90 day report blues....or maybe not?

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Yes, this is the email address I use to contact Pathum Thani immigration. 

From memory it's at the top of the application form online. 

It certainly works for me, but accept that every office is different !

Interesting. I will check out the application form to see if the email address is there. (It's gotta be somewhere!????)

Thanks orchidfan. ????

8 hours ago, rwilem said:

When looking at the 'checking status' page the column to the right, last one, will give you the status of your submission(s).

For your latest one, do you see PENDING in that column? If you have submitted a report, received the email letting you know that submission was received, then you should see some status of that submission. Either PENDING, REJECTED or APPROVED.

Seeing as you have not mentioned that, I wonder if you did indeed, unfortunately, cancel the submission when you hit that 'X' mark. If you couldn't see anything with PENDING, my guess is your submission is not there. 

It's Thursday now, why don't you attempt another 'fresh' submission, and see what happens today? If nothing happens you could go to the office tomorrow to do it in person. 

Actually, you could go in on Monday the 19th and be within the 7-day grace period. So submit a fresh report today, now, and hold tight for today, if you'd rather go to the office tomorrow. Or hold on through the weekend and go in on Monday if you don't get approved by over the weekend.

Submit a fresh one today, and who knows, maybe you could get approved by the evening.

Thanks a lot for that info and advice, rwelim. ????

Re the Status page and what you say to look out for, etc, (which makes perfect sense btw), it always continued to say, and still does say, 'pending' even after being silly enough to press on the big red X!

(Re the Cancel option btw, when I pressed on the X, a box appeared in which was a place to write a message, if one wished, and 2 options, Save and Close. I pressed close and no changes took place that I NOTICED (except me crossing my fingers that I hadn't stupidly cancelled my application!) so I'm figuring that pressing that big red X doesn't in itself cancel. If you press Save also, then I'm guessing it is cancelled, for sure. (Dunno though.)

I will at this point say, rwelim, that I DID already drive there in person today (Thursday) to sort it out. I think I lost my nerve and couldn't wait it out any longer! 

I think my experiences with immigration, be it Bangkok in the past, or Korat office more recently, have left me kind of 'jittery' about needing to get it right....so that they have NO reason to fine me for being late or make my life difficult in anyway! 

The way I saw things 'deadline-wise', rwelim, I knew I couldn't count the weekend in, as I assume they wouldn't be sending me notifications as they're closed. And I was worried that if they counted my due date (Mon 12 Sep) in the 7 day grace period, then this coming Monday would technically be day 8 and I could get fined. 

(Or is day 1 of the grace period the day after the due date? Maybe. ????)

So anyway, I cracked and lost my nerve and just went there. 

I appreciate you taking the trouble to calculate my options, on my behalf. That's good of you, thanks.

????????????

7 hours ago, Toolong said:

I will at this point say, rwelim, that I DID already drive there in person today (Thursday) to sort it out. I think I lost my nerve and couldn't wait it out any longer! 

Well, I guess 'all's well that ends well' can apply here, as you're done and good to go until the next time.

And by seeing the PENDING status on the submission that tells you it was not accidentally cancelled. So you could have taken one more day, today (Thursday), to see if you'd get an APPROVED on it before making the trek. (But maybe today was going to be better for you than doing it tomorrow (Friday), you're the boss for that!)

Now on the 7-day window past the due date. Yes, I understand that the due date is/may be/could be counted as Day 1 of the grace period. Don't know if that is a hard-and-fast rule in every office. Don't know about that.

Wonder what are the experiences of having gone in to do it on the 7th day AFTER the due date.

And for some (many? all?) of the things that need to done st Immigration, if one's due date or deadline to do something falls on a holiday, or a day when Immigration is closed, the due date/deadline moves to the next day the Immigration office is open. 

Meaning, in theory, even if day 1 of the 7-day grace period was counted as having begun on the due date, day 7 would be on a Sunday. And since the office is closed on Sunday, Monday would be acceptable to submit a 90-day report in person, and would (should?) be considered as being done so within the grace period.

BUT, who knows how it would be 'interpreted' at your immigration office. And for sure, I understand your desire to not mess around and just get it done and behind you.

Edited by rwilem
Spell

6 hours ago, rwilem said:

Well, I guess 'all's well that ends well' can apply here, as you're done and good to go until the next time.

And by seeing the PENDING status on the submission that tells you it was not accidentally cancelled. So you could have taken one more day, today (Thursday), to see if you'd get an APPROVED on it before making the trek. (But maybe today was going to be better for you than doing it tomorrow (Friday), you're the boss for that!)

Now on the 7-day window past the due date. Yes, I understand that the due date is/may be/could be counted as Day 1 of the grace period. Don't know if that is a hard-and-fast rule in every office. Don't know about that.

Wonder what are the experiences of having gone in to do it on the 7th day AFTER the due date.

And for some (many? all?) of the things that need to done st Immigration, if one's due date or deadline to do something falls on a holiday, or a day when Immigration is closed, the due date/deadline moves to the next day the Immigration office is open. 

Meaning, in theory, even if day 1 of the 7-day grace period was counted as having begun on the due date, day 7 would be on a Sunday. And since the office is closed on Sunday, Monday would be acceptable to submit a 90-day report in person, and would (should?) be considered as being done so within the grace period.

BUT, who knows how it would be 'interpreted' at your immigration office. And for sure, I understand your desire to not mess around and just get it done and behind you.

Yes......I understand what you're saying about a) what exactly the rules are re when, say, the 7day period begins & ends, and b) how the immigration might actually apply those rules.

Your outline of how, in theory, things ought to be, I do agree with.

The mysterious ways of immigration is not something I lose too much sleep over (!!), BUT.......I honestly would love to have a chance to sit down for 2 minutes with an IO official and ask them these niggly questions, so as to just dispel the mysteries once and for all!

(I say that with some frustration, as at my immigration office, being able to find out info like that is very very difficult. Their service overall has become very satisfactory, efficient, friendly and so on, but it's oddly not set up to deal with queries like that. Or doesn't seem to be.)

Perhaps someone reading these posts might know, from their own experiences.

Cheers. ????

4 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

It is on their website, and

next time you enter the immigration office have a look at the entrance door when you enter the building.

Right! Perhaps I haven't been paying enough attention! (Obviously not ????????)

On 9/14/2022 at 8:57 PM, LoeiI said:

Just the question i was about to ask, so it goes to the immigration office that deals with the address you provide on the application ? i submitted mine 2 days ago and it is saying status pending 

Just a quick update on my application for info, I applied Monday AM approved Thursday PM as has been said minimal info was requested, Name, PP number, address (It wouldn't let me submit the form with the road/lane box left empty so i just put unknown Rd and it worked ok) entry to Thailand date and permission to stay date, no mention of TM 6 or visa details so all in all a pretty painless process many thanks for the info provided and good luck with your online application ????????