didn't have to go to work.

They have now committed £90Bn to subsidising domestic energy bills on the assumption that the crisis will be over within two years - dream on!

In addition, they are now talking of propping up businesses in a similar way - how much will that cost?

GBP/USD is at the lowest rate for 37 years - and, as I write this, that is not even front page on the BBC.

I am retired and am currently in the process of liquidating my untouched private pension and moving it in to an American fund.

With my ready cash I think that the best thing I can do is open a Thai bank account on my visit next month and drop THB1M there in readiness for a retirement visa - even at the pathetic interest rates available I reckon I will lose less than I would with cash investments in the UK and our inflation.

So glad that I am a baby-boomer and also that I never had any kids - the young generation here are screwed.

What happened after 37 years ago. 

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

I assume that GBP recovered - I don't believe that will happen this time and would not be at all surprised if it drops below parity in the next three years.

Bet you a bluey that a squid will go up against the baht by the middle of next year 2023. 

On 9/16/2022 at 6:56 AM, Chivas said:

Meanwhile on the opposite of the pairings and the sole reason for Sterling/Bahts current decline we sit at just $1.145 the lowest level since the Thatcher years when we edged closer to parity

Thank our lucky stars that the Dollar/Baht is actually at 37 !

Sterling isn't declining - the US Dollar is soaring - it will end badly for the dollar.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Bet you a bluey that a squid will go up against the baht by the middle of next year 2023. 

I've no idea what a bluey is but, as stated above, I will probably be punting GBP25,000 on the THB next visit so I think that is enough of a gamble?

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sterling isn't declining - the US Dollar is soaring - it will end badly for the dollar.

I'll take my chances.

Covid knocked us (and Europe) down and Putin is kicking us while we're still on the ground - thanks to our poor energy planning he is in a very strong position for the foreseeable future - it will end badly for us.

7 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I've no idea what a bluey is but, as stated above, I will probably be punting GBP25,000 on the THB next visit so I think that is enough of a gamble?

Well I could count blower numbers in the September of 2005, got all my money from UK at that time from an ATM which was free then, except tied up bonds. 

You have London in your name but obviously not a cockney. ????