Only In Chanthaburi?

HappyExpat57

It is not only in Chantaburi but various offices.

This is a big problem in Trat also, immigration will not issue Certificate of Residence (CoR) letters. But here in Trat the Honda office last year would not sell a bike without a CoR, maybe this has changed in Trat as well now.

Trat Transport office would not renew driving licenses without a CoR. This was a huge problem for me. Maybe that will change as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billzant said:

HappyExpat57

This is a big problem in Trat also, immigration will not issue Certificate of Residence (CoR) letters. But here in Trat the Honda office last year would not sell a bike without a CoR, maybe this has changed in Trat as well now.

Trat Transport office would not renew driving licenses without a CoR. This was a huge problem for me. Maybe that will change as well.

If the Honda shop had balked at selling to me, I was going to get their number, return to immigration and have the IO talk directly to them. Fortunately I didn't have to go there.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If the Honda shop had balked at selling to me, I was going to get their number, return to immigration and have the IO talk directly to them. Fortunately I didn't have to go there.

They have sold you a bike but are they going to register it? 

Three years ago, I bought a motobike in Prachinburi ; did'nt know that I need a residence certificate ( just gave my tabian ban ), and I had the bike the same day, registed too, two weeks later, I received my new white plae 

In twelve years, nobody has asked me a certificate of residence, may be because I show my tabian ban every time 

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, billzant said:

HappyExpat57

Had a similar Prob in Trat, buying a new Yamaha, showed them my yellow book, and pink card, they got on the phone i presume to the transport office, " Easier if you put it in your wife's name." Yeh I know that but I want it in MY name. They wouldn't do it 'coz to hard for them, luckily I can trust my missus so as soon as the new plate and number arrive, back to trat and put my name, cept had the same prob last time with car. Just outside the City their is another Transport Office at, 

'Khao Saming District Trat', who had no problems with it. same i renewed my DL there also. bit further to travel but.........mission accomplished. 

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

So what was the outcome ?? did you get the bike and drive it away on their red plates ? have you got the new plate yet ?

Aforek,

I am glad you didn't have problems In Prachinburi, and you are probably right that your tabian baan was enough for you. Things are different in different areas.

Sadly the rules in Trat appear different. The amphur suggested I got a tabian baan and a pink ID card to renew a  driving license. The driving office still caused me problems that the amphur eventually solved.

However the tabian baan and pink ID card are now enough for me to buy a car - I checked.

brianthainess,

Interesting. I was dealing with my DL for a long period last year.

In the end it was solved by the amphur getting on the phone to the konsoong. I would go to the guy and say I wanted to renew my DL. He just said he wanted a CoR and stonewalled.

The amphur told me the matter would be resolved if I got a tabian baan and a pink ID card. I went up and down to Bkk - embassy and translation; then several trips to the amphur with landlord, got the tabian baan and ID card, took them to the konsoong and the guy still stonewalled.

I think the amphur felt guilty at sending me from pillar to post and also felt Thai  embarrassment   at the DL guy. The registrar got on the phone and after 20 mins he agreed to let me register for a renewal test - colours and reaction test.

Last year a Thai friend got in touch with the Khao Saming office because I had heard they were more sensible. Last year they were not.

I am glad they were more sensible for you.

see PM