90 day report when Moving Province

6 hours ago, Tanlic said:

I  found it hard to get information or a response on here to this simple quetion so I hope this helps someone.

I moved from Pattaya to a village in the north east and was 150km to the local Immigration office.

The thought of a 300km round trip on my motorbike did not appeal to me one bit.

Someone had said you need to go personally to do your first 90 day report when moving to a new province

This is absolute rubbish.

I was lucky to get a phone call answered immediately and the immigration officer could not have been more helpful

She told me to send the following by post. You can not do your first one in a new province online but your next one you can.

A copy of your lease if you don't have a yellow book.

If you have a lease date it from the day after you intend to post everything.

A completed TM30 signed by your landlady if you have one and a copy of her ID signed.

A completed TM47 both the TM30 and TM 47 you can download.

A copy of your latest Visa and a copy of your current 90 day report

A copy of your arrival card (that's the white slip pinned to your passport)

A copy of the main page of your passport.

A stamped adress envelope for them to send your new 90 day report to you.

Make sure you sign all copies in blue ink.

I sent everything on the Monday morning and had my new 90day report by Thursday afternoon.

It would be helpful if you stated which immigration office you dealt with, as we all know that each IO operates within its own set of rules.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

It's been mentioned many times on AseanNow that your first report can be done in person OR via mail.

On your list think you missed photocopy of pp page showing most recent entry to Thailand. 

No I haven't Main page of PP and arrival card are there

8 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

It would be helpful if you stated which immigration office you dealt with, as we all know that each IO operates within its own set of rules.

In certain matters yes, for example how much you are charged for a letter of residence can vary, appointment making is required by some but not in this case they do not. The rules are the rules end of story. The only difference is if you live in a heavily populated area like BKK or Pattaya you make find your new 90 day report takes time to come back. Spoke to my friend today who told me he got worried and called Pattya when his never came back and they told him not to worry he was registered  on their system/computers and it will come eventiually.

At the end of the day the question is can I apply for a 90 day report by post when moving to a new province..

The answer is YES!!! 

1 hour ago, Tanlic said:

In certain matters yes, for example how much you are charged for a letter of residence can vary, appointment making is required by some but not in this case they do not. The rules are the rules end of story. The only difference is if you live in a heavily populated area like BKK or Pattaya you make find your new 90 day report takes time to come back. Spoke to my friend today who told me he got worried and called Pattya when his never came back and they told him not to worry he was registered  on their system/computers and it will come eventiually.

At the end of the day the question is can I apply for a 90 day report by post when moving to a new province..

The answer is YES!!! 

Unless the province you move to does not accept 90 day reports by post. Last time I checked, Buriram was one such province.

In that case the answer would be NO!!!

Happy to be corrected if Buriram does now indeed accept reports by post, hence my previous request asking that you name the province in your case.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Tanlic said:

The answer is YES!!

Well known. Mentioned MANY times on AseanNow.

Also it is important to mention which immigration office you deal with.

I previously report via mail prior to the new improved online method.

I deal with CW and my list is different to what you list. 

On 9/11/2022 at 9:22 AM, daveAustin said:

In your experience. 

• Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    • front page showing name / surname / Passport No., etc.
    • current visa
    • last entry stamp of immigration
    • last extension of visa
  • Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)
  • Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
  • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47
  • Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification.
  • This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  • 90 day reports by mail need to be sent by registered mail
  • Mailed report must be received within 15 to 7 days before the report date.

From Thai Immigration. Now in your experience show me something that disagrees with that from any Immigration office in Thailand.

Please anyone reading this simply call your local office who will confirm that they accept mailed reports. These people who just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble is what gets this forum a bad name.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:03 PM, DrJack54 said:

Well known. Mentioned MANY times on AseanNow.

Also it is important to mention which immigration office you deal with.

I previously report via mail prior to the new improved online method.

I deal with CW and my list is different to what you list. 

I did my own report and did my landladies TM30 for her which she signed and supplied a copy of her ID.

Immigration stamped signed and returned the bottom sections for office use only for both the TM30 and the TM47

I gave my landlady her copy to keep.

When I do my next reoprt there is no need for a lease or a TM30

The list above is what you send once your initial registration.

That is the only difference it's got nothing to do with which office it's to do with your personal situation.

For example if you have just moved and obtained a yellow book you obviously don't need a lease for your first application in the area..