Extension for visiting wife - Qs on requirements

I recently learned of the extension based on visiting a Thai spouse. After reading the requirements here (no.24), copied below for easy reference:

In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:

Criteria for Consideration

1. There must be proof of relationship.
  2. In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

Documents to be submitted

1. Application form
  2. Copy of applicant’s passport
  3. Copy of household registration certificate
  4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality
  5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate

I have some questions, if anyone could help answer please:

1) How else do I prove the relationship with my wife is de facto. Should the marriage certificate alone be suffice?

2) I am currently on a Tourist Visa, so I'd need to use TM.7 for the application form, is this correct?

3) Copy of household registration certificate, is this referring to my wife's house book? Does it matter if she and I are now living together in a different address than what's in her house book? Her name is registered in another house, but she and I are currently living together in her sister's vacant house. Which house book should I use in this case?

I will be using the CW office to apply for the extension.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by EdwardM

1. That is why your wife needs to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension.

2. Yes

3. A copy of her4 house book registry is additional proof she is Thai. Same for a copy of her ID card.

Proof of where you a living is different and that would be her sisters house book.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

I are currently living together in her sister's vacant house. Which house book should I use in this case?

Your Wifes House Book copy + her ID card copy (signed)

Sisters House Book copy + her ID card copy (signed)

Both will be required

• Thanks 1

Thank you both Ubonjoe and DrJoy.

A couple of further questions please:

1) How many days prior to the expiry of my Tourist Visa must I apply for this extension?

2) When I get the extension, will my stay be extended from the date of my original TR visa expiry day or from the date of extension? If it's the latter, I'm considering going a bit later, rather than sooner.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

Thank you both Ubonjoe and DrJoy.

A couple of further questions please:

1) How many days prior to the expiry of my Tourist Visa must I apply for this extension?

2) When I get the extension, will my stay be extended from the date of my original TR visa expiry day or from the date of extension? If it's the latter, I'm considering going a bit later, rather than sooner.

Thank you.

Couple of weeks prior to expiry (can be up to day of expiry but don't do that)

Your 60 days starts from end of current permit

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Digging this up as I'd like to confirm something on the marriage certificate please.

My understanding is I should bring both Kor Ror 2 and 3.

Does any of them need to be recently dated? I got married last week, and will go apply to the extension next week.

Also, I plan to apply to convert my current TR to Non-O based on marriage around 60 days later.

I am going to use the CW office for these.

14 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

Does any of them need to be recently dated? I got married last week, and will go apply to the extension next week.

Not all offices ask for the Kor Ror 2. Since you have only been married for a short time the Kor Ror 2 will not need to be updated by getting a print out of it done.

The Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate will never need to be updated.

17 minutes ago, EdwardM said:

Also, I plan to apply to convert my current TR to Non-O based on marriage around 60 days later.

You will need at least 15 days remaining on the 60 day extension to apply for the non-o visa.

Requirement for the non-o visa is here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022C1_06.pdf

• Thanks 1