I Think I Had Covid Last Week

Danderman123

No, I didn't get tested. 

I had a sore throat for a couple of days, which led me to believe that a cold was coming on.  Not a severe sore throat, which is normally a sure sign of an oncoming cold. 

Day 3 came and went, the sore tgroat continued, and I thought that the cold was just late. I did take some antibiotics to avoid any secondary infection. 

Day 4 came, and i still had a minor sore throat. I was thinking about taking an ATK test, but those things are useless for Omicron. 

Day 5 came, and the sore throat was almost gone. 

Day 6 came, and it was gone. 

Maybe I just had some random sore throat, or maybe i had a very mild case of Covid. If so, my 7 vaccinations probably helped me. 

On what basis do you say ATK tests are useless for Omicron? I've detected COVID several times in family members with them.

If you were unvaccinated, a 500 baht blood test for antibodies would establish if you had COVID. If you were vaccinated, you will never know.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Should have taken ATK, worked for me for Omicron. Now you'll never know. Antibiotics weren't necessary 

Yes, Omicron tends to be a non event. No sore throat, but the weird feeling of having fever, without while having normal temperature. I took Paracetamol for 3 and half days. Could have done without, but I am no masochist.

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes, Omicron tends to be a non event. No sore throat, but the weird feeling of having fever, without while having normal temperature. I took Paracetamol for 3 and half days. Could have done without, but I am no masochist.

For me it was about as mild as possible, sore throat, runny nose 1 day, little temperature half a day, tiredness couple days, that was about it text book symptoms, but weirdly i was left with a long covid of head spin

Edited by scubascuba3

In the absence of other symptoms, I think it likely it wasn't covid.  Typically, one might also suffer cold like symptoms- you know runny nose, headache, sneezing, spluttery cough.

On the other hand, if you did have any of those other symptoms, then yes very likely you did have Omicron.

Strep throat perhaps or even tonsillitis.

Edited by mommysboy

For me it was about as mild as possible, sore throat, runny nose 1 day, little temperature half a day, tiredness couple days, that was about it text book symptoms, but weirdly i was left with a long covid of head spin

me too, didnt even know i had COVID until i started having problems a week or two down the road.

'Headspin'.  How long have the symptoms been going on?

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Thats not true. Your body tells you if you are sick or not ie sore throat, coughing etc

????...........Like it tells you if you have cancer starting, a flashing light comes on, like it tells you not to go out you're going to have a stroke today............????