replace bank card

32 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If you have a new passport but have not update the number on file you will need to go to the branch where the account was opened.

This may vary from bank to bank.

I was certainly able to update my passport information and get a new card in a Krugsri branch that wasn't the same branch in which I opened the account (different province).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayClay said:

This may vary from bank to bank.

I was certainly able to update my passport information and get a new card in a Krugsri branch that wasn't the same branch in which I opened the account (different province).

I bank with Kasikorn and BKK.

My post reflects my experience with them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JayClay said:

My experience was similar with Bangkok Bank when I needed to update that information; a local "mall" branch were happy to do it to save me the trip to the Head Office.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My experience was similar with Bangkok Bank when I needed to update that information; a local "mall" branch were happy to do it to save me the trip to the Head Office.

Shows the inconsistency between branches.

I tried to update passport deets at two different branches in Pattaya, both refused and said I had to go to the branch the account was opened.

Had to get a new debit card from K Bank, old passport on record.... refused to give me a card citing I had to update details at branch account opened..... which is in BKK.

I opened another account and transferred to money across... Took less than 15 mins.... compared to a 3 to 4 hour round trip to BKK !!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Had to get a new debit card from K Bank, old passport on record.... refused to give me a card citing I had to update details at branch account opened..... which is in BKK.

I opened another account and transferred to money across... Took less than 15 mins.... compared to a 3 to 4 hour round trip to BKK !!

And that's precisely what they wanted you to do. Now they can win the inter-branch "sign up a new customer" competition. It counts customers the same way that TAT counts tourists.

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And that's precisely what they wanted you to do. Now they can win the inter-branch "sign up a new customer" competition. It counts customers the same way that TAT counts tourists.

Kudo's to them if such a competition exists.

FWIW I stopped transfering money to that account at that time and when the balance went to zero I cut the card and bank book and tossed them.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:14 AM, CharlieH said:

In my banks case the number on my yellow tabien bahn /ID Card, they dont have /use my passport at all.

I lost a bank card Krung Thai yesterday. I went to the nearest branch and got a new one just using my Thai ID card. I was surprised as my branch is 600 km away. Also, when losing the bank book, you need to go to the police station to file a report. 

• Thumbs Up 1