Maid/Cleaning Person

jimmym40

18 hours ago, jimmym40 said:

Open to hourly or daily, whatever works for both parties.    Salary negotiable.

6 hours ago, orang37 said:

need more details: pay, days/hours per day, times of work, nature of duties ... before i will PM you with a possible candidate.

Most will not want to share a candidate unless you provide a few more details--all one needs to do is to look on Jobs Chiang Mai on FB and can see those looking for a maid and offering a poor salary and extensive household duties and long hours, etc.

At least post the required hours for the days you want worked and clarify duties---cleaning only,. no cooking, laundry, childcare, garden work, etc, and what you will pay for each day worked--what's at least a range.

• Thumbs Up 1

1.   Not on FB.

2.   Not a gated community

3.   Hours can be from 4=8 hrs a day

4.   Pay:   4 - 600 baht a day

5.   Begin work 9 am.

6.   Normal maid cleaning duties:    Dust, sweep (inside and out) mop, clean bathrooms (2)

As stated previously, everything is negotiable with both parties.   I left that open in the beginning to open up more possibilities for more candidates qualifying.

Some want to work, but not full time, some want extra 1 or 2 days to supplement their current position.  

1 hour ago, jimmym40 said:

1.   Not on FB.

2.   Not a gated community

3.   Hours can be from 4=8 hrs a day

4.   Pay:   4 - 600 baht a day

5.   Begin work 9 am.

6.   Normal maid cleaning duties:    Dust, sweep (inside and out) mop, clean bathrooms (2)

As stated previously, everything is negotiable with both parties.   I left that open in the beginning to open up more possibilities for more candidates qualifying.

Some want to work, but not full time, some want extra 1 or 2 days to supplement their current position.  

Yes, you left it open, but too open--by clarifying you have ensured that you're not a cheap charlie trying to take advantage, and may actually draw more sincere interest.  Some, share they want a maid for cleaning, but once the individual is on the scene, the duties increase to include all kinds of other responsibilities--so, it's good you clarified.

However, often it is by word of mouth ==Thai friends recommending a name--i have yet to see an agency in CM, like in Bkk that offers maids, often from Myanmar, which one can interview and select.

How do you get a good cleaner in Thailand? Our cleaner is <deleted> but my wife won't fire her even though she says the same. Our cleaner lives in a shack with her hubby and children and has no personal pride which is obvious from the state of her residence.  

Our house cleaner comes two times per month and cleans everything, floors, windows, toilets, showers, bedsheets, etc, etc. We pay her 1000bht per visit (ie: 2000bht per month). She does a thorough job and we have no problem keeping up between visits.

40 minutes ago, Rig Pig said:

Our house cleaner comes two times per month and cleans everything, floors, windows, toilets, showers, bedsheets, etc, etc. We pay her 1000bht per visit (ie: 2000bht per month). She does a thorough job and we have no problem keeping up between visits.

All depends on size of property and how many inhabitants.